Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    heel commentator adds another whole dimension to commentating. Now its just boring chatter. At least JBL doesn't try and BS like cole and calls him out on it

I like heel commentators when it's done to balance things out like JBL, but on the other side it can go horribly wrong like TNA were Tazz's heel just has reduced the table to people just bickering.

Blog Entries
    JR & Heyman were the best commentating pairing when it comes to face/heel announcers. King/JR were OK when King was heel, but you still got the impression they went out for a drink after the show but with Heyman and JR, you felt like they hated each other with an absolute blind passion.

The squabbles between those two during the Invasion angle was really the only interesting thing that kept me hooked.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    JR and Paul were good on the mic together but frankly I miss when VKM was behind the headphones and we did not know he was the big ,bosss

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Personally as much as I appreciate Paul Heyman as a manager, I couldn't stand him as a commentator. Maybe part of that was because I missed King but I definitely did not like hearing Heyman talk for a whole two hours. Tazz and JBL are guys who can be good commentators but have failed as heel commentators because they appreciate the good guys too much.

JBL shouldn't be praising Cena as courageous and Tazz shouldn't be talking about how impressive Magnus is. Make fun of them. Make fun of how Cena cost his team victory because of his achilles heel. "All Ryback has to do in their match is trick Cena to run up the ring steps a few times."

How hard is it to make fun of England for something to rip on Magnus? A very Bobby Heenanesque approach would be to say "Now see, Magnus has an unfair advantage. The only reason he has all those muscles is because he got stuck in a gym while it was raining in England for 2 weeks and there was nothing else to do but work out." Anything stupid that sort of makes sense if your mind was a bit twisted.

You have the heel ripping into the good guys and the regular commentators defending the "true" storyline and character development.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post
    "Now see, Magnus has an unfair advantage. The only reason he has all those muscles is because he got stuck in a gym while it was raining in England for 2 weeks and there was nothing else to do but work out."

To Continue:

Tazz: That was right before he got arrested...

Tenay: What are you talking about, what did Magnus get arrested for?

Tazz: He threw a dumb bell through a window.

Tenay: Why did he get arrested for that?

Tazz: Attempted Murder, Tenay...

Todd: Are you serious?!

Tazz: Yeah, they said it was a crime of passion. Magnus was jealous of the dumb bell being smarter than him, but I digress (He could keep that line in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    JR and Paul were good on the mic together but frankly I miss when VKM was behind the headphones and we did not know he was the big ,bosss
    I have to agree with this. VKM was an awesome announcer and clicked well with most anyone sitting next to him. Some of his banter with Ventura and Heenan are classics.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

This forum has died.