Thread: Y2J/Barrett

Y2J/Barrett

Hey guys

I just finished watching Raw, and the opening bout got me thinking. Why aren't Chris Jericho and Wade Barrett feuding with each other? They both aren't going into any direction. Especially Barrett is on a trip to nomansland... And Y2J, sure he has a feud with Fandango, but that isn't going anywhere as well.

So why not put them together? They have three good reasons to do so.
    1. Chemistry - seriously, just anybody that Chris gets in the ring with, looks great. Plus it would put Barrett over.
    2. History - Pro & rookie from NXT Season 1. And Chris helped Cena during the Nexus feud.
    3. IC Title - Wade wants to keep it around his waist and Chris could become a 10-time Intercontinental Champion.

Plus it would also be a fresh feud for both of them.

Are we going to see Wade Barrett on SD or next RAW, pissed off at Fandango ?
    Barrett face turn soon, team with Y2J to take on The Shield(c) ?

Personally, I wanted these to fight for the IC Title at WM because it would bring so much prestige to the title. Plus, when was the last time we got a Teacher vs Student feud? Miz and Alex Riley is the last one I can think of. But Jericho and Barret, definetly WM worthy. If they started now, I would not have much complaints either. These two are top notch on the mic, have legitimate history, and good in ring chemistry.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Blog Entries
    I agree that a Jericho/Barrett feud has the makings of a good feud.
    They both have history from NXT, the Intercontinental title is a mutual interest for both at this point, and they clearly have chemistry in the ring.

I'd like to see it happen, and it would make the Intercontinental prominent again.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post

Might see Fandango vs Barrett after monday!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post

I think they're going to do a fatal 4 way with Fandango, Jericho, Wade, and Miz so they can give Fandango the belt without having to give it to a face (without giving Kofi another pointless title reign ).

So based on the OT answers, this would be a great idea.

Btw, does anyone know what the name of his now entrance song is?

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    I think they're going to do a fatal 4 way with Fandango, Jericho, Wade, and Miz so they can give Fandango the belt without having to give it to a face (without giving Kofi another pointless title reign ).
    This match could be really interesting if it's made