Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    The fact that you people eat up anything creative shoves down your throat is pathetic. Yeah, I'm THAT guy who still lives in the Attitude Era...Fandango would be jobbing to Spike Dudley if he was around during the Attitude Era. And he is in no way "winning" any one over...the only times I can think of in the last 5 years where there has actually been a POP is for Punk at MITB vs. Cena, Lesnar returning, Dbry YES! in Miami, and Ziggler cashing in...Fandango is terrible, but I guess I'm just a "troll" who gets criticized for every post I make because there's a glass ceiling on this website and no one is allowed to break it...so I'll stop ranting #HEEL
    "This is the way you handle it. Its easy, its simple to digest because you people cant handle anything complicated. You people cant stomach anything interesting. We're all here in the circus to entertain YOU. And nobody has been able to obtain a modicum of success without you...until I showed up. Im successful not because of you. Im successful in spite of you"

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Being he cannot prove his worthiness as a dancer, they should prove him to be a dancing reject who is going through some sort of psychotic episode.

    Ah, another angle for Dr. Shelby?
    This would actually be great.




  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightEDGeSavior View Post
    The fact that you people eat up anything creative shoves down your throat is pathetic. Yeah, I'm THAT guy who still lives in the Attitude Era...Fandango would be jobbing to Spike Dudley if he was around during the Attitude Era. And he is in no way "winning" any one over...the only times I can think of in the last 5 years where there has actually been a POP is for Punk at MITB vs. Cena, Lesnar returning, Dbry YES! in Miami, and Ziggler cashing in...Fandango is terrible, but I guess I'm just a "troll" who gets criticized for every post I make because there's a glass ceiling on this website and no one is allowed to break it...so I'll stop ranting #HEEL
    1.) Golddust was at his highest during the Attitude Era

    2.) Mark Henry was Sexual Chocolate during the Attitude Era

    3.) Shawn Micheals was a metrosexual during the Attitude Era

    My point Fandango would've had a chance during the Attitude Era also and the Attitude Era wasn't even that good.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    1.) Golddust was at his highest during the Attitude Era

    2.) Mark Henry was Sexual Chocolate during the Attitude Era

    3.) Shawn Micheals was a metrosexual during the Attitude Era

    My point Fandango would've had a chance during the Attitude Era also and the Attitude Era wasn't even that good.
    Lol i hate those guys, there the same people that think Cena and Punk would be jobbing in that era. Also i notice most AE fan boys can't spell for shit and make no sense lmao. It's like the AE made them dumb shits.

  5. #15
    Senior Member scribblerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    443
    Blog Entries
    7
    What is interesting is when we go so long not seeing or enjoying anything "creative" from the WWE we "latch" on to anything that might be the slightest bit fresh and the tiniest bit "creative-ish" no matter how crazy or hated



    If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

    Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

  6. #16
    Normal Member Mr Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    208
    I really like the Fandango character I don't know why. Probally because his gimmick is so ridicoulous it's hilarious. Just everything he does from his entrance to his leaving of the ring I find him funny. I see his current ballroom gimmick the same as his dirty curty gimmick on NXT with the added ballroom stuff (both added together). I don't get why people like to bash his wrestling ability. It's decent, not bad. Fandango is one of the better things going on in the WWE right now and has got my interest and am looking forward to what is next.

  7. #17
    Normal Member HellDemon102094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    100
    Blog Entries
    1
    I hated Fandango when he did that get my name right thing for first month, but then when he and Jericho feuded before and after Mania, I thought he was great. Might not be best gimmick, but Curtis made it work, he gots crowds cheering or booing him week, maybe not every Raw, but one or two crowds ain't nothing to sniff at, he has had biggest reaction, since either Taker, or D-bry in the last year, Fandango cheer post-mania raw. Fandango and Jericho are putting on a show, this week on Raw they had best segment of the night, most people should like him for attacking Jericho, so that the dance off didn't happen. The dance off would have still been good, as long as it involved two interesting characters which it would have.
    Point being, Fandango has impressed.

  8. #18
    He's better than ryback.... atleast his promos and matches are good..

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    You want my opinion on Fandango? Alright. Here it is.

    I find Fandango to be the single most annoying character in the WWE right now. Now, I haven't seen any of Johnny Curtis' in-ring work but as Fandango, it's really not all that great. In fact, I'm being too kind here. It down right sucks. I mean, what does the guy do? A legsweep, that kick from the apron and the diving legdrop? And not only that, his mic skills are horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Seriously, is there any reason why he needs to talk like he's some kind of chain smoking asthmatic? Does it add to his character? Does it make him sound any better? For me, that's a big fat "NO". And as far as getting over goes, you're giving way too much credit to Fandango. His music is what got over. Not his character. That is the only thing that I can safely say, regarding Fandango, as a fact. So overall, I find Fandango to be irritating, boring and a down right flop. And no, that doesn't mean he's "doing his job" by being a good heel. I think he just flat out sucks.
    Respectfully, strongly disagree here.

    "His mic skills are horrendous. Absolutely horrendous": He was given the gimmick: Saddistic, overly sexual, girating ballroom dancer. How in the WORLD do you want him to sound? What you hear as a raspy smoker, is intended to sound like a weird, sultry maniac. I think he accomplishes that. Maybe you don't like his delivery, but the guy oozes confidence, and rarely seems remotely lost on the mic. He took a horrible gimmick (agreed there) and he grabbed it by the throat and committed 110%.

    "His music is what got over. Not his character." - That's almost like saying, Daniel Bryan pointing into the sky and yelling "Yes" got him over, not his perfomance leading up to Mania in Miami that had the crowd so invested in him. Fandango and Curtis supporters alike recognize the man was making the best of a laughable gimmick and went along with it at Mania and the following Raw in Jersey.

    "I find Fandango to be irritating, boring and a down right flop. And no, that doesn't mean he's "doing his job" by being a good heel. I think he just flat out sucks." - It's fair to find him annoying and boring, thats up to you. The man is not a flop. He's in a feud with Y2J that people seem invested in, he's got merchandise selling, and people singing his song, at the end of the day - the WWE couldn't ask for more from a ballroom dancer gimmick. His girations, scowls, the "Say My Names!", and his overall intensity and massive commitment to that gimmick are impressive. I just don't get how people don't appreciate what he's doing.


    "I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

  10. #20
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,666
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    Respectfully, strongly disagree here.

    "His mic skills are horrendous. Absolutely horrendous": He was given the gimmick: Saddistic, overly sexual, girating ballroom dancer. How in the WORLD do you want him to sound? What you hear as a raspy smoker, is intended to sound like a weird, sultry maniac. I think he accomplishes that. Maybe you don't like his delivery, but the guy oozes confidence, and rarely seems remotely lost on the mic. He took a horrible gimmick (agreed there) and he grabbed it by the throat and committed 110%.

    "His music is what got over. Not his character." - That's almost like saying, Daniel Bryan pointing into the sky and yelling "Yes" got him over, not his perfomance leading up to Mania in Miami that had the crowd so invested in him. Fandango and Curtis supporters alike recognize the man was making the best of a laughable gimmick and went along with it at Mania and the following Raw in Jersey.

    "I find Fandango to be irritating, boring and a down right flop. And no, that doesn't mean he's "doing his job" by being a good heel. I think he just flat out sucks." - It's fair to find him annoying and boring, thats up to you. The man is not a flop. He's in a feud with Y2J that people seem invested in, he's got merchandise selling, and people singing his song, at the end of the day - the WWE couldn't ask for more from a ballroom dancer gimmick. His girations, scowls, the "Say My Names!", and his overall intensity and massive commitment to that gimmick are impressive. I just don't get how people don't appreciate what he's doing.
    I'd write a rebuttal but I think my second post on the first page sums up my counter points pretty well.

    And on another note, when I look at wrestlers on TV, I know that unless I train my ass off, there's no way that I can get out of bed in the morning, step into a ring and compete like they do. Fandango is the first person I've seen that makes me think otherwise. I mean, raspy mic skills. A few fancy kicks? Bad dancing! Hell, I can do that! Sign me up!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.