Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 90
  1. #21
    The question would be, WHY should he face Cena. Taker usually has reasons for his WM matches. There is a story built there. What story could they build around Cena challenging Taker, or Taker challenging Cena? The only thing i could imagine would be Taker going for the title one more time. Maybe the undisputed title to then retire with it.
    Otherwise i see no base on WHY they should fight. One is the biggest face of the company, the other one is ... well..the Undertaker.
    Now Lesnar...i would be worried that he would legitimately injure Taker, and pull an asshat move on him, considering the bad blood between them.
    So. My answer would be: i dont know. there is noone on the current roster good enough or that would make sense fighting Taker.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

  2. #22
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,680
    Blog Entries
    1
    Taker's last match will be at next year's Mania. And it will be against John Cena.

    Apparently though, a fan asked Taker at Axxess this year if he has another Wrestlemania match left in him, and he replied "I have one more for this guy *points to Brock Lesnar picture*".
    While that's a match I'd also like to see, I seriously don't know if Taker's body could hold up to the physicality of a match against someone like Lesnar, who's been as vicious as ever since returning. I mean HHH was being tossed around like a rag doll by Lesnar via various suplexes, I can't see Taker's body sustaining that.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    The question would be, WHY should he face Cena. Taker usually has reasons for his WM matches. There is a story built there. What story could they build around Cena challenging Taker, or Taker challenging Cena? The only thing i could imagine would be Taker going for the title one more time. Maybe the undisputed title to then retire with it.
    Otherwise i see no base on WHY they should fight. One is the biggest face of the company, the other one is ... well..the Undertaker.
    Now Lesnar...i would be worried that he would legitimately injure Taker, and pull an asshat move on him, considering the bad blood between them.
    So. My answer would be: i dont know. there is noone on the current roster good enough or that would make sense fighting Taker.
    Because he wants to end the streak? I think that's a good enough reason.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Everyone ? Really ?
    Yes............................................... ............

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Because he wants to end the streak? I think that's a good enough reason.
    Yeah, but he already said in various interviews that he doesnt. And that he respects the streak way too much to even consider challenging it.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

  6. #26
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,680
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    Yeah, but he already said in various interviews that he doesnt. And that he respects the streak way too much to even consider challenging it.
    And you really believe that John Cena doesn't want the chance to try for the streak? Arguably the only and highest accolade that he could possibly add to his resume to make it more impressive?
    Right.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  7. #27
    John Cena vs Undertaker at WM is on that "needs to happen" match list.



  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    Yeah, but he already said in various interviews that he doesnt. And that he respects the streak way too much to even consider challenging it.
    I don't think Taker will have much say unless he just blatently refuses to wrestle, the rub for ending the streak is just way too high for WWE to pass, up think of the instant fame, think of the merch.

    And why should Taker get a heppily ever after finish to his career in WWE? HBK lost, Ric Flair lost, Lita lost I could go on, but at the end of the day if the streak is to end it is defiantly going to be in his final match.




  9. #29
    I'm glad someone made this thread, I was going to myself but hadn't gotten 'round to it. I voted The Rock. It's a pretty safe bet to say it'll be Cena but I think 'Taker has more than one 'Mania left and by facing The Rock it'll free Cena up to be in a title match.


    Divas to believe in.

  10. #30
    Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker would be a huge match and it would be a massive draw. I would really like too see it happen
    Heel John Cena vs The Undertaker would be awesome.
    Boring stale face Cena vs The Undertaker would be boring IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.