Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Edward Norton, this guy can do anything!

Have you noticed how Norton's star has flickered somewhat over the last several years? He's apparently one of the most difficult actors in all of Hollywood to work with (which is really saying something). At one point, he actually had Hollywood in the palm of his hand, but dude sort of blew it by being a colossal asshole. As an example, the guys at Marvel just gave Norton's Hulk role in The Avengers over to Mark Ruffalo because they didn't want to work with him anymore. Most of his work these days is limited release stuff, and he'll be lucky if all of it doesn't start just going direct to video. Shame, too, as he's quite the gifted actor.

While we're on the subject of Norton, I recommend that everyone check out his recent movie, Leaves of Grass. It's a fun little stoner yarn in the vein of a Coen Bros. comedy, and Norton's a lot of fun playing twin brothers (one's a scholar, the other a redneck).

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Flickered somewhat? I thought he had died or something tbph.

Have a video of Peter Lorre being awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvxBvqvuY7I

As I said, most of Norton's work nowadays is relegated to limited release. I think his last 3 or 4 movies only made it into select theaters before being rushed off to the home video market. The guy just isn't a bankable star, so I guess it's not financially worth putting up with any of his insane, ego-driven bullshit.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Check out The Gift. He's awesome in that.
    Thanks man, that's the one with Keanu Reeves yeah?
    I always enjoy (most) of his work, but for some reason I usually avoid his movies. Once I'm actually watching them though, I'm thinking I should of watched it earlier. Weird.

Costantine was awesome!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Keanu's acting abilities have always been a sort of laughing stock, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him. I could never place my finger on it until I read this recent article in the Guardian about him: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jan/13/keanu-reeves-henrys-crime

In particular, this paragraph:

"Reeves is a snug fit as Henry. His knack for playing the blank page, the human blur, has been mistaken in the past for stupidity or vacancy. Not at all. What he has is a singular Zen-like serenity, a stillness and poise, which can be just as hypnotic amidst the kinetic fury of Speed and The Matrix as it is in the more contemplative dreamscapes of Little Buddha or A Scanner Darkly. The misconception is partly Reeves's own fault. Interviewed in the early 1990s, he played up the stoner-slacker image cultivated in early films such as River's Edge, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Parenthood and I Love You to Death, and declared himself "a meathead"."

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Thanks man, that's the one with Keanu Reeves yeah?
    I always enjoy (most) of his work, but for some reason I usually avoid his movies. Once I'm actually watching them though, I'm thinking I should of watched it earlier. Weird.
    Yeah, Keanu's in it, and he's surprisingly effective. Great work by Cate Blanchett, too, but it's Ribisi who runs away with the entire movie (he's just got a knack for playing people with mental disabilities).

The film is most notable for being directed by Sam Raimi, the guy who did the Evil Dead and Spiderman movies (as well as a personal favorite, A Simple Plan). Also, Katie Holmes shows off her spectacular rack.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Keanu's in it, and he's surprisingly effective. Great work by Cate Blanchett, too, but it's Ribisi who runs away with the entire movie (he's just got a knack for playing people with mental disabilities).

The film is most notable for being directed by Sam Raimi, the guy who did the Evil Dead and Spiderman movies (as well as a personal favorite, A Simple Plan). Also, Katie Holmes shows off her spectacular rack.
    That last sentence sold it for me!!! Racks Rule ; )

Ribisi has always kind of reminded me of a young Bobcat Goldthwait, from police academy!

The Sam Raimi films you mentioned definitely did it for me (apart from Simple Plan, as I've never seen it) Evil Dead was sick though! Plus you've got to love a bit of Spiderman! Even the overly long third instalment, the Sandman looked great in that.

Also, I know it's not really on topic, but I watched The Walking Dead after reading about it in an old thread on this site, and I fricking loved it!

@Necro: that article kinda summed him up perfectly, what always stumps me though, is, was he Bill or Ted? I can never remember ; )

If you haven't seen A Simple Plan, you should definitely do something about that. It's a terrific little thriller about a pair of brothers (Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton) who stumble across a downed airplane while out hunting for foxes, and in the wreckage they find dead passengers and $4.4 million dollars in cash. I don't want to say anything more for fear of spoiling stuff, but let me assure you that it's well worth checking out.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    If you haven't seen A Simple Plan, you should definitely do something about that. It's a terrific little thriller about a pair of brothers (Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton) who stumble across a downed airplane while out hunting for foxes, and in the wreckage they find dead passengers and $4.4 million dollars in cash. I don't want to say anything more for fear of spoiling stuff, but let me assure you that it's well worth checking out.
    Billy Bob Thornton is a next level of fantastic! Bad Santa is one of the best Christmas films ever.