Lack of faith or lack of logic?

We all know that on tonight's pay-per-view Extreme Rules will feature the hottest young commodity in the WWE compete for both the WWE Tag Team Championships and the WWE United States Championship. Yet a lot of people on here have stated that the Shield winning any of these titles will be beneath them. My question is how can we ever bring these titles back from the proverbial death without having big names hold them? The only bring back so called prestige to these titles is to have big names hold onto these titles and give them high profile feuds. Both of which the Shield would bring by holding those titles.

Now I get why people would be afraid of WWE dropping the ball with both of these things because it's in their history, see Nexus, Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, and the list goes on and on. However if the WWE has shown one thing recently with the Shield is that these guys aren't going anywhere soon and are one of their top priorities. I think by giving the Shield at least the tag team titles, we can see the titles in main event feuds and defended against former World Champions, which helps both the Shield and the titles.

In conclusion I can see why people would be apprehensive with the WWE putting those titles on the Shield, however how can we possibly expect those titles and those divisions to be elevated without giving top tier talent those titles?
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Back then you had guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Chris Jericho, all fighting for the Intercontinental title. Which makes me think we need to have more major stars fighting for the mid-card title, its not a demotion or anything, but it could help make the mid-card title more important.

Have guys who aren't doing anything in the main-event scene like Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, even Daniel Bryan, and Ryback (If he doesn't win the WWE title at Extreme Rules) have more feuds for the United States and Intercontinental title.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Back then you had guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Chris Jericho, all fighting for the Intercontinental title. Which makes me think we need to have more major stars fighting for the mid-card title, its not a demotion or anything, but it could help make the mid-card title more important.

Have guys who aren't doing anything in the main-event scene like Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, even Daniel Bryan, and Ryback (If he doesn't win the WWE title at Extreme Rules) have more feuds for the United States and Intercontinental title.
    My thoughts exactly with the Shield. Let the main eventers fight for these titles as well.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I actually predicted both matches a win for The Shield. My logic was that until they win titles they don't have the prestige. It's good (and more believable) that they haven't pushed Ambrose for the WWE title straight away so a decent run win the US title would be more like a Ziggler run with it than a Kofi run for Ambrose. (I'm not sure any of that makes sense!)

Divas to believe in.

I will answer the question on the tittle of this thread... Lack of logic.
    BEST IN THE WORLD!

The Best in the world... Is back.

Blog Entries
    Sadly the WWE will never be accused of having any Vulcans that work for them as they have so ably demonstrated in the past and present and promise to in the future to do whatever they want to do...are we finally getting away from the old "been there, done that" feuds leftover from WM?? Time will tell...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Sadly the WWE will never be accused of having any Vulcans that work for them as they have so ably demonstrated in the past and present and promise to in the future to do whatever they want to do...are we finally getting away from the old "been there, done that" feuds leftover from WM?? Time will tell...
    Del Rio's boring ass is still going to be in the main event leading into Payback so no, bad feuds from Mania will carry us well into MITB.

Looks like we will get to see if the championships will matter now that the shield have them!!