Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    TBH, I haven't enjoyed ANY 'cide match since he came back from TNA... except maybe his match against Claudio on HDNet, but that was just average.

BxB vs. Tozawa from this show is also getting some positive press and MOTYC votes.... if the tag matches are anything like the NYC and Philly shows, this could turn out to be one of the best events of the year so far!

But yeah, DGUSA really need to sort some shit out in regards to advertising their shows. I literally only came across those iPPVs by chance, and completely forgot about this show until it turned up on PWTorrents today.

Off-topic, but the next few months is gonna be absolutely SHITHOT for indy events yo, with some big tournaments heading our way too :
    Two ROH iPPVs on wrestlemania weekend
    More ROH DVDS (Socal Showdown II and Manhattan Mayhem IV look like great cards)
    Best of the Best X- it's BACK
    16 Carat Gold 2011
    King of Trios 2011
    Kurt Russellreuinion DVD, DDT4 etc
    Tournaments!!!!!!

Nothing better than seeing the cream of the indies going at it in multiple matches. BOTB is the one I'm looking forward to the most, as last year I really missed it! In fact, I never saw much CZW last year (about 3 shows) as following multiple Indy Feds show by show is hard fucking work!!! I'm hoping to see A.R Fox in this years BOTB as he kinda impressed me with his high flying at the great card that was KOD XI. But it looks like they're gonna be pushing for an Akuma win/final.

PWG
    Chikara
    RoH
    ICW
    CZW
    DGUSA
    EVOLVE
    IWA-MS (haven't followed since it restarted)

(any more?)

Edit: JAPW anniversary shows are always a hoot!

(plus)

NJPW
    NOAH
    Dragon Gate
    AJPW (minimal)

(following Puro is almost as hard as following Indy)

(and of course)
    Raw
    SD
    TNA

(the reasons I have Sky)

That is a he'll of a lot of Feds to follow, so I tend to just pick out the best looking shows from each of them. Otherwise, I'd never get anything done. Although, I will try to follow them all as much as possible.
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 03-14-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Just received a DGUSA newsletter email. Not sure how long it'll last but they're giving away a free match download. Jigsaw vs. Sami Callihan vs. Frightmare vs. AR Fox vs. Cheech vs. Rexx Reed from the unreleased "United: Philly" DVD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HFRRY7RI

And for anyone interested:

"We have an exclusive code for you. Put "Aries" in the special instructions when you order DGUSA or EVOLVE DVDs or gear and we'll give you a 10% refund. The best part is that you can combine the "Aries" code with our DVD 2 and 3 Pack Deals for even bigger savings (note: You will initially be charged full price, but will be given the refund shortly after you order).

This means that DGUSA DVD 3 Pack Deals are only $45, making it just $15 per title at www.DGUSA.tv. You can pick any DGUSA DVD titles in the DGUSA.tv Store as part of this offer.

EVOLVE has an even better deal as the "Aries" code makes the 2 Pack DVD Offer only $22.50 at www.EVOLVEwrestling.com. You can choose any two EVOLVE titles in the EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop as part of this offer.

You can also use the "Aries" code to save 10% on all DGUSA and EVOLVE shirts and gear!!!

Act fast, because the "Aries" code is only good until Monday at midnight EST. Simply enter "Aries" in the special instructions when you order and we'll give you the refund shortly after. Thank you!
    "
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Upcoming Indy iPPV schedule for y'all (mostly just posting this for my own benefit though.... memory like a seive)

May 20th - EVOLVE 8
    EVOLVE will hold the first annual Style Battle tournament on May 20th. The concept is simple. EVOLVE will take eight wrestlers, each representing a different style, and pit them against each other in a one night single elimination tournament. This will be a special event focused on determining the best style of wrestling and will not effect each wrestler's Record. The only win that matters is the man left standing at the end of the night. He will go down in history as the first Style Battle winner.

The participants:
    AR Fox (High-Flying)
    Austin Aries (Hybrid)
    Bobby Fish (Puroresu Jr. Heavyweight)
    Brodie Lee (Super Heavyweight)
    Jon Davis (Power)
    Rich Swann (Rich Swann Style)
    Sami Callihan (Hard-Hitting)
    Tony Nese (Standing Combat)
    May 21st - FIP: In Full Force 2011
    Already Signed:
    Demolition (3X Former WWE Tag Team Champions)
    Low Ki (WWE NXT Winner Kaval)
    Dark City Fight Club (FIP World Tag Team Champions)
    Manu (Former WWE Superstar)
    Tony Devito (ECW Original)
    "Roughhouse" Ralph Mosca
    Sami Callihan
    Christopher Francis Gray
    Blain Rage
    Bobby Fish
    AR Fox
    Caleb Konley
    "Harcore Giant" Ron Niemi
    "Champagne" Larry Dallas
    June 3rd - DGUSA: Fearless 2011
    Open The United Gate Title Match
    PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. YAMATO & Akira Tozawa
    + More
    June 5th - DGUSA: Enter the Dragon 2011 (Second Year Anniversary)
    Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
    YAMATO vs. PAC
    Elimination Match
    Blood Warriors (CIMA, Austin Aries & Brodie Lee) vs. Ronin (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann)
    + More
    June 26 - ROH: Best in the World 2011

Didn't want to make a new thread and I hear that AAW has a working relationship with DGUSA.

AAW is holding a FREE iPPV tonight. Order here

AAW Pro Wrestling presents Path Of Redemption.

AAW Tag Team Championship Match

Zero Gravity, Brett Gakiya & CJ Esparaza
    VS
    Juice Robinson & Kyle O'Reiley

AAW Heritage Championship Match

Shane Hollister
    VS
    Davey Richards

AAW Heavyweight Championship Match

Silas Young
    VS
    Raven

MsChif vs. fucking SCREECH? WHAT!?

Anyway, this looks worth watching, I'll prob give it a shot. Zero Gravity and Irish Airbourne are great tag teams, Jimmy Jacobs and Davey Richards are awesome, and Juice Robinson is an underrated indy worker.
    Last edited by Necroyeti; 05-12-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Oh, Bods, that event is "On Demand" for free, not live.

1. Zero Gravity vs. Juice & O'Reilly was pretty mediocre, mostly because Juice seemed totally out of place and sluggish compared to O'Reilly and Zero Gravity. You'd probably be best to skip this one, unless you've never seen a match by any of these guys before and want to check 'em out. (3/10)

2. Davey Richards vs. Shane Hollister. (starts at the 16 minute mark)
    Shane is still very green, but Davey carries him to a great match - because he's in control for like 80% of it. It's not really as super stiff or as reckless as most Davey matches are, (a good thing) but the gratituous FIGHTINGU~ SPIRITU~ no-selling is still there, from both guys. (bad thing)
    Last five minutes or so contains some excellent sequences though - It's definitely worth watching if you're into DR. (6/10)

3. Silas Young vs. Raven starts at around 36 minutes into the video. I didn't watch it because it doesn't interest me, but it looks like it takes place in a steel cage.

Ahh. Didn't read that part

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the 5-5-2011 "Dead Or Alive" 2011 show from Dragon Gate.... my god... 3+ hours of amazing, AMAZING performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    Just watched the 5-5-2011 "Dead Or Alive" 2011 show from Dragon Gate.... my god... 3+ hours of amazing, AMAZING performances.
    I noticed this on PWT today, card looks ridiculously good. (PAC vs. Doi!!!!) Need to make space on my hard drive for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    I noticed this on PWT today, card looks ridiculously good. (PAC vs. Doi!!!!) Need to make space on my hard drive for it.
    I definitely suggest it. It's a slow D/L though. (I got it from PWT as well.) Apparently the members there don't like a lot of Japanese stuff or Mexican stuff as well... WWE/WCW/ECW shit has a ton of people on its dick. (I got the "Monday Night Wars" DVDRip in less than 20 mins. --- 6 hours for DG: DOA 2011)

And like what was said earlier in the thread... 90% of people out there have no freaking clue what this company is or for that matter how damn good it is either. Its a shame. =(