Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Cena & the problem with not listening

    First i am not a Cena fan nor do i want him to retire hes just ok. However i do have a problem with wwe not listening to fans. I have recently been watching all the wrestlmania back to back and i noticed probably for the first time that the fans began to get sick of Cena at wrestlmania 22 where he faced hhh who was a big villain at the time but he still got booed massively fast forward to wrestlmania 23 booed again now where in 2013 and he still gets the same reaction. If a wrestler get booed every now and again no need to worry or turn him heel but after 13 years listen to what the fans want and turn him heel. By not doing this wwe is devaluing heels n faces cause if the people your meant to cheer are getting booed then any heals are going come off as faces when fighting against him and it hurts the product overall.

  2. #2
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,771
    Blog Entries
    1
    They are listening to the fans. They are listening to the fans that are paying money to get Cena T-shirts, headbands, hats, wristbands, photos, books, DVDs, and whatever the hell else they've slapped that chiseled jaw on. Cena is selling more merch, and getting more money for WWE in his current role, than anyone else... why change that?


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    They are listening to the fans. They are listening to the fans that are paying money to get Cena T-shirts, headbands, hats, wristbands, photos, books, DVDs, and whatever the hell else they've slapped that chiseled jaw on. Cena is selling more merch, and getting more money for WWE in his current role, than anyone else... why change that?
    As much as I don't like cena, that is true. Why cater to people who don't pay/support the product? they rake in most of the dough from families/kids.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    They are listening to the fans. They are listening to the fans that are paying money to get Cena T-shirts, headbands, hats, wristbands, photos, books, DVDs, and whatever the hell else they've slapped that chiseled jaw on. Cena is selling more merch, and getting more money for WWE in his current role, than anyone else... why change that?
    I know that but let's face it people will buy whatever they think is popular or they just like it. But this is a wrestling company not a clothing company. merch shouldn't be a reason to not change a characters direction.

  5. #5
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,771
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bonez13 View Post
    I know that but let's face it people will buy whatever they think is popular or they just like it. But this is a wrestling company not a clothing company. merch shouldn't be a reason to not change a characters direction.
    Why not? It's what has let WWE survive and prosper so far
    Merchandise is a fair indication of how popular a superstar is, what you spend money on, by definition, you care more about than something you are not willing to spend money on. The issue here isn't Cena or even the WWE, it's that you are not the target Demo for John Cena's character and merch, (Hence why they stock more of his shirts in kids sizes) To put it simply, he's not there for you to cheer him, he's there for the kids to cheer him. (and the women to swoon, because he's one handsome bastard)

    It's like if I start whining that Phineas is just too upbeat, I mean, what the hell, it's like their writing for kids or something...

    Get the picture?


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,251
    The thing with Cena is a lot of kids look up to him so turning him heel is a massive mistake if it ever happens.

  7. #7
    It's because the WM crowds always do that.

    Like booing The Rock at WM18.

    Most Raw's he gets a good pop and when there are boos it's only the men that think it's cool to hate him.

  8. #8
    Cena will turn heel in about five years, when all the little pip-squeaks, turn into rebellious teenage spoilt brats.




  9. #9
    Am I missing something? Isn't the WWE far and away the most profitable wrestling company out there? And isn't John Cena the face of said company? This "problem" everyone keeps talking about doesn't exist. As long as he gets the biggest reaction, as long as the merch keeps selling, as long as hes making the day of every make a wish kid he meets, and as long as he keeps showing up to RAW every week we're going to get John Cena. The man has been running as the #1 guy as long, if not longer, than anybody who's ever had the spot. It may not be 1996-2002, but to think the WWE financials are all of sudden going to start falling off because of John Cena is insane. Until they start having WMs at hockey rinks or Warren Buffet decides he wants to go heads up against McMahon, its smooth sailing for USS Cena.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Am I missing something? Isn't the WWE far and away the most profitable wrestling company out there? And isn't John Cena the face of said company? This "problem" everyone keeps talking about doesn't exist. As long as he gets the biggest reaction, as long as the merch keeps selling, as long as hes making the day of every make a wish kid he meets, and as long as he keeps showing up to RAW every week we're going to get John Cena. The man has been running as the #1 guy as long, if not longer, than anybody who's ever had the spot. It may not be 1996-2002, but to think the WWE financials are all of sudden going to start falling off because of John Cena is insane. Until they start having WMs at hockey rinks or Warren Buffet decides he wants to go heads up against McMahon, its smooth sailing for USS Cena.
    So when Austin was the top guy I didn't hear any Austin sucks chants ppl saying he needed to get injured. All am saying is if a character no longer gets the response they want they shouldn't ignore it they should fix it. If they did this when rocky first started and ppl where chanting die Rocky die they would of just continued with him being a baby face and ignore the chants

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.