Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    After his performance against FhhaaanDhhhaaanGhhooo at this years 'mania, and his below expectations performance against CM Punk last year, it's safe to say that Y2J vs The Phenom @next years/any 'mania won't happen.

I'd certainly like to see a feud between the two before both call it a day, though--no doubt there would be plenty of entertainment to be found out of that.
    You're still high if you think that Punk vs Jericho at Wrestlemania last year was below par.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You're still high if you think that Punk vs Jericho at Wrestlemania last year was below par.
    Still high? I don't really get that part.

My opinion stands either way.

You're the high one if you think that match was anywhere near as good as it should have been given each mans stellar records. Still, each to their own an' all that.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Blog Entries
    Still high? I don't really get that part.

My opinion stands either way.

You're the high one if you think that match was anywhere near as good as it should have been given each mans stellar records. Still, each to their own an' all that.
    Jericho vs Punk at Wrestlemania last year was one of the matches of the year IMO.
    And Jericho carried the match he had against Fandango this year.

Blog Entries
    Jericho vs Punk at Wrestlemania last year was one of the matches of the year IMO.
    And Jericho carried the match he had against Fandango this year.
    I thought that their rematch at Extreme Rules was superior. I was let down by their 'mania collision. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but it wasn't even match of the night. Obviously, they had stiff competition in the form of a meticulously laid out HHH vs 'Taker rematch, but for a pair of guys battling over who was meant to be the BEST IN THE WORLD, they didn't exactly live up to that billing (or, even close to it). They made up for things at the following PPV, but, still... BITW they was were most certainly not on the night that mattered.

And, lol, Y2J was far from on form against TAFKA Johnny Curtis. Granted, he did carry the match, but not to any sort of level that deserved a huge pat on the back or anything. That finish was the pits as well--surely we can at least agree on that.
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 05-05-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    I thought that their rematch at Extreme Rules was superior. I was let down by their 'mania collision. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but it wasn't even match of the night. Obviously, they had stiff competition in the form of a meticulously laid out HHH vs 'Taker rematch, but for a pair of guys battling over who was meant to be the BEST IN THE WORLD, they didn't exactly live up to that billing (or, even close to it). They made up for things at the following PPV, but, still... BITW they was were most certainly not on the night that mattered.

And, lol, Y2J was far from on form against TAFKA Johnny Curtis. Granted, he did carry the match, but not to any sort of level that deserved a huge pat on the back or anything. That finish was the pits as well--surely we can at least agree on that.
    I agree that the ER match was better. But I still stand by my belief that their Wrestlemania match was one of the matches of the year (for WWE that is), and in my view it was definitely the best match of the night. I'm not saying that because I'm a Punk and Jericho fan, I genuinely think that. Endless chair shots inside a steel cell (which they hardly utilized btw) doesn't constitute to an awesome match for me.
    To me the Punk vs Jericho did live up to the expectations.

Jericho vs Fandago should never have happened at Wrestlemania. Simple as that.

Blog Entries
    I agree that the ER match was better. But I still stand by my belief that their Wrestlemania match was one of the matches of the year (for WWE that is), and in my view it was definitely the best match of the night. I'm not saying that because I'm a Punk and Jericho fan, I genuinely think that. Endless chair shots inside a steel cell (which they hardly utilized btw) doesn't constitute to an awesome match for me.
    To me the Punk vs Jericho did live up to the expectations.

Jericho vs Fandago should never have happened at Wrestlemania. Simple as that.
    For me, the 'Taker vs HHH was all about the drama and the selling, the former was severely lacking in Jericho and CM Punks match. Not saying the battle of the BestInTheWorlders was terrible, it was just a little too flat for what it could have been.

I guess the Fandango match only happened to have Jericho on the card. I mean, it's not like they could have a 'mania with a healthy Chris stitting on the sidelines. I would have preferred to have seen a mid carder in Jericho's place, have y2j face someone who has more of an equal standing in WWE.
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 05-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    For me, the 'Taker vs HHH was all about the drama and the selling, the former was severely lacking in Jericho and CM Punks match. Not saying the battle of the BestInTheWorlders was terrible, it was just a little too flat for what it could have been.
    To each his own. But for me HHH vs Taker wasn't best match of the night. All comes down to what you're looking for in a match I guess.

Blog Entries
    To each his own. But for me HHH vs Taker wasn't best match of the night. All comes down to what you're looking for in a match I guess.
    I generally go for the sort of wrestling that Punk and Jericho employ, and am probably one of HHH's biggest "haters", but his two matches with 'Taker gave new meaning to simplicity at its finest. Yes, there were short cuts, and, yes, the HHH vs 'Taker match at 'mania XXVIII was better, but the match as a whole, the build up, and the general buzz surrounding it made it pretty special.

The most memorable part of the Y2J/Punk feud for me was when Y2J slipped on his arse when he tried to hit Punk with a beer bottle. I still get a chuckle out of that one to this day (I'm playing... Kinda )

Blog Entries
    I would love to see Jericho vs. 'Taker. Two veterans stepping in the ring to see who the better man is. It would sell itself ala HHH vs. 'Taker. The problem is, I don't think the WWE would do it. John Cena is the only plausible choice for UT now unfortunately and I see him ending the streak which is even more unfortunate.

Cena's the Golden Goose of WWE, what better feather to put in the cap than a pinfall victory over Undertaker. Bleck....

Talking John Cena vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania 30?

Basically, this is a thread about a potential John Cena/Undertaker feud for WrestleMania 30.

1: Could you see John Cena ending the streak?
    2: Will it be The Undertaker's final match?
    3: Do you see it being a good main event?