Blog Entries

Randy O and the return of "The Punt"

Is it sad that the only two things I really enjoyed about the BIG SHOW vs Orton match (number 1342525 by now) is the ladder mis-splash by Show and the punt to the head at the end? Honestly is this the start to the long awaited heel turn by Orton? My memory is useless when it comes to Randy Orton trivia (who can blame me) but has he ever used the punt as a face? Time will tell...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

He used the punt on members of the "New Nexus" a couple times as a face. On Husky Harris (Bray Wyatt), McGillicutty, and Otunga if I remember correctly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that forgot all about that...I do also find it ironic that just over a year ago Orton was on Twitter talking about how it was "banned" due to concussion awareness (go figure I do remember that) and then he uses it on a PPV where our WHC Ziggler was absent due to a real life concussion....

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punk View Post
    He used the punt on members of the "New Nexus" a couple times as a face. On Husky Harris (Bray Wyatt), McGillicutty, and Otunga if I remember correctly.
    Yeah that is exactly right!!

Vinnie Mac: The fans only remember 3 seconds ago. What do they know?

I'm waiting for that heel turn. Last night when I saw that Punt Kick on show, I kind of feel that heel turn coming sooner than later.
    BEST IN THE WORLD!

The Best in the world... Is back.

I'm not sure if the punt is back for good, or if he just busted it out to be "extreme".

I'm disappointed, no one went on a foaming rant about the return of 'Da Attitudez Era.'

Blog Entries
    He's used the punt in the past while a face, against Nexus. I don't think it's a signal that he's turning heel.
    He just uses the punt on special occasions now, and Extreme Rules was an apt place for a 'banned' (keyfabe) move to be used.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

It's foreshadowing, he is going to single handed destroy The shield, now that he doesn't have to worry about been stabbed in the back.

And Edge will return and they'll reform Rated R.K.O, then Christian will return and team with Undertaker and Kane and beat Rated R.K.O and introduce a third Tag title belt, making WWE tag team division only have three man teams.

That's what I got out of it.