Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Angry NXT: Why bother?

When Kaval asked for his release, like every other fan I wondered why? Why they buried him. Apparently the rumour is they wanted Alex Riley to be the break out star and so buried Kaval to make him seem no where near Riley's calibre. But my question is what's the point then of doing a fan vote if you don't intend to listen to your audience? This has happened before, in 2004 with the first Diva search with that ex-playboy model they pushed right until the end, however, it was Christy who ultimately won. I don't know if its just me but its bad enough that WWE contradict the purpose of NXT, not just from the point of view of it doesn't matter who wins, the WWE will push who they wanted to push anyway, but the fact that they add the losing members of each season to the rosters so soon, which seems to defy the purpose of competing for NXT altogether.

I agree with you, WWE should not have fan voting, if they don't intend to listen to the fans. But, they don't add losing members to the main roster so soon, with the exception of Nexus, only Riley, Henig and Harris were added. No one else from NXT is on the main roster, all got pushed back to FCW.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I know what you mean, but even then why bring those guys up so fast because in a sense doesn't that defeat the purpose of what NXT is for? I mean I understand bringing up multiple guys, and Nexus worked at first but what annoyed me there were that they just didn't bring up the guys who were good workers and could wrestle, they brought back the guys like Young, Tarver, Shefield and Slater, although I know it's simply my opinion these guys can't wrestle well enough to be on the main roster, I can accept as a group they come up, but with season 2, although you have Riley, Hening and Harris up either to be part of Nexus or as the Miz's lapdog, its taking liberties with the purpose of NXT, as only one man is suppose to get a WWE contract. It just cheapens the concept of the show. If they wanted to do that then say that the GM of each show at the end can choose the a rookie or two each they liked. It might just be me :S

I toatally agree. Very good observation. I like NXT in the sense that it gives new talent a chance to be in the spotlight - kind of a "test run" as a real Superstar, but the whole fan participation part was just for show. I don't know if the guys in charge was surprised at the popularity of Kaval, or if they just hadn't thoght the fan voting concept through. But at least they didn't bring the voting back in season 3 and 4, so they have probably learned from it.
    Also one thing I have noticed on the last two seasons is that they dropped the rankings system - probably to minimize the skepticism of who they pick as the winner.

Oh and I have to mention the fact that you didnt mention Otunga amongst the guys that weren't ready for the main roster. I can find something cool, interesting or even great about almost every other wrestler in the WWE except Otunga.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Bomb, I no what you mean with Otunga, but I he doesn't have the skills yet for the main event, but from a booking point of view you could hide his weaknesses but not having him compete that often. He's got a good mouth and good look, he's a good enforcer and talker, and if they'd stop pushing who is girlfriend is in everyone's face they could work with him a bit better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesstrange View Post
    Hey Bomb, I no what you mean with Otunga, but I he doesn't have the skills yet for the main event, but from a booking point of view you could hide his weaknesses but not having him compete that often. He's got a good mouth and good look, he's a good enforcer and talker, and if they'd stop pushing who is girlfriend is in everyone's face they could work with him a bit better I think.
    I see your point, and agree with the look. I also see some glint of potential sometimes, but other than that I just don't get it. And I'm not sure I agree with him being that good of a talker. He sounds good, but also waaay studied, like he was auditioning for a bit part on a day time soap.
    But youre right that they definately should downplay the girlfriend factor, I mean, who cares? I know I dont. But i honestly hope for the guy that he finds his niche in the WWE.
    Hmmm... I guess you're post made me see a little something redeeming about Otunga after all. Thanks I guess!!!

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    this is WWE! *vince kicks the all of the fans out to a hole like in 300*

Blog Entries
    NXT is just a stupid show that should end. Tough Enough is much better. In NXT, they have stupid segments that don't have anything to do wrestling, with half the time, the winner being a disappointment. They said that the eliminated contestants will return, and join the WWE roster, but we have barely seen any of them.

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    NXT is just a stupid show that should end. Tough Enough is much better. In NXT, they have stupid segments that don't have anything to do wrestling, with half the time, the winner being a disappointment. They said that the eliminated contestants will return, and join the WWE roster, but we have barely seen any of them.
    i would only love to see aj naomi or jamie keyes back
    jamie had her ass kissed goodbye and not by me unfortunently...
    so aj and naomi plz go on board...

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    this is totally relevant to this:

With season five of WWE NXT currently going on, it's important to note that season three winner Kaitlyn is barely featured on TV and still hasn't received her Divas Title shot that she was guaranteed after winning the show. Also, season four winner Johnny Curtis still hasn't been brought to the main roster or received his tag team title shot with Pro R-Truth.
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!