Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 181

Thread: Face/Heel Turns

  1. #141
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    The WWE is always heel heavy, but since Ryback has turned heel, the only big guys who are currently faces are Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Kane. (Tons of Funk do NOT count, nor does the Awful Khali)

    Ryback, Henry, Big Show, Sandow, Barrett, Cesaro, Reigns, and Langston (McIntyre doesn't count for the same reason Brodus and Tensai don't count).

    Add to that the fact that Orton probably needs to turn heel to face Cena at Summer Slam (because the promotion needs a big name matchup between two totally over full time stars for the second biggest PPV of the year).

    I mentioned in another post that I see Wade Barrett as a more natural face. He has a sense of humor and his background as a bareknuckle fighter is really easy for the crowd to get behind and have respect for. He's not a coward or a cheater, he's a tough guy with the heard of a British Lion. That's a really easy angle to sell and he really hasn't done a lot of bad things to earn heat.

    On the other hand, Big E Langston is a heel in WWE but he's a face in NXT (because he's billed from Tampa, FL) though he's basically RyBlack and I think he would have a hard time getting over as a new version of a guy that is about to be buried by John Cena.

    Big Show has spent more time in his career as a face, and he's really a more natural face because everyone knows he's a great guy in real life, but he's 40 and continuing to use him just holds back younger talent. Also the big man can only take so much more before his body breaks down. I want to see Big Show as a big, intimidating GM who enforces his rulings with a KO Punch whenever his authority is questioned. Beating Booker T in a match with the GM title on the line would be a pretty cool way to do that, since there has been a lot of storyline friction between the two of them.

    Mark Henry is also old and he should never have been brought back after his contract expired following Wrestlemania, having Ryback lose to him and then giving him more time in the spotlight with so many better heel options was an awful decision. He's alright at playing his character, but in the ring he's worse than anyone on the roster except Khali.

    Antonio Cesaro is probably the most talented guy in this group except Orton but he really wouldn't feel natural as a face. His recent backstage attack on Kingston was great and they need to run with it. I think he has what it takes to be a Super Heel on the level of the Iron Sheik. They just need to let him go and have him be evil as hell in and out of the ring. That's the kind of vicious over the top heel that WWE desperately needs and I wouldn't screw that up with a face turn. Similarly I can't see how you turn Damien Sandow's Nick Bockwinkel gimmick into anything but a classic heel persona.

    To wrap it up, the Shield should stay together as a great heel team until after Wrestlemania 30 so Roman Reigns will remain a heel and a Yo-Yo face turn for Ryback will be even more damaging to him than his booking over the last 8 months.

    So who would you pick to represent the faces in terms of physical might?
    All I know is Hooray for your Avatar! I grew up watching World Class.




  2. #142
    my opinion is Big Show. He is a great ambassador for the WWE and a natural face. Mark Henry and Ryback need to stay heels. Mark Henry is doing an awesome job right now as a heel, IMO. "Doin what he do"

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    For me it will be Big E Langston as I believe he is the Kaitlyn's secret lover, and will probably be protect her from AJ very soon.
    Wow, good prediction.



  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    326
    Blog Entries
    1
    EZ--returning Punk.
    --Stately

    visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm


  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by tupelojoe81 View Post
    my opinion is Big Show. He is a great ambassador for the WWE and a natural face. Mark Henry and Ryback need to stay heels. Mark Henry is doing an awesome job right now as a heel, IMO. "Doin what he do"
    Big Show is the most logical one because of his sponsors. I agree that he has a lot of face inside of him and it would be great for him to represent WWE when other superstar are not good for the position. Mark Henry is an excellent heel and can be monumental if Ryback turns face again.


    " The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

    Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS



    .

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    All I know is Hooray for your Avatar! I grew up watching World Class.
    Finally someone recognized Fritz.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by tupelojoe81 View Post
    my opinion is Big Show. He is a great ambassador for the WWE and a natural face. Mark Henry and Ryback need to stay heels. Mark Henry is doing an awesome job right now as a heel, IMO. "Doin what he do"
    I disagree, absolutely cant stand big show as a face
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

  8. #148

    Possible heel and face turns

    So apart from The obvious Randy Orton and Mark Henry, Who do you think could benefit from a turn. Now this is going away from obvious ones such as Orton or Big show. Personally I feel the wwe has been shaken up quite a bit the last month. So maybe major changes aren't needed, but maybe some major shake ups will add more even more to the show.

    Check out my video here to hear some of my possible heel face turns.....what are your ideas ?

    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

  9. #149
    Without having watched you vid (sorry) I'd say:

    The Miz - I'm bored of him as a face when I was always a fan of him as a heel.
    The Champ - just to watch the kids and the internet explode!
    Zack Ryder - Needs a new gimmick and a heel turn but a heel turn would be a start.
    Wade Barrett - I'm sure, in fact I'm certain, he could have a good face run vs Cesaro/Ziggler/Swagger and others.
    Daniel Bryan - 4th man in, and mastermind behind, The Shield. Just imagine it!

    I'll stop there I think I could justify a turn for everyone on the roster!


    Divas to believe in.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Without having watched you vid (sorry) I'd say:

    The Miz - I'm bored of him as a face when I was always a fan of him as a heel.
    The Champ - just to watch the kids and the internet explode!
    Zack Ryder - Needs a new gimmick and a heel turn but a heel turn would be a start.
    Wade Barrett - I'm sure, in fact I'm certain, he could have a good face run vs Cesaro/Ziggler/Swagger and others.
    Daniel Bryan - 4th man in, and mastermind behind, The Shield. Just imagine it!

    I'll stop there I think I could justify a turn for everyone on the roster!
    It's fine man you don't need to just there for people who want to watch it. I'd agree with them, Personally I want to keep Bryan as a face longer same with Miz, Sadly cena won't happen....but the rest are needed
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.