Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Debate Thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I mean all the way out of the public eye, no outside access AT ALL, no knowledge of these facilities existing. Like Guantanamo Bay without the media coverage. And I'm not suggesting they keep handing out the same punishments Donny. That would be too slight by half.
    It's hard to keep something like that under wraps. It takes one bleeding heart to make you look like a total tool. A la Deep Throat to Nixon. (I don't know how much american politics other countries know. But Deep throat was the alias for the man who uncovered the watergate scandal... it later came out that he was a high ranking official of the FBI.)
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Modern fucking society is raising generations of soft centred, limp wristed, panty waisted, lily livered, bleeding heart sand baggers. Practically every line has been blurred in the world today. I weep for the future
    I wouldn't say that I'm part of this generation and know a lot of people around my age who think and feel the same, its the generation before us that has created this sissy society where you can gun down a room full of kids and some dumb fucks will still defend you. Once this generation has taken over I think thinsg will change for the better.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's hard to keep something like that under wraps. It takes one bleeding heart to make you look like a total tool. A la Deep Throat to Nixon. (I don't know how much american politics other countries know. But Deep throat was the alias for the man who uncovered the watergate scandal... it later came out that he was a high ranking official of the FBI.)
    LOL! Oh Dennis, you do crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I wouldn't say that I'm part of this generation and know a lot of people around my age who think and feel the same, its the generation before us that has created this sissy society where you can gun down a room full of kids and some dumb fucks will still defend you. Once this generation has taken over I think thinsg will change for the better.

It's been an accumulation of the actions of many generations. While we still have a section of society who cling to the letter of the law of outdated parchments, such as the constitution or the bible, society will always be broken.

I'm in favor of the old school chain gangs. Have them cleaning up highways, breaking rocks or mining. Hardcore physical labor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I'm in favor of the old school chain gangs. Have them cleaning up highways, breaking rocks or mining. Hardcore physical labor.
    And at the same time, doing something that benefits society, like, as you said, cleaning highways. 2 for the price of 1.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Time for another debate.

The right to keep and bear arms fundamentally is the assertion that people, either individually or collectively as a militia, have a personal right to possess weapons. Often, but not always, the arms at the forefront of the conversation are firearms, though other kinds of weapons are involved as well. Debates about the right to keep and bear arms also usually involve issues such as the right of individuals to defend themselves, their families and their property as well as issues such as the right to protect oneself even against one's own government.

My opinion I feel is that regular civilians do not have the right to carry weapons that cause mass destruction, and that we need to replace them with non-lethal alternatives, also better background checks would do wonders.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Time for another debate.

The right to keep and bear arms fundamentally is the assertion that people, either individually or collectively as a militia, have a personal right to possess weapons. Often, but not always, the arms at the forefront of the conversation are firearms, though other kinds of weapons are involved as well. Debates about the right to keep and bear arms also usually involve issues such as the right of individuals to defend themselves, their families and their property as well as issues such as the right to protect oneself even against one's own government.

My opinion I feel is that regular civilians do not have the right to carry weapons that cause mass destruction, and that we need to replace them with non-lethal alternatives, also better background checks would do wonders.

Thoughts?
    I see this sparking a fight but thats when things get fun. I've never understood peoples defense of the 2nd amendment, it psychotic to think that grown men and women would seee the things that have happened over the last 30 years and still say people should be able to own anything more powerful then a rifle. I'm not for all out ban on guns, and when it comes to other weapons hell I personally own a collection of swords from different cultures, but the things people are allowed to own its ridiculous.

And the arguments that people use are the most pathetic things I've ever heard. They need them incase the government goes rabid, for anyone on the site that believes this you need to wake up. Our government spends more on military weaponry then any other country, aside from the extremely well trained troops we have drone planes, tanks, missiles, napalm and a thousand otehr ways to kill. Any armed uprising would be crushed about half as quickly as a fly against a windshield.

And the idea that the founding fathers wanted people to own guns, thats true because when they lived you needed guns to fend off wild animals, witches and indians. They also believed it because when it came to fire arms you had three choices a single shot musket that could take anywhere from 1 to 3 full minutes to reload and be ready to fire, a cannon and bow and arrow. They had no possible way of knowing about the weapons that could exist now.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

You should be able to own any gun you want if you can own any car you want. More people are killed in instances involving cars than guns. Nobody needs a car that can go 100 mph just like nobody needs a gun with a 100 round magazine. That logic sounds crazy but it's actually true.

I am a hunter & gun owner so I do support the 2nd amendment. I'd like to have an AR-15 for target shooting fun, but I'll probably never own one. Does that mean others shouldn't be able to own them? To me, no. The thing that worries me is that the government will over-do their gun control, inhibiting rights of citizens like owning such things as a semi-auto shotgun or rifle. As a responsible gun owner, it sucks to be clumped with some idiots that also on guns.

It's a shame that a minority can ruin the freedoms of the majority.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    DRG is going to love this thread.
    Yes... Yes he is

To the Capital Punishment point; I agree with the death penalty. Not because it's "an eye for an eye" but because the idea of knowing that you can commit a violent crime and end up in a jail cell with free food, water, shelter, and cable television as a "punishment" doesn't seem a fair trade for the person who is now buried and in a box in the ground. Depending upon what crime was committed, you can even end up in a segregated unit in which you have your own cell to yourself, access to wifi or other internet services, and a special "shower time" in which you are sure to avoid being molested. I think that the money I pay to taxes shouldn't be used to help "accommodate" people who willingly gave up what I see as their "rights" by committing an act (Murder, Mass-Murder, Rape, Child Molesting) that I feel should cause them to surrender such rights. If you want to act like an animal and not a competent human who can act in a civilized way, you should be treated as such; I personally would kill the stray dog who attacked and killed one of my dogs, so why wouldn't I be willing to accept this punishment for someone who killed one of my family members who I surely value higher than my personal pets.

If we want things to be an even playing field and people are so against the death penalty, I suggest we impose the "Coffin for a Coffin" idea in which if you are convicted of killing a person and within a 5 year period no "new evidence" is brought up to suggest your innocence, I say stick them in a coffin. Allow 1 hour of exercise a day, but the remainder of their prison term is to be served in a 7' long, 4' wide, and 4’ deep box. That would be a good way for someone to truly understand the depth of their crime outside of just having to sit in a room, watch TV, and play dominoes with other inmates. I think some, at that point, would be more willing to accept death as a punishment as they could truly grasp the idea of how much damage they cause the families of the person who they caused so much damage to.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post

What do you qualify as a "regular civilian"? Would I be a "regular civilian" even though I am an avid hunter, have at least 5000 round per weapon (we'll say 750 for my rifles) in time spent at the range or on the ranch, and since I know how to clean, process, repair, and even refill my weapons and ammo casings? If someone was to log 250-500 hours in flight, you would say that they were on their way to being a professional pilot, but because I am not the type of person who could join the military or civil services, my knowledge and training deems me "unfit" to own weapons due to the fact that I am a "regular citizen"?

I agree that there should be a way to process and determine who is competent enough to own a firearm, but the previous "Background Check" legislation that was recently rejected at the Senate stated that if you were on medication for ANY mental issue, you were to forfeit your right to guns. This means that if a female who is going through post-partum is issued some Xanax in 1997, they would be refused the right. If you were issues an anti-depressant med after a death of a close family member 5 years ago, you were still subject to confiscation of weapons. If I was to have taken anti-anxiety med to help with my sleeping aids that were working to battle my insomnia, I am now subject to lose my weapons. Yes, back ground checks are a GREAT idea before just handing a weapon over to someone, but they need to also understand that just because someone was issued Prozac two decades ago does not mean that they are in the same state of mind today.

If anything, people should be subjected to something closer to what we have for new drivers before being allowed to own weapons. 6 week courses to learn about the weapons you are planning to use. We have to take Concealed Handgun courses before we are allow to have our license, so why not utilize the program and expand it. You can buy a fishing pole, but you cannot be caught with a fish (outside of your personal stock pond) without you license. You have to purchase tags during hunting season. Utilize a similar process in that you must have your weapons license with you if you are caught in possession of a weapon. Persons who sign up for said course are subject to a Federal Background Check and gives officials 6 weeks to find any evidence that said individual should not possess a firearm.

I grew up around guns as did my entire family. I shot my first firearm at the age of 6. I got my first shotgun at 12 and rifle at 15(as will my sons). I believe I have the right to own such weapons for the purposes I use them (hunting and defense of property). The idea of having 2 men break into my home, both holding handguns, and my only line of defense is to call the police and ask these two men to not take my stuff, hurt my family, and wait patiently until the police officers come to arrest them is pretty silly as well as foolish. You can implement as many gun restrictions and call for citizens to "turn in their firearms" all you want, but the chances are that the "bad guys" who own the guns (illegally) aren't going to hand them over just because the government tells them they should; that's why they are career criminals in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    How did I miss this thread? I want in on this so here goes, (I'll keep it short and sweet):

On the debate of the Death Penalty:

I'll throw the switch or pull the trigger/rope - whatever. Too many people are on death row in our prison systems who have run out of appeals and are wasting tax payer monies. The cost of a bullet is far less than the cost of keeping those sentenced to death alive and I for one would be happy to execute those that have no chance of appeal or are truly guilty of committing such horrendous crimes as outlined above by DRG.

On the issue of Gun Regulations:

I don't give a rats ass what the government says, I'm keeping all of my rifles; pistols; and other such weaponry. There is no way to regulate gun control anywhere in the world, let alone the USA. Criminals will always get their hands on weapons deemed too dangerous for civilians. We already have strict regulations on gun control and background checks. Problem is that we are unable to enforce such strict control. Another "regulation" or "law" isn't going to change a damn thing, all it will do is hamper those civilians who are NOT criminals in getting a gun to protect themselves and/or their families. It would also hamper those who are avid hunters but yet obey the law.

Basically it's just another formality to take away a law abiding citizens' rights to bear arms. Lets face it, a criminal doesn't care what the law says and can always pick up what they want on the streets or black market. The only ones this hurts is us law abiding citizens and I for one say that the Government can have my rifle when they pry it out of my cold dead hands.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey