Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ryback's machine persona

Watching Ryback's most recent promo, it appears that he's slowly fading out his robotic mentality during his promos. I hope this trend continues as I think it's really hard to develop and expand a character with such a limited range of personality and emotion. Do you guys see Ryback turning more human(for lack of a better term) and do you think it would benefit Ryback in the long run?

Blog Entries
    Any change to the character would be positive.

Blog Entries
    I think they never should have had him talk to begin with (yes, I know as Shefield he was decent on the mike). Who cares if it was too 'Goldberg'. Goldberg has been gone for 10 years now. Time to move on and it's not like he would have been the first 'copy-cat' character....

Blog Entries
    That was my favorite RAW opener in weeks. People have complained about how they have always opened with a promo, but if done right it's the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtts101 View Post
    I think they never should have had him talk to begin with (yes, I know as Shefield he was decent on the mike). Who cares if it was too 'Goldberg'. Goldberg has been gone for 10 years now. Time to move on and it's not like he would have been the first 'copy-cat' character....
    This, basically.

I would have been perfectly fine with him not talking(Or speaking in a very limited fashion), or having a manager.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

The whole "Ryback Rules" phrase is even stupider than "feed me more" and his grunts and facial gestures are even more annoying now that Cena highlighted those quirks in his speil last night. Since he's turned heel it seems that the audience isn't as much into him either. His PPV loss record is beginning to hurt him too I'm afraid. If he loses to Cena at Extreme Rules then I don't see what more there is for him and losing will halt his quickly shrinking momentum even more. I'm almost expecting the unexpected and actually think that he might beat Cena though his title run will probably be short and Cena will win it back at the next PPV. I'm actually glad that they have let him talk though. Once you get past the theatrics he's actually fairly articulate and tells the story well. I don't know how much freedom he is allowed or if he is held to a strict script or not but he's not as bad as listening to someone like Orton talk.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

WWE PPV Prediction Contest Standings:
    22nd place overall

Royal Rumble - 29th
    Elimination Chamber - 33rd
    Wrestlemania - 25th
    Extreme Rules - ooops, I forgot
    Payback - 9th
    MITB - 6th
    Battleground - 15th

Current 2014 overall standing:
    23rd

Blog Entries
    Yes compared to some Ryback is a genius on the microphone but he does still have a long way to go to see what works and does not work and this obvious attempt of the WWE to push "Ryback Rules" down our throats is blaaaa...frankly he is more interesting to me as of late since he has been talking and feeling out his exact heel persona...not exactly your average monster heel...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

From day one I have always thought where the hell does this character go, I liked Skip and looked forward to him returning, but I'm not a fan of the Ryback character. I hope he slowly moves away from it completely, I believe he has potential.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

A mute big powerhouse would have been a good move possibly even fire a manger with him worked for Umaga!