Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

surely, I'm not the only one pumped for his return?

Whom am I referencing, you may be pondering? Miz? Y2J? Bork Lazer? Nay to all of these (well I'm always pumped for a Y2J appearance, but I digress...). I'm talking about none other than Ted DiBiase! I love the guy! Sound in the ring. A little dull on the mic but that can be changed if he's given a gimmick he's comfortable with... or one at all. Really my only complaint with him is the "I Come From Money" entrance theme he uses. I think we can all agree that its rubbish and very Diva-esque. But back to the gimmick thing. I always thought that he shouldve been given a Tim Tebow type gimmick back at the height of TebowMania. I mean they have the same look, both are religious guys (it'd be nice to get Christianity a positive light on T.V. for once... I'm pretty biased with that though.) It coukd work. The scrapoy under dog like wrestler whose skills are always in question and he doesn't get much by the way of the benefit of doubt but always seems to pull off these miraculous come from behind victories (clearly drawing from Tebow's run as the Bronco's QB.). He'd make for a good role model for the kids to get behind. Plus he could be easily marketable in this way. I mean, no homo, but he's a handsome guy with good morales. They woukdnt have to worry about scuffles with the law or failed drug tests. And he's reletively young so he would have some time left to compete. A nice slow build up with some great mid card feuds and then "miraculously" winning a #1 contender shot (MITB?) And he could be a legit bonafide main eventer in a few years. I wouk d however like him to change his finisher. Dream Street always seemed like a signature move to me as opposed to a finisher. Its kind of slow and clunky to set up. If he was a powerhouse I wouldn't be as opposed but that's not the case. Anywho, I'm all for him and a member of the DiBiase Posse. Whatchu think?

To be honest I didn't even know he still worked at wwe, but I would like to see more of him. When he was in legacy I always thought he had a future if he could fix up his mic work and I'd like to see some fresh faces if nothing else.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Loved his feud with Cody Rhodes, showed he had a bit of a personality. His feud with Jinder should have lasted longer. I actually like the tim tebow type character. I think Dibase could be a good face if pushed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Loved his feud with Cody Rhodes, showed he had a bit of a personality. His feud with Jinder should have lasted longer. I actually like the tim tebow type character. I think Dibase could be a good face if pushed correctly.
    Who knows, maybe a team will pick him up as a TE or something and TebowMania will rekindle. Then the E can ride off his popularity.

He's to bland. Coming from a wrestling family you have two choices. Eclipse your heritage or live in its shadow. Ted is half the wrestler his dad was and packs about 10% of his personality. About his only hope would have been if senior had managed him. But he's not interested in the day to day chaos of being on the road with his son. So they may as well just FE Jr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    He's to bland. Coming from a wrestling family you have two choices. Eclipse your heritage or live in its shadow. Ted is half the wrestler his dad was and packs about 10% of his personality. About his only hope would have been if senior had managed him. But he's not interested in the day to day chaos of being on the road with his son. So they may as well just FE Jr.
    This.

It sort of goes into my rants on here as of late about the WWE not allowing their wrestlers to grow. People ask all the time why today's wrestlers aren't as good as yesteryear and that's the only answer I can come up with. When you have an entire character created for you, given scripts to recite from (though I heard HHH is trying to change that back to bullet points), and told every little thing to do it's hard to grow and become your own.

Why isn't Dibiase Jr. as good as Sr.? Amongst other reasons, he just isn't comfortable with the gimmick he was made to portray. If I were wrestling I wouldn't want to be my daddy, I'd want to be me. I guess I'd go the Dustin Rhodes way if humanly possible and just run as far the other way as fast as I could.

Off topic, but could you imagine Cody Rhodes portraying a "New" American Dream? Yeech.

The only push I cann see fur young theodre is for the exit door .. Run in tna ??

Black Ninja!
    He should fued with orton... So he can get punted in the head and disappear again...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Surely you are indeed the only one pumped for his return.

From my point of view, Ted DiBiase is better in the ring than most give him credit for. As for his character, charisma etc, yeah, he's pretty bland. But I do think that he'll come good if given something to work with. His theme is ridiculous, and he's been pushed in the form of a guy trying to tread his Fathers footsteps (not always the best option to go for with these 2nd/3rd generation superstars).

To me, DiBiase was at his best when he was teaming with Cody Rhodes. Perhaps revisiting that tag team could be the way to go.
    Either way though, he's in the last chance saloon. When he returns to tv, it's make or break for him IMO. If he doesn't fianly manage to make something of himself this time round, he's gone IMO.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Well one thing's for sure... he has the single worst entrance theme in the business. That is the lamest song, possibly in wrestling history...