Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

When was the last time a face won their first world Championship in WWE?

I was thinking about this morning and I couldn't come up with anyone other than Cena, Batista, Rey, and Jeff. But out of them who has won their first WWE or WHC being a face without using MitB or being cicumstancial like Christian was? Is it a thing that WWE has to have their superstars win their titles as heels to test the waters about them. It is just one of those weird situations I found with the product.

Opinions and answer to my question if I haven't answered myself.

Looking at WWE.com title history defences Christian won his first world title (WHC) in 2011. Before that it was Sheamus to win the WWE title vs Cena in the table match (I think). Or if you want to include Ziggler's first WHC 1 day title win. Just seeing face so yes it was Christian.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't he mean as a face???

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I mean solely being face throughout the run as champion and I disqualify Christian because of Edge's Retirement and MitB winners. Sheamus was heel when he won his first Major title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisered View Post
    I mean solely being face throughout the run as champion and I disqualify Christian because of Edge's Retirement and MitB winners. Sheamus was heel when he won his first Major title.
    Sorry I misread. Yes it was Jeff Hardy the last face to win a 1st world title on December 14th, 2008 at Armageddon. I honestly have no clue or idea as to why they have very little face's win their first world title clean without a mitb breifcase. Probably to create a special moment for that select person winning clean over the other wrestler?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punk View Post
    Sorry I misread. Yes it was Jeff Hardy the last face to win a 1st world title on December 14th, 2008 at Armageddon. I honestly have no clue or idea as to why they have very little face's win their first world title clean without a mitb breifcase. Probably to create a special moment for that select person winning clean over the other wrestler?
    The reason so few faces win the big one, as faces rather than turning during a run, is John Cena. Especially when it comes to the WWE title. If you trace back a few years you'll see the reigns are: Cena, heel, Cena, heel, Cena, heel etc. Yeah there was Mysterio's short run on Raw and The Rock to break the pattern but it's pretty clear that when Cena is in the title picture, so all the time, you have to be a heel to win the WWE title first time or not.

Divas to believe in.

Black Ninja!
    Daniel Bryan... Was definetely face for the first month

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Punk wasn't the last, but just an example, He was face when Orton kicked him and cost him the belt.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Southern and B-mac they were faces def. but they had MitB. So it does not really apply to my question

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisered View Post
    seems unfair to disqualify christian based solely on edges retirements, especially when christian was no.1 contender at the time.
    his world title reign may have always been in the cards

in regards to your topic, i admit its hard to think of any names in recent memory but you may have made this topic too complex with the person needing to be face, no money in the bank cash ins and Cena, Batista, Rey, etc. not counting

i feel that debates are better here when the topic at hand is more simple not overly complex like this one