Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Cena "Solution"

There's a lot of talk about the WWE champion at the moment. As usual most people are fed up and calling for change. You guys complain that WWE isn't listening, that you'll stop watching, that Cena is stale, needs to turn heel, has been booed since 2002 yadda yadda yadda.

It's time for a change.

If you want change. If you want to see a new face of WWE and maybe a revitalised, better Cena then you must do the following:

1) Don't mention John Cena anywhere; no threads, no blogs. Stop discussing him online.
    2) Don't tweet the words "John" or "Cena" during Raw. WWE will make up what's trending to suit them but Twitter doesn't differentiate between "I love #Cena" and "F*** #Cena in his F***ing A******!"
    3) Go to live shows and cheer for your favourites, stay quiet when Cena comes out. Time and again people point out that JC gets the biggest reaction even if it is mixed; give his opponent the biggest reaction by not reacting to Cena.
    4) Actively avoid Cena. If he's on a magazine cover, collectors cup, front and centre on WWE2K14 don't buy it.
    5) Pay for any and every PPV that he doesn't headline. Cena's injured? Push PPV buys through the roof and...
    6) Watch Raw legitimately (not streamed/downloaded) and turn over when Cena's on. Got a Nielsen box or know someone who does? Make sure to change channel when Cena's music hits.
    7) Talk up alternatives. It's all well and good wanting to depose Cena as the face of WWE but without a legitimate replacement he's going nowhere. I don't mean a flavour of the month Zack Ryder/Cody Rhodes/Dolph Ziggler type but a genuinely talented, entertaining wrestler who can get over as a face with anyone. Daniel "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Bryan springs to mind.

Join me, #ChangeWWE, and pledge your support by standing in front of you computer, hand on heart and promise:
    "I swear to never again mention the man who is currently WWE champion until I am happy that change has come. I promise to buy PPVs when I can afford to, especially if 'he' isn't in the main event. I promise to show my support the the elements of WWE that I enjoy and together we will ​#ChangeWWE."

(This will be the last thread I contribute to where John Cena is the main topic of discussion, if you see me pop up in any other Cena thread feel free to call me names and stuff!)

Who's with me?!

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    I have already forgotten who you are talking about...

Follow me at:
    cmstanton.tumblr.com (The CS BS: Sports Edition)
    Twitter: @TheCSBS

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Who am I not supposed to watch?

I really don't know who you are talking about?

I need that box thing to make my not watching of him more effective?

I posted a fourm on here yesterday and I said many of your solutions, but there is one thing you have to realize. The WWE are not going to just cast aside Cena without having a suitable replacement for him or someone that is equal to him. Another thing is that there are many people that just like to bitch on the internet to the point where it makes them cum on their keyboards. Cena is already established and nothing will change that. He is still granting wishes for kids and is the face of the company that families and the media can trust so he isn't going out of the spotlight.

Now, the real solution is that there has to be someone else in the roster to be cheered and that children go nuts for. That person has to stay healthy, not be corny/ridiculous or be there just for comedy relief. A "trusted" face. What I mean by a "trusted" face is that most of the stuff that a wrestler did as a heel has to be put in the furthest reach of our minds. This is why many face turns don't work and can't be taken seriously. Then it depends on the gimmick as well. Look at how Kane is as a face and how less dominant he has been over the years. Tensai could have been a destructive heel and he has even BEAT CENA AND PUNK, but the older fans keep chanting "Albert" when he is in the ring. So what does WWE do? Make him a joke of a face with no chance of him making it to the top, becoming a top face and taking Cena's place. WWE would have made it work if everything would have been right.

Many people don't like most of the faces on the roster, so WWE has no suitable/believable replacement for Cena. Just look at the faces. Kofi, Santino, Ryder, Christian, Sheamus, Orton, Kane, Bryan, Kidd, Mysterio, Cara, Gabriel, Jericho, Cena, Tensai, Brodus, Alberto. Now out of those people that I just named, how many people are over with the fans at live events? How many have the trust of the fans and that are not piss breaks or "circus" acts for the kids in attendance? Sure there are certain heels that can't be taken seriously too like 3MB, but any heel or heel faction can become a destructive force if done correctly. People want Cena to go heel, but the main problem is that there is no serious face that can take him down. Then they just can't turn him face again if it didn't work because he would lose that "trust" from the kids. That wouldn't be good business...

Merchandice... Anyone selling close to Cena? Not just shirts. What about play title belts, wrist bands, hats, action figures. In a business you have to go with what works, and a good business plays it's strong points. CM Punk almost was the guy to replace Cena, but he went back to being a prick. All he had to do is keep his mouth shut. He was already at the top. But as a face, he would have to get rid of huge threats in a believable fashion. Punk beating a heel Big Show or a destructive Mark Henry without help or a special stipulation? Not a chance IMO.

So it's not all about tuning out or ignoring Cena because he's already established for the kids, the media, and the women just like the Rock, Hogan, Bret, HBK, and so on. The only reason it didn't happen for Austin is because of his enemy, Vince. Someone else has to be cheered, followed, requested for make a wish repeatedly, "trusted", be a good role model for kids, stay out of trouble, not have issues backstage, and not be a part timer that the older fans miss out of nostalgia. The funniest part is that it's up to the older fans to get behind someone that is believable and NOT to turn on them or to NOT complain about them. When all of this happens, then you will get change...

It would be so funny if every single person in the IWC saw this and did it.

Even if they did, i doubt it would work though, since IWC is most likely a small percent of people that watch WWE.

Blog Entries
    Being that Vince does the opposite of what the IWC wants, how bout we begin cheering John Cena?

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Even if they did, i doubt it would work though, since IWC is most likely a small percent of people that watch WWE.
    This is probably very true!

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by thetheme View Post
    I posted a fourm on here yesterday and I said many of your solutions, but there is one thing you have to realize. The WWE are not going to just cast aside Cena without having a suitable replacement for him or someone that is equal to him. Another thing is that there are many people that just like to bitch on the internet to the point where it makes them cum on their keyboards. Cena is already established and nothing will change that. He is still granting wishes for kids and is the face of the company that families and the media can trust so he isn't going out of the spotlight.

Now, the real solution is that there has to be someone else in the roster to be cheered and that children go nuts for. That person has to stay healthy, not be corny/ridiculous or be there just for comedy relief. A "trusted" face. What I mean by a "trusted" face is that most of the stuff that a wrestler did as a heel has to be put in the furthest reach of our minds. This is why many face turns don't work and can't be taken seriously. Then it depends on the gimmick as well. Look at how Kane is as a face and how less dominant he has been over the years. Tensai could have been a destructive heel and he has even BEAT CENA AND PUNK, but the older fans keep chanting "Albert" when he is in the ring. So what does WWE do? Make him a joke of a face with no chance of him making it to the top, becoming a top face and taking Cena's place. WWE would have made it work if everything would have been right.

Many people don't like most of the faces on the roster, so WWE has no suitable/believable replacement for Cena. Just look at the faces. Kofi, Santino, Ryder, Christian, Sheamus, Orton, Kane, Bryan, Kidd, Mysterio, Cara, Gabriel, Jericho, Cena, Tensai, Brodus, Alberto. Now out of those people that I just named, how many people are over with the fans at live events? How many have the trust of the fans and that are not piss breaks or "circus" acts for the kids in attendance? Sure there are certain heels that can't be taken seriously too like 3MB, but any heel or heel faction can become a destructive force if done correctly. People want Cena to go heel, but the main problem is that there is no serious face that can take him down. Then they just can't turn him face again if it didn't work because he would lose that "trust" from the kids. That wouldn't be good business...

Merchandice... Anyone selling close to Cena? Not just shirts. What about play title belts, wrist bands, hats, action figures. In a business you have to go with what works, and a good business plays it's strong points. CM Punk almost was the guy to replace Cena, but he went back to being a prick. All he had to do is keep his mouth shut. He was already at the top. But as a face, he would have to get rid of huge threats in a believable fashion. Punk beating a heel Big Show or a destructive Mark Henry without help or a special stipulation? Not a chance IMO.

So it's not all about tuning out or ignoring Cena because he's already established for the kids, the media, and the women just like the Rock, Hogan, Bret, HBK, and so on. The only reason it didn't happen for Austin is because of his enemy, Vince. Someone else has to be cheered, followed, requested for make a wish repeatedly, "trusted", be a good role model for kids, stay out of trouble, not have issues backstage, and not be a part timer that the older fans miss out of nostalgia. The funniest part is that it's up to the older fans to get behind someone that is believable and NOT to turn on them or to NOT complain about them. When all of this happens, then you will get change...
    My 7th point answers most of this and my 4th covers merchandise. What I am suggesting is that the IWC affect change in Cena's character and/or position in the company by abstaining from supporting Cena either by reacting (positively or negatively to his presence) or by buying things with his face on. If the IWC is big enough it will make a difference and at the very least will prevent the endless, boring Cena hate threads.
    If enough people stop showing interest in Cena then the kids will lose interest too, especially if other faces get better reactions. If the money moves off Cena so will Vince, then the kids and so will the media requests and the make a wish requests. Hence my suggestion that the IWC buys PPVs when Cena doesn't headline and only buys merch he's not featured on. Changing channel when he's on screen leads to lower ratings for that segment which leads to lower ad revenues and John Cena being less prominent.
    One may work without the others but backing another face(s), avoiding Cena on TV and not buying products where he's featured heavily would hit Vince in the pocket enough for his position in WWE to be changed.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    A noteworthy cause, but ultimately it's a futile attempt. It's like saying "hey let's stop shopping at Walmart and buying Starbucks so the small businesses can flourish". I commend your dedication but we all know Cena will retire atop the mountain.