Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    Cause Sheamus worked oh so well for like 5 minutes.I'll give you Brock, but not Sheamus.
    I agree with the Brock and Sheamus argument. Why would you not grant him Sheamus? You said WWE would never push someone that quick, but they did that for Sheamus. You say it worked for "5 minutes"?

How about not one, but two decent WWE title runs in a matter of months? Cena was losing, young talent was being pushed, and a breath of fresh air was blown into the company. Sheamus was awesome as a heel, and is now awesome as a face. Why you wouldn't grant Sheamus as a legitimate example makes no sense.

Blog Entries
    I say it's pretty obvious they are going to go after the WWE Title sooner or later. However, I don't see them winning it cause let's be honest WWE will never let a bunch of rookies come in and win the most prestige title in the WWE (ex. Wade Barrett).
    Cause Sheamus worked oh so well for like 5 minutes.

I'll give you Brock, but not Sheamus.
    With all due respect bro, you didn't say that they had to work well. You just said that WWE never lets rookies win the WWE Title, and he came up with Sheamus. I don't think he said he was good or not. To be fair, I am nitpicking, just wanted to point that out lol.

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Not a bad thought at all but I would like to see them win the tag titles and US title respectively first and see how that goes...looks like what we are being pushed towards at ER with what is happening as of late but who knows really? Guess we will find out this week one way or another? It makes sense now Cesaro losing to Kofi and how many of us knew Kingston was a transitional champion as always?
    This is an excellent idea of seeing things through with the Shield. The WWE should not rush the careers of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns because they characters will be stale quickly. They should indeed get a WWE title shot this year in a fatal four way against John Cena, which ultimately leads to their break up. This will lead them to there own roads and built careers out of there single careers. If the WWE had a an awesome idea for this group it should be a be a free for all for the WWE tag team championship and the U.S Championship. Since Dean Ambrose did indeed pick up a win against Kofi Kingston on last week's Monday Night Raw, he is now eligible for a title match and that can indeed happen this Sunday at Extreme Rules.

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Blog Entries
    I don't see The Shield going after the WWE Title till they split up to be honest. I think that they'll lose one match, and Rollins will cost them that match. They are pissed at him, but they stay together. Rollins then loses the team another match, and Reigns/Ambrose put him on the shelf.

Rollins would arrive back from injury a couple of months later, to take on both men, perhaps with someone like D.Bryan at his side?

Chris Diamond
    IWA Endurance Champion
    3/12/13-

Antonio Rizzo
    Chaos Roster member

Head of IWA Chaos

Wade Barrett
    Former Member of the United Kingdom stable

Daniel Bryan
    ????
    ????

Conterpoint: Alberto Del Rio. Not technically a rookie but he was on the WWE roster one hot minute.

I can see the Shield winning the Tag Belts, and everybody in the Shield destroy Kofi badly in the us title match, but having kofi retain as a result of a DQ, then interfering in the Cena-Ryback match. To setup at the next PPV, a interesting match where it would be a 6 man tag between Cena, Ryback, and Kofi vs The Shield WITH Cena's WWE Title on the line, if somebody from The Shield were to get the pin, they would win the title REGARDLESS if it is Cena and if somebody other than Cena would get the pin for his team, then they would become the #1 contender.

Could Ryback get along with Cena long enough so that he might get another shot? Will The Shield be able to stay together, when only one of them can win the title? Will Cena lose his title even if he isn't involved? To me this would be a very interesting scenerio.

BTW, (spoiler from Raw)

WTF was that ending in the 6 man tag, are you kidding me? The Shield have a 3 on 1 advantage vs Cena and look weak as hell by losing like that. Damn, they should have just had Ryback come out and attack Cena, when it was 3 on 1, forcing The Shield to be DQed, this would make The Shield still look strong. Then, after Ryback's attack, Shield attack Ryback for costing them the match and their undefeated record.
    Prediction Results
    2011 Overall PPV Contest: 3rd

Agreed on the ending it was a farce just because it was Cena, if it was anyone else but him the ending would have been the way you said. Not a hater of Cena but it pisses me off when they have a momentum machine like The Sheild and kill it's buzz because of the Golden Goose Egg.

I see Ambrose winning the US title at Extreme Rules while R&R (Reigns/Rollins) pick up the tag titles.

Predictability Galore,
    MB

After these past several weeks, it would appear that the WWE "presently" sees Ambrose as the stand-out singles star of the Shield. I have been a fan of his unorthodox in-ring style since his FCW days. He's fantastic on the mic and really has that heel psychology down to a science. It's almost Jake Roberts-like. To me, Ambrose is the modern day version of Roddy Piper, only with a Jake Roberts demeanor. I would put Seth Rollins next on the list with Roman Reigns at a distant 3rd. Sure Reigns has the look and heritage to go far in this business, but his "believe in the shield" and barbaric yalp do absolutely nothing for me. Matter of fact, that roar he does makes me think of overly loud douche bags at the gym during their squats.

I highly doubt The Shield does anything or has anything to do with the WWE Title match. The WWE is going out of their way to make Ryback a monster heel and really having Shield members focus on Kane & DB.