Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big show's future

(DISCLAIMER: you don't have to watch the video to understand or take part in the thread, So don't moan that I'm posting it)
    So basically this thread is about Big show. Now I am always one to jump to the defense of wrestlers, however anyone claiming Big Show is nothing like he used to be, Gimmick wise and fitness wise is correct.

Big show used to be great, Up until his tag team with Kane ended I saw Big show as a special and important part of the WWE. But with guys like Roman Reigns here to be the big guy....do we need big show ? Personally I won't miss him, I miss having the kind of big guy he was before. But I just won't miss the current big show.

My question is what is next for the big show. See my video to see my opinions...which sadly I have to make apparent IS NOT a must. If you don't want to click it don't it's not needed to take part in the thread.....thanks guys
    <em>
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

well, the thing about Big Show is, he's a special attraction. If WWE gets rid of him, he'll go down to TNA and WWE doesn't want that. Sure, he underachieves for what he should or could be. But I feel he's always gotten a raw deal. I think a lot of credibility would go his way if he got one good WWE or WHC title run. I'd prefer WWE Title so he can be among the cream of the crop for a while.

He's marketable too. He gets a good reaction and could be either a face or a heel. He's charismatic and has good mic skills. I think a few wins over some credible opponents followed by a decent title reign would be a great way to solidify him and be a good exclamation point on his career. And he should probably do it as a face. Instead, he's been made out to be a monster but always just puts people over....over and over again.

I like Big Show. I always have. I don't care that he's not a great technician, as there really isn't many of them around. But he should be booked like the true monster he is, and be a destroyer. Not kneeling down and begging for his job. Not crying because he knocked AJ over. And certainly not wimping out from confrontations.

He should feud for either tag team or US title.

No longer main event material, never really was.

Blog Entries
    Big Show still has great value for WWE IMO. He's still an attraction, and as a heel he still has purpose for me, since his recent heel work (pre-WM that is) has been pretty good.
    As long as he's heel he can hang around and put over main event talent.
    As a face he's a big joke.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    The problem with the likes of Big Show, Khali, etc., is that the appeal of being a giant has gone. Gone are the days of the territorials where seeing Andre the Giant was a rarity and because of that, it was special and people stood in awe. Back then Giants were unusual and odd. In fact, they were freaks.

These days, because of TV exposure, it's like we take them for granted and the 'giant' thing no longer has any impact/relevance.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    The problem with the likes of Big Show, Khali, etc., is that the appeal of being a giant has gone. Gone are the days of the territorials where seeing Andre the Giant was a rarity and because of that, it was special and people stood in awe. Back then Giants were unusual and odd. In fact, they were freaks.

These days, because of TV exposure, it's like we take them for granted and the 'giant' thing no longer has any impact/relevance.
    Are you suggesting that Big Show is only still employed because of his size?

I'd say that Khali is still employed for his size and the Indian audience that he supposedly brings in (although I've seen some say that he doesn't actually bring in any Indian fans, and that he isn't even considered a celebrity in India (something which I think is bollocks)), but I think that Show still adds value as a performer, and isn't still employed because of his size.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Are you suggesting that Big Show is only still employed because of his size?

I'd say that Khali is still employed for his size and the Indian audience that he supposedly brings in (although I've seen some say that he doesn't actually bring in any Indian fans, and that he isn't even considered a celebrity in India (something which I think is bollocks)), but I think that Show still adds value as a performer, and isn't still employed because of his size.
    I'm not suggesting that at all.

For his size, Big Show is a great performer. Very agile and quick. But people don't see a giant performer who is good for his size anymore. They miss the fact that he is a giant and see something average (if Show was, say, 6'2" he'd be an average in ring performer at best with his move set).

#BennysTeddy

A 6'2" guy would not use his moveset. I have always liked Big Show and I hope he can stay healthy and give a few more years to the business.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick BoA View Post
    A 6'2" guy would not use his moveset. I have always liked Big Show and I hope he can stay healthy and give a few more years to the business.
    The point has completely passed you by, but OK.

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    I'm not suggesting that at all.

For his size, Big Show is a great performer. Very agile and quick. But people don't see a giant performer who is good for his size anymore. They miss the fact that he is a giant and see something average (if Show was, say, 6'2" he'd be an average in ring performer at best with his move set).
    Do they? This might be your take on Show these days, but I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion as a generalization.