Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I will get some heat for saying this, but it seems like Hogan and Sting are using this, should be great promotion, to just further grandstand their own image and not contribute to the future success of this promotion when they eventually are no longer there.
    I'm not sure it's that type of conspiracy. I just think that Sting is probably done soon...as he should be, and if he can contribute this way, why not?

    We'd all much rather see Magnus, or Joe, or someone else battle Bully for the title...but after simmering a bit, I've decided I'm ok with this. If nothing else, it does bring a lot of drama because Sting was the Bully Ambassador to Hogan which started this whole Shit Storm.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Totally agree.

    How can you put your talent over to be as big as a draw as your old HOFers without the actual HOFers putting over other talents? I was pretty sickened over the no 1 contenders match.

    I will get some heat for saying this, but it seems like Hogan and Sting are using this, should be great promotion, to just further grandstand their own image and not contribute to the future success of this promotion when they eventually are no longer there.


    I guess I don't see how Bobby Roode beating Sting at Slammi X and Victory Road last year is him "not putting over other talents". Sure, he beat DOC at Genesis and his team won at Lockdown this year, but Sting/Bully lost at BFG before that to unveil Devon.


    I could see that being the argument against RVD as he was 22-7 at PPV events, but Sting is sitting at 31-23 (soon to be 24) for PPV events so I wouldn't say he hasn't put anyone over. Bobby Roode (3-3 versus Sting in singles), Samoa Joe (2-2 versus Sting in singles), Jeff Hardy (1-2 versus Sting in singles; the second loss coming from Hardy's horrible decision), and AJ Styles (1-1 versus Sting in singles)... All of these guys have a 50% record against Sting (disregarding Hardy of course) when competing in singles matches. Hell, Morgan is only 0-2 versus Sting due to last night’s loss (the first one coming at Slammi7 in 2009), so I don't see how Sting is furthering his own image when the majority of his wins come from Tag Team matches these days, usually highlighted by the younger guys on his team (Eric Young with the Elbow drop from the top at this year’s Lockdown).


    This isn’t my defending of Sting as much as it is my bringing light to the making of grand claims without at least looking at the facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

    I guess I don't see how Bobby Roode beating Sting at Slammi X and Victory Road last year is him "not putting over other talents". Sure, he beat DOC at Genesis and his team won at Lockdown this year, but Sting/Bully lost at BFG before that to unveil Devon.


    I could see that being the argument against RVD as he was 22-7 at PPV events, but Sting is sitting at 31-23 (soon to be 24) for PPV events so I wouldn't say he hasn't put anyone over. Bobby Roode (3-3 versus Sting in singles), Samoa Joe (2-2 versus Sting in singles), Jeff Hardy (1-2 versus Sting in singles; the second loss coming from Hardy's horrible decision), and AJ Styles (1-1 versus Sting in singles)... All of these guys have a 50% record against Sting (disregarding Hardy of course) when competing in singles matches. Hell, Morgan is only 0-2 versus Sting due to last night’s loss (the first one coming at Slammi7 in 2009), so I don't see how Sting is furthering his own image when the majority of his wins come from Tag Team matches these days, usually highlighted by the younger guys on his team (Eric Young with the Elbow drop from the top at this year’s Lockdown).


    This isn’t my defending of Sting as much as it is my bringing light to the making of grand claims without at least looking at the facts.
    Win and losses is one thing to actual sports not sports entertainment, which relies highly on which part of the event one is booked. The main event spot at a ppv is where you want to be. Regardless who wins, that actual main event spot is taken again by someone who is not going to be the future while others who desperately need the push are stagnant in the mid card.

    I knew I was gonna to get heat, but the fact remains if you keep using past talents regardless how much they draw to fill your main event ppv scene, it takes it's toll eventually on the future regardless who wins.

    And I don't see how Sting needs to put someone established already like Bully over, like he did for Roode. I understand the storyline element, but choose not to like it as the reason.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 05-03-2013 at 04:50 PM.



  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Win and losses is one thing to actual sports not sports entertainment, which relies highly on which part of the event one is booked. The main event spot at a ppv is where you want to be. Regardless who wins, that actual main event spot is taken again by someone who is not going to be the future while others who desperately need the push are stagnant in the mid card.

    I knew I was gonna to get heat, but the fact remains if you keep using past talents regardless how much they draw to fill your main event ppv scene, it takes it's toll eventually on the future regardless who wins.

    It's not heat and your point about win-loss is true... That's why I only included those from PPVs (which we would both agree to be thought of as having more value than a regular Impact match, correct?) At PPVs it has been proven that Sting is split for putting guys over. If they were to have Sting lose every match or avoid having him in the Main Event, it would be meaningless for someone like Bobby Roode to beat him because he already lost to a Magnus. If we are looking at PPV matches alone, then the W-L record has a bit more merit as these are matches in which Sting has put guys over on a bigger stage. If we are looking at JUST the Main Event spot (as you are speaking from) than the last time that Sting was the Main Event for a TNA PPV was June 10, 2012 (SlammiX versus Bobby Roode; which will be a full year removed when Slammi X1 occurs). Before that was Victory Road in March, also a losing effort to Bobby Roode. Over the past 2 years, Sting has been in fewer Main Event matches than what he was in 2010 ALONE.


    My point is that Sting isn’t keeping the spotlight by them giving him a shot at the title for the purpose of padding the list of people who a champion beats. He is a big name so it makes sense to use him for that purpose. The same for someone like Kurt Angle. WWE does the same when they inject the likes of Big Show, Kane, or another HOFer into a feud just to add depth to the list; the difference is that WWE has more on the roster to use than TNA does.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #25
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    I actually watched the highlights of the match on TNA.com. Here's what I got from it:

    A) Sting's sharpshooter on Morgan looked REALLY lousy. I mean you could barely class it as a sharpshooter. Maybe it had something to do with Morgan being so tall, don't know, but it looked ridiculously bad.
    B) Sting going over Morgan. What. The. Fuck. Why are they having Sting vs the WHC when they have an overflowing roster full of talent? Are they struggling for actually good talent or something? This decision epitomizes a lot of what's wrong with TNA.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post



    It's not heat and your point about win-loss is true... That's why I only included those from PPVs (which we would both agree to be thought of as having more value than a regular Impact match, correct?) At PPVs it has been proven that Sting is split for putting guys over. If they were to have Sting lose every match or avoid having him in the Main Event, it would be meaningless for someone like Bobby Roode to beat him because he already lost to a Magnus. If we are looking at PPV matches alone, then the W-L record has a bit more merit as these are matches in which Sting has put guys over on a bigger stage. If we are looking at JUST the Main Event spot (as you are speaking from) than the last time that Sting was the Main Event for a TNA PPV was June 10, 2012 (SlammiX versus Bobby Roode; which will be a full year removed when Slammi X1 occurs). Before that was Victory Road in March, also a losing effort to Bobby Roode. Over the past 2 years, Sting has been in fewer Main Event matches than what he was in 2010 ALONE.


    My point is that Sting isn’t keeping the spotlight by them giving him a shot at the title for the purpose of padding the list of people who a champion beats. He is a big name so it makes sense to use him for that purpose. The same for someone like Kurt Angle. WWE does the same when they inject the likes of Big Show, Kane, or another HOFer into a feud just to add depth to the list; the difference is that WWE has more on the roster to use than TNA does.
    Yeah I'm not making a case that the WWE doesn't do the same thing, but the WWE already has it's share of home grown main stream talent that TNA lacks. The main stream talent TNA has are for the most part, if not all, with the exception of Sting of course, are ex WWE home grown main stream superstars.

    That is what TNA does not have. And always placing these aging ex WWE main stream superstars in prime spots, for quick ratings and merch sales will eventually hurt TNA when said superstars no longer want to or can not compete. When these guys leave either A. They have to start all over again in making making their own main stream superstars because of the missed opportunities they had to push their own, if they choose to. Or B. They will continue to feed off WWE made main stream superstars and have someone like Dave Batista headline their ppvs, take up the primo promo time and take the major storylines away from people like James Storm who is ripe for a huge main stream babyface TNA poster child, as Sting was in the old WCW. To me it appears that this type of push, is being somewhat ignored by TNA.

    Just my analysis.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 05-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.



  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I actually watched the highlights of the match on TNA.com. Here's what I got from it:

    A) Sting's sharpshooter on Morgan looked REALLY lousy. I mean you could barely class it as a sharpshooter. Maybe it had something to do with Morgan being so tall, don't know, but it looked ridiculously bad.
    B) Sting going over Morgan. What. The. Fuck. Why are they having Sting vs the WHC when they have an overflowing roster full of talent? Are they struggling for actually good talent or something? This decision epitomizes a lot of what's wrong with TNA.
    THANK YOU!.....All my friends and I who were watching it basically barfed in a little in our mouths simultaneously
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 05-03-2013 at 06:36 PM.



  8. #28
    Super Member Rockstar83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where Ever I Am Currently
    Posts
    665
    dont get me wrong I am really feeling bad for Matt Morgan, why not push this guy hes young. How these old guys are GIVEN title shots is stupid....Look at Every Bound For Glory PPV TNA put out STING has been in the main event like what....more the 2 times or 3. Its a joke.

    I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

  9. #29
    So Bully should beat Morgan?!? Bully should go through Sting before anything else. Morgan dominated the entire match, and never tapped. The only issue with this, is that it should have been someone else, but I also can't think of anyone. Morgan took that loss better than Joe, Aries, or Roode could have. He is just getting his momentum built. If it had been anyone else, they would have looked awful. Morgan remains a heel, and he can now continue his constant bitching by adding the fact that he didn't tap out to Sting. Bully NEEDS to beat Sting to remove him out of the picture, and claim another "hero" just like he did with Hardy. I believe the bitching should come once he beats guys like Aries, Roode, Styles, and Storm. Angle should also take a loss from Bully. This will only make AJ look even stronger if he is to be the guy to take down Bully.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    So Bully should beat Morgan?!? Bully should go through Sting before anything else. Morgan dominated the entire match, and never tapped. The only issue with this, is that it should have been someone else, but I also can't think of anyone. Morgan took that loss better than Joe, Aries, or Roode could have. He is just getting his momentum built. If it had been anyone else, they would have looked awful. Morgan remains a heel, and he can now continue his constant bitching by adding the fact that he didn't tap out to Sting. Bully NEEDS to beat Sting to remove him out of the picture, and claim another "hero" just like he did with Hardy. I believe the bitching should come once he beats guys like Aries, Roode, Styles, and Storm. Angle should also take a loss from Bully. This will only make AJ look even stronger if he is to be the guy to take down Bully.
    All I'm saying is that they could have had Sting get involved in the match ie save Morgan from a A&8 beat down after the match that Morgan was clearly gonna win against Bully, but Bully wins by A&8 Shenanigans instead of having Sting in the actual match. You could have even threw AJ in as a swerve. Sting's storyline would be still relevant, Morgan still looks bas ass and further AJ's storyline.

    It possible to lose and still look strong, like Ryback did against Punk. I still think there was no need for Sting to take that spot. That's just me.

    Bully could have still taken Sting out of the picture in a non ppv match, like they did recently with Hardy.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 05-04-2013 at 02:49 PM.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.