Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Blog Entries

XBOX One Unveil -- Thoughts? Opinions?

The new Microsoft system is here and it's obscenely powerful, completely intuitive and just a massive overhaul altogether. I'm 100% impressed by what they're showing off right now. I've never been an XBOX fan, never had one but this right here has my interest completely piqued. What's on the mind of my fellow eWN peepes?

Last edited by Rated_R(ob)KO; 05-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    From http://kotaku.com

"Microsoft's Marc Whitten just lifted the hood on the Xbox One's technical specifications. In short: 8 gigs of RAM, USB 3.0, Wi-Fi Direct, a Blu-Ray disc drive, 64-bit architecture and "practically silent operation." Kinect 2.0 also gets a substantial upgrade. Whitten promised the integrated camera will have a wider field of view, and the sensor will be able to detect more joints, to include rotation of wrists and shoulders. When you are exercising it can read your heartbeat."

Giant meh for the Halo series, even if Spielberg is involved

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've played Halo in the past and I actually agree. I never saw what was so amazing about it but, Steven Spielberg was a nice touch lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    The new Microsoft system is here and it's obscenely powerful, completely intuitive and just a massive overhaul altogether. I'm 100% impressed by what they're showing off right now. I've never been an XBOX fan, never had one but this right here has my interest completely piqued. What's on the mind of my fellow eWN peepes?

Pros:
    - Sports, sports and more sports! This'll make my life a lot easier
    - A lot stronger than the current 1 is
    - The design
    - EA Sports' thing actually sounded pretty sexy
    - Explained how it worked very well
    - Skype, not really a pro much but for me it will be lol

Cons:
    - The name...Very bleh, it's now also fucked in 359 generations time lol
    - They said the controller was by gamers for gamers so I imagine it'll come covered in cheesy powder lol
    - COD is the same old shit but more invested in story, at least fish have AI now!
    - They said 15 exclusives which is cool but 8 being brand new probably makes me think a few won't be that good.
    - Heavy on the graphics BS which I don't fucking care about. Graphic gamers are annoying who probably haven't ever played a classic retro game ever.
    - The stupid bitch on the right who put a stupid price on when they showed the price is right made my blood boil.

For me, it'll have everything I will want and assuming the games they have still interest me I'll be going for this 1.

Added Blu-Ray, and it is pretty much a cable box as well. This is really all your entertainment systems in one.

One thing it lacks. A clock on the front! That's the main reason I use a cable box nowadays.

I will have to wait until E3 to see what is going to be coming, but I am leaning towards a buy, if only for the blu-ray and gaming combined with the microsoft networking.

THE FINAL FIST BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey Bear...Rehmix called... He wants his everything back.

Malcolm Cage
    "Primetime" AJ Dixon
    EWNCW ~ IWA ~ APW

Needs Kinect and it has to be on.
    Need to INSTALL the game in order to play.
    Can't play older games.
    More fees if "used".

Microsoft fucked up.

"You got that game man?"

"Yeah! Let me bring...." THE WHOLE DAMN CONSOLE FOR THE GAME!

#REAL!

Don't care about the design, I care about the games so I'm OK.
    Let's wait for the 15 exclusives games that will be announced at E3, with half being new franchises, which is a very good thing
    Last edited by PSOjedi; 05-21-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Not impressed at all, a gaming console where gaming is not the main priority.

No Thanks.

Overall, the One is not for me.

It's a great piece of technology, but I don't watch TV, I don't want to pay for services to stream films. I don't have Blu Ray dvds. Using internet is far more practical and easier on a laptop with a keyboard and real mouse, which I already own. I don't have a skype account (nor want one). I'm generally not interested in what is 'trending', I watch/listen to what I want, not follow what others are. I'm not interested in anything Kinect has to offer.

No matter what games are revealled at E3, it won't make the One worth buying in my case. The Witcher 3 is the only game I have a crushing desire to play, and that's available on PS4 in any case. If I do buy another console, it'll likely be a PS4, as Sony have realised that a Playstation is for playing games as a primary function.

As I said in the Gaming Paradise thread, the jury is still out for me and will depend entirely on the games.

I already have everything I need multi-media wise in my house so that's not winning me over. All this about all being in one box, yes well I'm not going to get rid of my current set up and I may have multiple boxes but have people never heard of universal remotes? I can do everything I want from one control (including turning my lights on and off, opening and closing my curtains, my garage doors, my front and rear gates, can Xbox One do that!?)

Games need to be good for me to bother with a purchase, more so as I don't play often enough to warrant two gaming systems.