Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Shield Win Some Belts

So, who said WWE doesn't listen to the fans? Clearly they know what they're doing here. Putting belts on The Shield makes good sense, good business sense that is! These guys are already very over and maybe they can bring something to the belts, who knows, but we should all discuss it here.

Every post means you love The Robstar. Go!

Blog Entries
    SHIELD! SHIELD! SHIELD! SHIELD! SHIELD! SHIELD!

I'm waiting for you to humble me, Rob.

But seriously, thank sweet merciful God that the belts are in the hands of the Shield. They're the dominant force in the 'E right now so hopefully, this means that the titles have some value to them which will make anyone who beats them for it important in my eyes.

Blog Entries
    Don't tempt me boy

I'm not sure if I can be completely positive about The Shield winning the gold.

The Shield has been pushed so hard that we won't be able to buy anyone as a threat to them.

The U.S. Title has been the new European/TV title, the third tier belt for the low level guys to fight over ever since TLC 2011 when Ryder won it. While Ambrose himself will be booked strongly as Champion, I worry that it's not really going to elevate the belt. Since the Shield works primarily against big stars, the belt will end up as a non-factor because everyone Ambrose will be working with will be "too good" for it. I feel like Ambrose will just hold onto the belt forever and do nothing with it. Then when WWE decides they want to randomly give a midcard face a push, Ambrose will lose the belt in a "fluke" and forget about it.

As for the tag belts, Reigns and Rollins have no competition unless you pair two more random directionless main eventers together, which does nothing for the tag division.

The Shield have been booked very strongly. But I feel that because they've been booked so strong, the belts are now stuck in limbo (the tag belts have in limbo for a long time, but now the U.S. belt is too). The only people who are threats to them are main eventers, and guys like Sheamus and Orton aren't gonna go after the U.S. Title any time soon.

It's possible that the Shield could save the midcard, but then if you do try to push any midcarders or tag teams as a threat the Shield, people might see it as a step down for the Shield and complain they're being "buried" by having to work with "lesser" talents.
    Last edited by TempestH; 05-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great move by WWE and their only smart title change of 2013 besides Ziggler. I wonder if this will keep the Shield busy enough or if they will also be in some WWE title match controversy. I want the titles to be the Shield's main focus for the summer so we can finally see them regain some value.
    Last edited by Kajmere; 05-19-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Fack The Robstar!

Anyways, putting all that gold on The Shield is the smartest move the WWE could have done at this moment. This guys are the force that are ruling the whole WWE, so it would be stupid to not give them the gold at this point.

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    I'm not sure if I can be completely positive about The Shield winning the gold.

The Shield has been pushed so hard that we won't be able to buy anyone as a threat to them.

The U.S. Title has been the new European/TV title, the third tier belt for the low level guys to fight over ever since TLC 2011 when Ryder won it. While Ambrose himself will be booked strongly as Champion, I worry that it's not really going to elevate the belt. Since the Shield works primarily against big stars, the belt will end up as a non-factor because everyone Ambrose will be working with will be "too good" for it. I feel like Ambrose will just hold onto the belt forever and do nothing with it. Then when WWE decides they want to randomly give a midcard face a push, Ambrose will lose the belt in a "fluke" and forget about it.

As for the tag belts, Reigns and Rollins have no competition unless you pair two more random directionless main eventers together, which does nothing for the tag division.

The Shield have been booked very strongly. But I feel that because they've been booked so strong, the belts are now stuck in limbo (the tag belts have in limbo for a long time, but now the U.S. belt is too). The only people who are threats to them are main eventers, and guys like Sheamus and Orton aren't gonna go after the U.S. Title any time soon.

It's possible that the Shield could save the midcard, but then if you do try to push any midcarders or tag teams as a threat the Shield, people might see it as a step down for the Shield and complain they're being "buried" by having to work with "lesser" talents.
    This could be a sign of things to come. they can build up stars to be legitimate. this crop of nxt stars are waiting to take over in a big and effective way. give it time.

Great move putting the titles on the guys- I just hope creative doesn't ruin it. This is WWE we are talking about

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

They will bring prestige to those tittle. It's about FUCKING time.
    BEST IN THE WORLD!

The Best in the world... Is back.

Tempest has a good point. No current team besides Hell No in kayfabe terms can hold a candle to The Shield. However, it does give them a chance to make some existing team look strong. A chance that, knowing WWE, they won't take. I remember when the Hardy Boyz were complete jobbers. They added Michael Hayes to the group, gave them a push, and that worked out fairly well. Take a current team that are good in the ring and give them a push to make a legitimate tag team division again.