Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant. You have to remember his neck injury from a few years back too.
    I'd say he'll be full time until he's 40 or there about, then he'll move to a schedule similar to that of HBK towards the end of his run, where he would be only doing a couple of storylines per year. I think he'll fully retire when he's about 45 ish.
    Ah yes forgot about the neck issues!

+1 for you in the contributor of the month!

Until WWE have anyone that is as good as him at what he does.

So probably never, retired late 40's maybe if injuries are kind...

I give Cena 5-7 years tops. The dude's body hasn't been 100% for the longest time. Most of his career was probably an injury. The best option is to retire him from in ring options and make him a GM. Which would be perfect especially if they used that chance to turn him heel.

Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon102094 View Post
    How many years are still left in Cena's career?
    I am indifferent with Cena, I don't hate him, but it looks like most people on the internet do, but I don't have a liking toward him as well. I feel indifferent in the sense that Jeff Hardy is my favorite wrestler, Ryback and Santino are tied for my least favorite, but Cena ranks in with Sandow for me, I don't mind watching their matches, their just not something I would go out of my way to watch.
    I think you mean Jeff Hardy is your favorite stunt man... He's definitely not a "wrestler". And like HBK said around the year 2000 when asked about the Hardy's being newer versions of The Rockers, "Imitation it the greatest form of flattery... but knowing a few wrestling holds is good too". I will never forget that quote LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Cena's 36. I'd say that gives him 5-7 years left if he wants it.
    I think he'll try and and make the transition into movies after he finishes with WWE.
    I'm thinking that too- but his acting- well its not all that great. Really the only wrestler to make a lasting and good mark on acting is the Rock. Piper did decent in one movie, Hogan did decent basically playing himself in movies. Batista, Angle and a few others have had small parts and Austin- some ok parts. If Cena has a movie career it will be like Austin- straight to video movies.

As for his wrestling- I hope in his later years he will do like Jericho- give back, put younger talent over, guide them

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cice View Post
    I give Cena 5-7 years tops. The dude's body hasn't been 100% for the longest time. Most of his career was probably an injury. The best option is to retire him from in ring options and make him a GM. Which would be perfect especially if they used that chance to turn him heel.
    Cena has only been injured and left while injured for not even 2 or 3 years and hes been wrestling for 10 so what am i missing?
    besides at the rate he is going lately with being a workhorse outside the ring he most defiantly will last until 40 and then start slowing down to just a few appearances a year until he's almost late 40s or even 50 knowing him.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJPPRxX View Post
    Cena has only been injured and left while injured for not even 2 or 3 years and hes been wrestling for 10 so what am i missing?
    besides at the rate he is going lately with being a workhorse outside the ring he most defiantly will last until 40 and then start slowing down to just a few appearances a year until he's almost late 40s or even 50 knowing him.
    We aren't always told when a wrestler is hurting and toughing it out. I'm sure Cena's soldiered through many injuries.

please keep in mind I was away from sports entertainment from about 2002-2011, so missed a majority of cenas rise to the top. I know he suffered a major injury in 2007-2008 when he made the surprise entry at the rumble at MSG. but has he suffered any other "major" injuries? at his age and workload rate, cena is a major injury away from having his career ending. if he ever suffers a complete tear of his acl, mcl, or having a muscle tear completely away from a bone, his career as we know it is over. and I hate to see anyone get injured, but with his workload rate and as many appearances as he makes, this might not be too far down the line. and with VKMs inability to create his heir apparent as face of the company, if cena ever goes down, the wwe is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    please keep in mind I was away from sports entertainment from about 2002-2011, so missed a majority of cenas rise to the top. I know he suffered a major injury in 2007-2008 when he made the surprise entry at the rumble at MSG. but has he suffered any other "major" injuries? at his age and workload rate, cena is a major injury away from having his career ending. if he ever suffers a complete tear of his acl, mcl, or having a muscle tear completely away from a bone, his career as we know it is over. and I hate to see anyone get injured, but with his workload rate and as many appearances as he makes, this might not be too far down the line. and with VKMs inability to create his heir apparent as face of the company, if cena ever goes down, the wwe is fucked.
    You really hit the nail right on the head, at his age the more he keeps pushing his body like this at some point his body is just going to give out which will limit himself in the ring.

Look at Taker, I know he is 48-49 now but he has been having surgeries for the past 5 years at least to help his nagging injuries. If Cena doesn`t slow down he is heading to a state where his body just won`t be able to keep up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    I hope it does not happen and I hope in the years coming they'll build a guy that can carry the torch. But I'm not sure WWE would be fucked, not if Cena can walk out for one last match.

Shawn Michaels competed injured at Mania against Austin and put Austin completeley over. Barring death or a fully torn muscle Cena will do the same, because that's the kind of guy he is.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'