Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I have heard that the name Curits Axel is actually one of Cenas ideas. A scheme to make himself look better...How dare he!

Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Warning: Insanely trivial and nitpicky comments to follow...

There's something about McGilligutty's look and overall appeal that just kills his credibility to me. Maybe its his hair, or his semi-jacked, sorta still pudgy frame - but I just don't feel like he looks special. I'm sure he's incredibly sound in the ring, but he just feels average. Does he stand out by exhibiting any of the following characteristics that get people over: strength, speed, awesome mic skills, good looks, high flying acrobatics, massive personality? I just dont think he stands out with any of those categories. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and he surprises me, but Axel feels average.
    Great comment. I echo all of this, he's just got nothing that I can see, at this point. He's not even 'vanilla', just some McGillicrispy dude.

Blog Entries
    Could not agree more that this was a total surprise and not really an unwelcome one...I missed RAW but when I heard about it from someone that night I must have misheard at first and thought it was Kurt Angle...gotta admit that would have been huge but I expect that is why they did the last minute switcheroo with his name to sound less like it with Curtis instead of "Curt"...I also agree that we should wait and see and give the moment a chance before we judge but cannot help but echo the comments about missed opportunities in his struggling re-debut...something is certainly awry here...maybe it is a designed flip-flop where Heyman is using him for something bigger and by course when he turns on him it will help him even more to be a face instead having a feud with whomever is the real bad guy number 3 under Paul's tutelage...this could help push two new stars one under Heyman as a heel and good old Curtis as a face...maybe..

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoenK View Post
    I have heard that the name Curits Axel is actually one of Cenas ideas. A scheme to make himself look better...How dare he!

Am I doing it right?
    It's a good start

Blog Entries
    Rob I honestly have lost a lot of time and focus staring at your own version of "instant replay" there in your sig...my brain cells might be dying off by the dozen but my libedo thanks you very much!

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

The good:
    - Joe Henning needs more TV time. His fast as hell swinging neck breaker is awesome.
    - His entrance theme music. Love the take on his dad's theme.
    - Putting him with Heyman gives him instant credibility.

The bad:
    - His name. So Heyman says Joe is a 3rd generation star who wants to carve his own history... by taking on his dad's first name, dad's theme music and grandfather's nickname? Why not go with Michael Henning? I know Joe isnt a marking name by any means, but instead of the stupid Curtis Axel, why not just give him his real last name and keep Michael?
    - The awful ending to the HHH match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Rob I honestly have lost a lot of time and focus staring at your own version of "instant replay" there in your sig...my brain cells might be dying off by the dozen but my libedo thanks you very much!
    Yeah.....it sucks you in!

On Hennig, he needs a good few weeks of dominating some opposition and winning cleanly. Unfortunately, if the rumour about Punk feuding with Lesnar is true, then I see Axel being thrown under the bus during that by Heyman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    On Hennig, he needs a good few weeks of dominating some opposition and winning cleanly. Unfortunately, if the rumour about Punk feuding with Lesnar is true, then I see Axel being thrown under the bus during that by Heyman

That's what I suggested in another thread. However, what's to stop Heyman appearing with Lesnar and Axel simultaneously? Heyman was appearing with Lesnar and Punk at the same time on the same show while both were in different feuds during recent months, so I don't see why he can't do the same with Lesnar and Axel.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That's what I suggested in another thread. However, what's to stop Heyman appearing with Lesnar and Axel simultaneously? Heyman was appearing with Lesnar and Punk at the same time on the same show while both were in different feuds during recent months, so I don't see why he can't do the same with Lesnar and Axel.
    I just get that feeling that they won't do the same sort of separation with Joe. Hopefully not but I imagine him following Paul around a lot, like a puppy. Let's see how they book it.

Yeah, I see Henning taking the place of Punk in Heyman's stable. He can work with both very easily... keeping them separated like he did with Lesnar and Punk.