Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    I thought the same thing, until I realized that that's the point they're trying to make. Him and Joseph are the same person, and they aren't trying to insult our intelligence. I remember Joseph's match when he went under the ring and Abyss came out... Some other random dude was dressed as Abyss.
    The entire thing is bizarre, but I hope we get a really good execution about his insanity. They should keep him sloppy while others question it, and at the same time make Joseph more impressive than him. This gets Joseph over more.
    I'd be happy if one of the explanations is that Chris has multiple personalities, and he now hates being Abyss. A big question for me is... Park, Park & Park? Who's the third?!?
    Johnny Park. The baby of the bunch. We saw him last night, all he wanted was a hug.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I haven't seen the full show yet, but I saw the headline of the thread so I thought may as well check it out.

Shocking, just shocking, so many errors in such a small period of time.

It would be really funny if it was Joseph Parks dressed up as Abyss doing all that. (I know they're the same but storyline wise).

But it is probably trying to get back into character. I'm sure he'll be better in a few more matches.

I think it damn good that they finally brought Abyss back especially if that means the Joseph Park angle is going to finish soon since all it was awful. And i'll rule the sloppy return down to ring rust as a monster and im not covering for him at all means but he has been playing that character for 1 year now and i give it hopefully 2-4 weeks and he's back to his old self again.

Blog Entries
    Some of these posts are funny. He did look like shit out there, although no one ever considered him to be an in-ring technician.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJPPRxX View Post
    I think it damn good that they finally brought Abyss back especially if that means the Joseph Park angle is going to finish soon since all it was awful. And i'll rule the sloppy return down to ring rust as a monster and im not covering for him at all means but he has been playing that character for 1 year now and i give it hopefully 2-4 weeks and he's back to his old self again.
    How is it awful. Please remind me who's done it before, as state what's awful about it.

I liked Joseph Park when he was being interesting but then he stopped progressing and he stopped being fun to watch. I would have done some angle where Park each week did an investigation into a different Impact wrestler on the disappearance of his brother Chris...you know, Abyss. It would be a good moment for comedy as he interviews them and reveals things about the wrestlers that you didn't know....like Bobby Roode likes gardening in his spare time.

Still, a lot of you are bothering me when you're the same people who were saying two days ago "Bring Abyss back!!" Can't you be happy for one second that they do something you asked for?? There's plenty to criticize in wrestling but it turns me off from being a member of the IWC when people nitpick that badly. I don't get why people think the return was that bad. Music wasn't great and he stumbled on the double clothesline but was it that bad?? The chokeslam was high impact. That blackhole slam was being done on Devon, not the easiest guy to pick up and it looked fine. The return sure seemed to get a good reaction.

Quit the nitpicking! There's a lot of big stuff to criticize!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post
    I liked Joseph Park when he was being interesting but then he stopped progressing and he stopped being fun to watch. I would have done some angle where Park each week did an investigation into a different Impact wrestler on the disappearance of his brother Chris...you know, Abyss. It would be a good moment for comedy as he interviews them and reveals things about the wrestlers that you didn't know....like Bobby Roode likes gardening in his spare time.

Still, a lot of you are bothering me when you're the same people who were saying two days ago "Bring Abyss back!!" Can't you be happy for one second that they do something you asked for?? There's plenty to criticize in wrestling but it turns me off from being a member of the IWC when people nitpick that badly. I don't get why people think the return was that bad. Music wasn't great and he stumbled on the double clothesline but was it that bad?? The chokeslam was high impact. That blackhole slam was being done on Devon, not the easiest guy to pick up and it looked fine. The return sure seemed to get a good reaction.

1) Quite a few people in this thread don't fit the stereotype IWC-mold (I think no-one does) and their comments are in line with previous statements.
    2) I'm glad Abyss is back and think that TNA made a good plan. That said: the execution was terrible. No point in sugarcoating that.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    Some of these posts are funny. He did look like shit out there, although no one ever considered him to be an in-ring technician.
    It doesn't take an in-ring technician to, you know, move around the ring.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post

To the first part: While I agree that many do over analyze things, we have to take into context the fact that we are on a website which is all about us as wrestling fans expressing our likes and dislikes about the current products. I don't think anyone has been "anti-TNA" with their comments; just disappointed that the return wasn't as dominant as they would have hoped for (even though Abyss ran through the Big 3 names of A&8s with his return, it still didn't come off as Abyss man-handling people they way some would have hoped for.)

To the second part: I think they mixed it up. Abyss should have choke slammed Devon as he could have still thrown him through the table and looked viscous while the Black Hole Slam on Anderson would have looked more impactful. But the Chokeslam through the table on Anderson looked awesome and as quick as he went through it, it looked like Abyss was thrown a rag doll around (even if he didn't lift him all the way up... This is something Abyss has never really done with his choke slams anyways.)

All in all, I can't say that I took it in as negative a light that most did. I marked out when I figured out who was coming out (the music threw me, even though my wife called in when the match started). I had goose bumps and was so happy that the little slips and bumbles that others are pointing out didn't matter to me; Abyss is back and that makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone