Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cena's career length?

How many years are still left in Cena's career?
    I am indifferent with Cena, I don't hate him, but it looks like most people on the internet do, but I don't have a liking toward him as well. I feel indifferent in the sense that Jeff Hardy is my favorite wrestler, Ryback and Santino are tied for my least favorite, but Cena ranks in with Sandow for me, I don't mind watching their matches, their just not something I would go out of my way to watch.

Blog Entries
    I feel the same about Cena...no love or hate just blah...makes it even worse when you see him put on such a good match with CM Punk on RAW not so long ago and get to thinking there could be more interesting aspects to him than just the vanilla superman that appeals to the kid masses and sells merchandise...nice guy it seems in real life and dedicated but in the end do you call that a truly fulfilling career? Maybe but that is for him and posterity to decide...the are many quality ball players that have come and gone in the game over the years but not everyone will get in the hall of fame....

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Hopefully long enough to still keep me chortling at the irate Drive By IWC.

Blog Entries
    Cena's 36. I'd say that gives him 5-7 years left if he wants it.
    I think he'll try and and make the transition into movies after he finishes with WWE.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I'd say about 5 years or so. It's about time he starts putting over talent. It's risky as they need someone to replace him with that's going to keep the ratings as well as keep the cash flow alive.

When reading the net about wrestlers such as DB, the IWC seem to really like him and want him as face of the WWE, I was very against it. I didn't see much in him. But lately, I don't know. He's grown on me, alot. I think he's funny, although that's not necessarily what you want in a champ, he's good int he ring and has good mic skills.

FYI - I dislike Cena with a passion. He makes me cringe when he comes on TV. Ryback is the way forward, despite his monotone voice and lame promos he's got potential. Let the guy work with what he feels comfortable with. If you've seen his interviews he's a decent guy, he's been knocked down so many times in the industry and he's finally made it. He wont be at top for long unfortunately due to his age, but we'll see a few years out of him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I think he'll try and and make the transition into movies after he finishes with WWE.
    I hope he picks up his stalled rap career.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by AWyatt View Post
    I'd say about 5 years or so. It's about time he starts putting over talent. It's risky as they need someone to replace him with that's going to keep the ratings as well as keep the cash flow alive.

When reading the net about wrestlers such as DB, the IWC seem to really like him and want him as face of the WWE, I was very against it. I didn't see much in him. But lately, I don't know. He's grown on me, alot. I think he's funny, although that's not necessarily what you want in a champ, he's good int he ring and has good mic skills.

FYI - I dislike Cena with a passion. He makes me cringe when he comes on TV. Ryback is the way forward, despite his monotone voice and lame promos he's got potential. Let the guy work with what he feels comfortable with. If you've seen his interviews he's a decent guy, he's been knocked down so many times in the industry and he's finally made it. He wont be at top for long unfortunately due to his age, but we'll see a few years out of him.
    If Ryback is the way forward, I'm on my way out

Anyway, Cena probably still has several years left. I still dislike Cena but it's been so long now that I'm almost numb to it and actually feel sorry for the guy sometimes.
    2011 Prediction Contest: 4th, 2012 Prediction Contest: 11th, 2013 Prediction Contest: 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Seems about right for his age but injures he has suffered torn biceps and now it looks like the beginning of achilles issues i would say about 5 years at least full time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Seems about right for his age but injures he has suffered torn biceps and now it looks like the beginning of achilles issues i would say about 5 years at least full time.
    Yeah that's what I meant. You have to remember his neck injury from a few years back too.
    I'd say he'll be full time until he's 40 or there about, then he'll move to a schedule similar to that of HBK towards the end of his run, where he would be only doing a couple of storylines per year. I think he'll fully retire when he's about 45 ish.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I think given his age he can last 5-10 years even, but he is such a workhorse outside of the ring and such that I wonder if his body will finally break down (injury prone and whatnot). I think in that time they need to build the next face of the company (I honestly dont have a guess as to who that could be, on his level) and then we will all have that heel turn that we oh so desire. But everything has to be in place, so that there isnt fear of his merchandise drop, and it would have to be something EPIC in the way that Hogan turned to the NWO , something unforgettable and long lasting, and potentially history changing...