Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    If it wasn't a Spike TV rep saying it, I might be inclined to think the same thing.
    I think if Spike TV has taken exception, Hemme might have felt obligated to get on board to placate them.

Would have been funny to see Bruce Buffer tea bagged when he called out the wrong winner at the last UFC event.

Quote Originally Posted by shortncurly View Post
    This really should not even be an issue. We see wrestlers do this to other men on almost a weekly basis, but because its Hemme its sexual harassment. If Hemme would stop botching her only job, announcing, this wouldn't have happened.

Also it is very hard to believe that a woman that posed nude in Playboy and uses a finisher called the "Fire Crotch" can be so upset about this. This is a woman that has spent her career objectifying herself so she gets zero sympathy from me.
    Really?! let someone thrust their dick in your face and see how you would react. she has the right to do what ever she wants with her body and the right to not have anyone touch her or do anything obscene to her. hands off policy. would you grab at women just because they have a short skirt on too?

chavos tweet sums up my opinion about it, obviously he did not mean any real harm and christy was not overly offended by it just shocked in the moment.

When I watched it, Hemme seemed amused with it. You could clearly hear the laughter. This is just some ploy to start an angle.

Cheers,
    MB

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunkie View Post
    Really?! let someone thrust their dick in your face and see how you would react. she has the right to do what ever she wants with her body and the right to not have anyone touch her or do anything obscene to her. hands off policy. would you grab at women just because they have a short skirt on too?
    I guess you've never seen a D-Generation X match, or Rhett Titus. I can recall seeing guys do similar things to male referees and ring announcers countless times. Also he didn't touch her at all, in fact he didn't even thrust.

Side Note: When someone backs you into a corner in the ring and climbs to the second rope, duck and you're free.

Oh, the ever so loving double standard. It really wasn't that bad. If it had been a female putting her boobs in front of male, it wouldn't even be an issue.
    Although, I understand how Hemme could be upset, she really needs to take into consideration of how much worse a heel character could be. Even a ton of fans have gone through worse than this. If this really offended her, she should move on to something else, and let a chick with an old school wrestling mentality work. I'm sure ODB, Gail Kim, or Lillian Garcia would have sold it, and talked out the situation backstage instead of bitching on twitter. Hell, even Lauren Brooke or Brooke Hogan would have sold the whole thing.

Chavo claims everything was cool and Mark Madden is simply starting shit as usual, but the whole Spyke TV rep just makes it a big deal. It's a damn shame that heels have come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by shortncurly View Post
    I guess you've never seen a D-Generation X match, or Rhett Titus. I can recall seeing guys do similar things to male referees and ring announcers countless times. Also he didn't touch her at all, in fact he didn't even thrust.

Side Note: When someone backs you into a corner in the ring and climbs to the second rope, duck and you're free.
    My deal about it is that he didnt get her approval to do it so it should not have been done. just because he messed up his entrance? give a snide remark or something. it wasnt clever. i know aries can do better than that. little respect lost for not being creative.

I think Hemme should be allowed to shove her crotch in his face. It's only fair.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

When I saw it happen I thought it was a bit over the line and Hemme's tweet of "Unacceptable" I thought would be the end of it. Obviously she's more pissed off than was obvious on TV. She did smile and laugh it off but she was also clearly not impressed and just keeping up appearances.
    What some people have already mentioned is that it all boils down to permission, consent and context. None of us know their relationship backstage and that's something that would play into how Hemme feels. If they're flirty best buddies backstage then Aries may have thought it was ok, if they never talk then he might just be an arrogant dick out of character as well as in. I agree he could have made his point many other ways but who knows?

If ‚Äčit's a work, which I doubt it is, then good on TNA for addressing such a thorny issue. You can tell just by some of the responses here that understanding what sexual harassment is could be better and Hemme can be shown as a role model for speaking up. Sadly I think the truth is more likely that he, caught up in the buzz of performing, character and arrogance, crossed a line that she, minding her own business, having made a small mistake, finds unacceptable. These days she has every right to complain and Aries would be up shit creek wherever he worked.

Should he be fired? I dunno but he'll be lucky if he isn't.

Divas to believe in.