Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    please keep in mind I was away from sports entertainment from about 2002-2011, so missed a majority of cenas rise to the top. I know he suffered a major injury in 2007-2008 when he made the surprise entry at the rumble at MSG. but has he suffered any other "major" injuries? at his age and workload rate, cena is a major injury away from having his career ending. if he ever suffers a complete tear of his acl, mcl, or having a muscle tear completely away from a bone, his career as we know it is over. and I hate to see anyone get injured, but with his workload rate and as many appearances as he makes, this might not be too far down the line. and with VKMs inability to create his heir apparent as face of the company, if cena ever goes down, the wwe is fucked.
    On the other hand though, you have guys that will never receive a major injury their entire career. Chris Jericho is one of the main people that comes to mid here. Given his moveset over the years, he's been lucky never to have received a major injury that's kept him out for a lengthy period of time.

A lot of it is all about how you play the game. John Cena has a very 'safe' moveset that is unlikely to get him a major injury. The most likely way he has to get injured at this point is via taking a major bump in some gimmick match or via someone else botching a move on him.
    In comparison, you have guys like your CM Punks or your Jeff Hardys who have a much more high risk moveset and are more liable to injury.
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 05-11-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

A lot of it is all about how you play the game. John Cena has a very 'safe' moveset that is unlikely to get him a major injury.
    yes, cena is a very safe worker, but keep in mind he is entering a program with ryback. I do not hate on Skip like a lot of guys on here, but he is far from a safe worker from what I have seen. having ryback going against your number 1 face with no heir apparent is a very dicey situation.

cena is just 36. so i can can still see him going for TNA title in 18-20 years.
    Last edited by thedag; 05-11-2013 at 10:18 PM.

cena is just 36. so i can can still see him going for TNA title in 18-20 years.
    and Hogan will still be there to bury him...

Cena won't stop, I think he will be a Ric Flair/Hogan. For me he should have another 5 years max full time then drop off like HHH but not go over half as much. As someone said earlier he should do a Jericho who is putting over guys these days but still enjoying the WWE.

It depends of course on who's running WWE at this point and if Cena himself wants to do it. There may be one sticking point after the career Cena's had of winning anything and everything is he going to be happy to rack up losses on a regular basis?

Time will tell all I suppose.