Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Roode

Robert Roode

Bobby Roode just doesn't seem the same lately. He seems burnt out and just not into it. Does anyone else feel this way?

Fresh Member
    Because he is 37 and had a small shot with the Tna title a liile bit back. the wwe has turned him down a couple times, he's kind of in the same boat as storm or joe even aj...they were all thought, portrayed and told to be by Tna the new generation of stars the "future" of the biz but it's not looking well for them right now

Blog Entries
    NO..I feel like he's doing his job quite well...once all this A&8s is over we'll see the rise of Roode/Storm/Aeries/Magnus n others again...

I don't think A&8 is comin to an end anytime soon unfortunately. If hogan has the match at BFG I see Brooke turning which is gonna give a huge shot of life to A&8. I think we have minimum another year of A&8 maybe more. I miss the days of Roode, Styles, Joe. I'm a huge advocate of TNA homegrowns. There is a reason wwe let's those people go. There are rare exceptions like angle and hardy but that's about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwf1998 View Post
    Because he is 37 and had a small shot with the Tna title a liile bit back. the wwe has turned him down a couple times, he's kind of in the same boat as storm or joe even aj...they were all thought, portrayed and told to be by Tna the new generation of stars the "future" of the biz but it's not looking well for them right now
    Your saying he had a small shot, he is the longest reining champion in TNA history. He is the champ, was the biggest heel last year, and is now part of one of the coolest, most arrogant team in TNA, second best, next to Daniels and Kazarian. Joe is being totally ignored, AJ is doing a storyline that could be played out better, and Bobby Roode is doing the best of three, he is part of the TNA tag division, getting
    title shots every month two. Roode is doing great, just not as great as his title run which was pretty good, minus stupid Sting rivalry.

Well he has been a mainstay in TNA for a long time now he has been trying to get to the WWE and probably realises it is never going to happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Well he has been a mainstay in TNA for a long time now he has been trying to get to the WWE and probably realises it is never going to happen now.

You sure about that? Last thing I heard WWE were after Both Roode and Storm but both refused and stayed loyal to TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Body B View Post
    There is a reason wwe let's those people go.

I love statements like this. Even though WWE is the big player in wrestling, why is it that they're the standard? Just because they released someone or let them go means that wrestler is no good? If Bully Ray and Devon's contracts w/ TNA were up....you along with many others would be the first ones clammering for the Dudley Boys' return, preaching about them being perfect to revitalize the tag division, preaching Paul Heyman involvement, a CM Punk stable...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    You sure about that? Last thing I heard WWE were after Both Roode and Storm but both refused and stayed loyal to TNA.
    I agree with you. I questioned his statement about Roode trying to get to WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Body B View Post
    I don't think A&8 is comin to an end anytime soon unfortunately. If hogan has the match at BFG I see Brooke turning which is gonna give a huge shot of life to A&8. I think we have minimum another year of A&8 maybe more. I miss the days of Roode, Styles, Joe. I'm a huge advocate of TNA homegrowns. There is a reason wwe let's those people go. There are rare exceptions like angle and hardy but that's about it.
    I think I'm the only one who is loving TNA right now, the only thing they're doing wrong is the x-division IMO, Aces and Eights is one of my favorite angles ever, sure it was slow to take off, but now it's different every week and is using talent that we have not seen well utilized in the past.

I'm actually enjoying it a thousand times more than the shield.

Can I ask you what you class as home grown? These people that are in aces and eights may be 'WWE hand me downs', but they were not used in well in WWE.

Joe was a major star before he went to TNA, Styles was offered a WWE contract years ago, which involved skipping development but he refused.

Now i hear people moaning that Magnus may be getting a push, I'm confused as hell, do people just enjoy hating on TNA?