Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fandango is winning people over FACT

Whenever I visit this website now, there is loads of news surrounding Fandango and a lot of blogs and forums based around him.

When he started in WWE, I would say 90% of the hardcore wrestling fans HATED him. Mainly because of his ''ridiculous gimmick'' and although I could understand where everyone was coming from, I felt bad for Fandango as no one gave him a chance. Personally, I loved his gimmick, because at the end of the day it was a gimmick and it was fresh. So many of the superstars in the WWE are bland because they either don't have a gimmick or their personal gimmick is flat and boring i.e. John Cena. So when Fandango came in, he was something different, which was great in my eyes. But no, because the gimmick was ''stupid'' he wasn't gonna work says all the 'experts' on this website.

Then, on the RAW after Wrestlemania, fandangoing begins. I mean I hate to brag (being British myself) but it was the British people in that crowd who started it off with fellow nations then carrying it on. But nationalites aside, it was something great as again, the humming of a superstars entrance theme hadn't been done before, which again made Fandango fresh and more relevant. This was then when I started to see some direction with the people on the website starting to like Fandango. It when from around 90% hating him, to around it being 50/50 on love/hate.

Recently, I think Fandango has become even more of a hit. His ballroom gimmick is great as it makes him arrogant. This arrogance is then used to be a classic heel, which is what he showed on the last edition of RAW. The whole Summer Rae fake injury ankle was a great work, as it was a classic heel thing for a Valet of a heel to do. (SIDE NOTE - if you haven't already, take a look at Summer on NXT, she's actually a pretty impressive wrestler and good on the mic.) Then the whole attack on Jericho was amazing, as he got classic boo's from the audience because he looked cowardly and sly, which are the classic characteristics of a heel. Then I come back on this website and virtually all the comments are now positive towards Fandango, meaning he's winning people over. Of course not everyone, but not every wrestler is going to win over everyone is he?

So to conclude, I really do think Fandango has what it takes. He has a gimmick, he has character, he has wrestling ability. I do think he will make a great heel and in time a possible even better face.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    You want my opinion on Fandango? Alright. Here it is.

I find Fandango to be the single most annoying character in the WWE right now. Now, I haven't seen any of Johnny Curtis' in-ring work but as Fandango, it's really not all that great. In fact, I'm being too kind here. It down right sucks. I mean, what does the guy do? A legsweep, that kick from the apron and the diving legdrop? And not only that, his mic skills are horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Seriously, is there any reason why he needs to talk like he's some kind of chain smoking asthmatic? Does it add to his character? Does it make him sound any better? For me, that's a big fat "NO". And as far as getting over goes, you're giving way too much credit to Fandango. His music is what got over. Not his character. That is the only thing that I can safely say, regarding Fandango, as a fact. So overall, I find Fandango to be irritating, boring and a down right flop. And no, that doesn't mean he's "doing his job" by being a good heel. I think he just flat out sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    You want my opinion on Fandango? Alright. Here it is.

I find Fandango to be the single most annoying character in the WWE right now. Now, I haven't seen any of Johnny Curtis' in-ring work but as Fandango, it's really not all that great. In fact, I'm being too kind here. It down right sucks. I mean, what does the guy do? A legsweep, that kick from the apron and the diving legdrop? And not only that, his mic skills are horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. Seriously, is there any reason why he needs to talk like he's some kind of chain smoking asthmatic? Does it add to his character? Does it make him sound any better? For me, that's a big fat "NO". And as far as getting over goes, you're giving way too much credit to Fandango. His music is what got over. Not his character. That is the only thing that I can safely say, regarding Fandango, as a fact. So overall, I find Fandango to be irritating, boring and a down right flop. And no, that doesn't mean he's "doing his job" by being a good heel. I think he just flat out sucks.

Little harsh? I never said he was an amazing wrestler or anything but he's certainly not bad. Like you said you haven't seen him wrestle as Johnny Curtis so do yourself a favour and have a look? Youtube is a good source. As Fandango, he hasn't had many proper matches that show his ability. His mic skills aren't horrendous. Mic skills are horrendous if they represent lack of character which then makes no reaction from the crowd. He ALWAYS gets a reaction and why? Because he's fresh and he has a gimmick and he has character. He's still not been around for long and not shown us what he's fully capable of so I think calling him a flop is harsh. Give the kid time and then come back to me, I actually see potential in this guy.

Blog Entries
    I'll let you in on something:

1. I don't count a few boos or cheers as getting a "reaction". I've yet to see him get a massive reaction from any crowd at any time EXCEPT from the post-WM crowd. So in my book, I don't see Fandango getting many people to care about him and I don't count the unnamed testimony of a few Internet using fans as proof of that nor guesstimated statistics.

2. The only reason why he got a reaction in the first place last night wasn't because of what he did but because of who he did it to. Think about it. It's the same thing with AJ Lee. I don't think that she would have gotten half of the reactions and praise she did if she was someone like Ted DiBiase's valet. She just got shoved in the middle of feuds and storylines with high profile superstars like John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Kane and CM Punk. She never really got a chance to get over on her own because she had to rely on others to do it. It's the exact same thing with Fandango. He gets in a feud with Chris Jericho out of nowhere without proving to anyone that he had the goods to get over on his own in a storyline or feud with less star power. I guarantee you that once Fandango's feud with Jericho is over and he doesn't get that kind of help again, he'll be an afterthought.

3. I don't give a damn what Curtis is capable of. I only care about what Fandango can do. Whenever anyone is brought up onto the main roster, what they do in the ring at that time is the only thing that matters to me because they'll only really innovate if they get repackaged. And besides, it's been more than three months with his character and that's enough time to show us what a wrestler will do in the ring so what I see from Fandango is all I get IMO which is why I don't look forward to his matches.

HUGE Fadango fan!!!!! I love the fact that he appears to be a terrible dancer too. Just adds to how over the top his character is. "shhhhhh I'm trying to create a masterpiece here." HILARIOUS!!

I'll defend the guy (not the character) a little. Curtis is capable of putting no a decent match. In both the original NXT show and the new version of the NXT show he has shown he can wrestle to a 'good' standard. Now he has been landed with a shit gimmick. Yes its good to have a new gimmick, but this one is pretty hard to be taken seriously with. I think he's done far better than he could of and is doing probably as well as he could with such bad material. His move set seems to be very restricted, but I doubt that's his doing.

So do I think Fandango is a waste of air time? Partially. But I think it could have been a lot worse. I'll save my judgement till after the end of the Jericho feud.

Blog Entries
    Being he cannot prove his worthiness as a dancer, they should prove him to be a dancing reject who is going through some sort of psychotic episode.

Ah, another angle for Dr. Shelby?

I really think Fandangleberry suck. He cant wrestle. With him in wwe we have to watch dance offs..

Blog Entries
    I'm in the middle. He's not horrendous, but he's not that great either. I'd rather see him than Kofi, Khali, Barrett, tons of funk, Orton, to name a few. No one on the roster could handle his gimmick as well as he does. However, his matches have not been that great.