Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can't really comment yet as I have no idea where they'll go with it.

But it does make me worry a bit, as it seems like a major step down, for them to go from beating former world champions and getting a clean pin on Cena, to what exactly? facing the uso's and the Vanilla that is the mid card faces.

As I said i can't really comment, as I have no idea where they'll take it, but it isn't all roses just yet, I'll reserve true judgement for in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    I can't really comment yet as I have no idea where they'll go with it.

But it does make me worry a bit, as it seems like a major step down, for them to go from beating former world champions and getting a clean pin on Cena, to what exactly? facing the uso's and the Vanilla that is the mid card faces.

As I said i can't really comment, as I have no idea where they'll take it, but it isn't all roses just yet, I'll reserve true judgement for in a few weeks.
    Having titles is better then no titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Having titles is better then no titles.

So if Cena won the IC title that would be good for him?

Blog Entries
    I think it's a good move, if not for the Shield themselves, then certainly for the titles. At least now both the tag titles and us titles will be featured prominently and actually defended.
    Team Hell No had lost a lot of steam with the tag titles and the titles were merely a prop on their shoulders by the end (when was the last time they defended the titles before ER?).
    And Kofi Kinston wasn't doing anything for the US title.

At least now both titles are with a group that's been featured prominently and are having good mic time.

As for what it does to the group, I think it adds another dimension to them. The Shield have beaten pretty much every combination of top 3 faces that could possibly beat them in WWE. So the question was; what next for them? Adding these 2 titles will mean new competition (albeit lesser perhaps, but that doesn't matter), we could see the freebird rule used again with any 2 men from the group defending the tag titles, and perhaps any single member of the group defending the US title, which makes things interesting.

I think adding the titles to the group has just given the group another dimension and I look forward to seeing where WWE take it from here.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I believe as a 3 man team, They are a force to be reckoned with, but with Ambrose in Singles comp, I think he won't be as strong as we think going into matches. I feel this is a good opportunity to build good feuds over the mid card titles

Blog Entries
    I'll just post what I posted in the other thread on this subject:

I think it's a good move, if not for the Shield themselves, then certainly for the titles. At least now both the tag titles and us titles will be featured prominently and actually defended.
    Team Hell No had lost a lot of steam with the tag titles and the titles were merely a prop on their shoulders by the end (when was the last time they defended the titles before ER?).
    And Kofi Kinston wasn't doing anything for the US title.

At least now both titles are with a group that's been featured prominently and are having good mic time.

As for what it does to the group, I think it adds another dimension to them. The Shield have beaten pretty much every combination of top 3 faces that could possibly beat them in WWE. So the question was; what next for them? Adding these 2 titles will mean new competition (albeit lesser perhaps, but that doesn't matter), we could see the freebird rule used again with any 2 men from the group defending the tag titles, and perhaps any single member of the group defending the US title, which makes things interesting.

I think adding the titles to the group has just given the group another dimension and I look forward to seeing where WWE take it from here.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    So if Cena won the IC title that would be good for him?
    Yeah. He would win a title hes never won before.

Agreed with the general consensus - it's good for the belts and good for the members of The Shield. I also agree that booking will be key moving forward to keep the belts and The Shield feeling important.

Tag Belts: Tommy is spot on. Hell No didn't even have the belts with them most of the time, and its been months since they've mentioned being champions in a promo or seemingly took pride in their titles. The Titles mean something to Reigns and Rollins - and they will defend them accordingly. That said, there aren't many face Tag Teams who can realistically threaten the Shield. But who knows, maybe this will cause some fresh teams to surface - even if they are randomly thrown together duos.
    Random Obscure, Unlikely, and Wild Thoughts for Challengers: Air Boom. Ryder & Hawkins. Miz and former partner (Y2J, R-Truth, or JoMo), face Rhodes and DiBiase.

US Title: Ambrose is the man. He's already made the title feel more special just by having it. Hopefully rather than sending lower-card guys to challenge up - they let higher card guys challenge down. By that, I mean, I'd rather see guys like Sheamus and Y2J fighting Ambrose for a title that is 'beneath them' than guys like Kofi or Miz fighting for a title that 'we don't give a shit if they ever win again.'

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    The Shield to me were the only items truly interesting to me during the whole PPV last night...predicable of course but welcome.

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Great to see it tbh

I love watching Ambrose and Rollins back in the indies so this is great!!