Thread: More Gimmicks

More Gimmicks

With everyone enjoying people such as Fandango and Damien Sandow I was wondering....do we need more gimmicks in wrestling, Maybe not quite back to the days of Doink the clown and Slaughter but.....Maybe more personality will help guys gets over....check out my video below for my thoughts....I have some examples too....but what are your thoughts. Should there be more gimmicks ? what should they be....who should have them?

I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    i don't press spam.
    dude, I get it you don't like my videos....you might notice the video isn't essential to take part in the thread...don't click it that's your choice doesn't bother me....but I get a good amount of views on the videos I post here. That shows some people do watch it. Also I guess me and you have different opinions on the definition of spam.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    As far as people enjoying Fandango goes, I'm not one of those people but that's another subject for another thread.

But I do think that there should be some more gimmicks in the WWE, especially in the lifeless, stale midcard. There are too many Tyson Kidd's and Justin Gabriel's running around. Those are guys with no character and very little to invest into outside of their ring work. They get boring pretty fast and I find it hard to rally behind these guys when it comes to getting championship opportunities because I feel like they haven't done enough for me to see why they should be carrying a strap.

I always thought the problem with gimmicks was that wwe requires wrestlers to come up with their own. Most of these guys are incredible athletes but not necessarily creative in that aspect. I always thought creative should be the ones comming up with characters and then developmental stars could audition for them kinda like an acting roll. I love gimmicks though. It's just such a part of wrestling history. Especially the outrageous ones. More gimmicks for sure!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Body B View Post
    I always thought the problem with gimmicks was that wwe requires wrestlers to come up with their own. Most of these guys are incredible athletes but not necessarily creative in that aspect. I always thought creative should be the ones comming up with characters and then developmental stars could audition for them kinda like an acting roll. I love gimmicks though. It's just such a part of wrestling history. Especially the outrageous ones. More gimmicks for sure!!!
    Actually the WWF assigned gimmicks to it's wrestlers. One example is The Ringmaster who then forged his own gimmick into Stone Cold. Sometime they based gimmicks around a wrestlers hobby such as Bob Holly who enter as Spark plug Holly. I'm sure Fandango was the WWE's creation.

As far as gimmicks go, yes, some are fine as long as we don't have ridiculous ones like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    As far as people enjoying Fandango goes, I'm not one of those people but that's another subject for another thread.

But I do think that there should be some more gimmicks in the WWE, especially in the lifeless, stale midcard. There are too many Tyson Kidd's and Justin Gabriel's running around. Those are guys with no character and very little to invest into outside of their ring work. They get boring pretty fast and I find it hard to rally behind these guys when it comes to getting championship opportunities because I feel like they haven't done enough for me to see why they should be carrying a strap.
    Thats true. Daniel Bryan WAS in that category when he first came to the WWE but now he has a big following and tons of charisma.

i do enjoy the gimmicks and when done right they can make someone a star but then they can also be really bad some of the ones at the moment are quite bad like brodus clay i tried to give that gimmick a chance but it makes me feel im too old to be watching wrestling lol. i have been thinking about gimmicks a bit lately because some of the roster need that extra something. one i would like to see is onnce the shield is over i would have riegns take time of like 6months to a year and come up with some sort of masked monster/demon gimmick i think he could pull that gimmick off really well and dominate. oh i have said this before ted dibiase should have a very similar gimmick to his old man it just makes sense to me that he would be like his old man

Blog Entries
    Dibiase should get rich gimmick, like his father, but also have two ladies in classy dresses accompany him to ring every time.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a new superhero gimmick, not Hurricane(even though he was awesome), but a new guy.
    Tyson Kidd should get a pure submission gimmick, mostly win with Sharpshooter, I would have him start by beating guys like Kofi, or Cesaro.
    Gabriel should stay the same, he actually has some charisma, but I can't remember them giving him any promo time since a little bit during the Nexus.
    Morrison should come back, and form team with Miz, or if Morrison doesn't come back, Miz go back to 2010-2011 gimmick.
    Kofi will stay where he is for rest of career, he won't go down much, but he won't go up either. If a heel turn happens, he'll rise to a possible world title reign, and then fall back down to midcard life.
    Drew McIntyre can be revived to everyone's amazement, he is damaged, but can possibly recover. It would have to be a slow 2-3 year process, of having him leaving 3MB, and winning match by match, by beating people like Slater, and Santino, and then moving up to Kofi, and Cody Rhodes, and then moving up to Cesaro and Barrett, and then to Randy Orton, and Sheamus. He can slowly move up rankings, and then reach destiny of chosen one, and become champion of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    As far as gimmicks go, yes, some are fine as long as we don't have ridiculous ones like this one:
    Mantaur babayyy!!

Just as bad as the Shockmaster haha