Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Alright, so we've gotten a few more replies and I think that for those who are up to it, I think it's time for this discussion to go to a new direction. So far, we've seen that out of all the replies, exposure and chemistry appear to be the most important factor to a tag team. But I'm wondering which factor you fellow Internet using wrestling fans find to be the most important: chemistry or exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    My shortest reply ever...

Chemistry

Exactly though!!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Alright, so we've gotten a few more replies and I think that for those who are up to it, I think it's time for this discussion to go to a new direction. So far, we've seen that out of all the replies, exposure and chemistry appear to be the most important factor to a tag team. But I'm wondering which factor you fellow Internet using wrestling fans find to be the most important: chemistry or exposure?

You can have Chemistry without exposure and end up with some great wrestling. K.O.W. is a prime example of just how awesome it is to see a team that just "clicks" when in the ring together. Sure, they never made Millions of Dollas like the PTP but one would have to believe that without the chemistry between the two getting them involved in such high profile matches in the Indy's, perhaps WWE might not have taken notice of both men. MCMG being another example of how chemistry produces epic wrestling; the difference is that MCMG had more exposure with the TNA brand and wrestling in Japan more than what the KOW had but both teams produced some awesome matches that are worth re-watching any day of the week.

Exposure allows for a broader fanbase to see the two of you together, but without the ring chemistry, would they WANT to see you tagging together? Jeri-show had a unique chemistry between the two men that seemed to mesh. MVP and Matt Hardy had a personal rivalry that helped to sell the fact that they could compete together. More recently is the union of Dirty Heels; they are not World Tag Team Champions but rather a Tag Team of World Champions. Sure, these guys might have the exposure but without the chemistry the fans would continue to avoid investing in them as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    You can have Chemistry without exposure and end up with some great wrestling. K.O.W. is a prime example of just how awesome it is to see a team that just "clicks" when in the ring together. Sure, they never made Millions of Dollas like the PTP but one would have to believe that without the chemistry between the two getting them involved in such high profile matches in the Indy's, perhaps WWE might not have taken notice of both men. MCMG being another example of how chemistry produces epic wrestling; the difference is that MCMG had more exposure with the TNA brand and wrestling in Japan more than what the KOW had but both teams produced some awesome matches that are worth re-watching any day of the week.

Exposure allows for a broader fanbase to see the two of you together, but without the ring chemistry, would they WANT to see you tagging together? Jeri-show had a unique chemistry between the two men that seemed to mesh. MVP and Matt Hardy had a personal rivalry that helped to sell the fact that they could compete together. More recently is the union of Dirty Heels; they are not World Tag Team Champions but rather a Tag Team of World Champions. Sure, these guys might have the exposure but without the chemistry the fans would continue to avoid investing in them as a team.
    Bobby Roode seems to click with everyone TNA creative sticks him with

But yeah, Chemistry is what really makes a great tag team. On paper- Bryan Danielson and Kane should not work- but they really have great chemistry with each other

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Blog Entries
    To me there are a few factors that make a good tag team. Let me preach on it.

1.) Gimmick. This is one of the things most of the time that are overlooked. When you think of some of the best tag teams ever; Legion of Doom, The Midnight Rockers, The Steiner Brothers, hell I'll even throw Beer Money and the Motor City Machine Guns in there, what's one thing they had in common? A good strong gimmick is the answer. From L.O.D's over the top spike wearing to MCMG's high flying do anything, they all had a good gimmick.

2.)Talent. The problem nowadays with throwing two random people together is the fact that most of the time, today's wrestlers have about as much talent as my dog. I'm sorry guys but that's truth. In order to be a successful tag team you have to have talent. I mean look at the Hart Foundation; Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart. Both of those guys couldn't talk to save their lives but they were so talented that it didn't matter.

3.) Chemistry. Another problem with throwing two random guys together is the simple fact they don't work well together. All of the teams I mentioned earlier all had another thing in common, they worked extremely well with each other. Would the Steiners made it near as far as they did without chemistry? No.

Well I've probably reiterated what everyone else stated but there's what I think makes a good tag team.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All of those teams had things in common.

MCMG both had fast paced styles and were from Detroit.
    Aries and Roode egos play off each other, but their desire to be the best makes them interesting together.
    Bad Influences have worked together before but now they get more spotlight without AJ and can show off their humor.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Alright, I think it's time we move to the discussion to yet ANOTHER direction. It seems that the majority of you are in agreement about the intangibles that make a tag team work. So, now I want to know if you believe that any tag team on the WWE roster truly meets up to your tag team standards.

I think teams come across as much better if the people thrown together are actually friends backstage. I think it translates better on paper. I mean look at some of WWE's best tag teams:

1.) New Age Outlaws

2.) Dudley Boys

3.) Edge and Christian

4.) Hardy Boyz

5.) DX

6.) Legion of Doom

7.) The Hart Foundation

8.) APA

9.) Paul London and Brian Kendrick

10.) Dirt Sheet Duos
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

One of the big things that makes a tag team is personality. The other being to have a good in-ring presence.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

I'm a traditionalist, I hate super teams that win tag titles. I'd rather a young team form such as Hardyz, E+C, Rockers, among others instead of guys who have had world title reigns in the tag division. So guys like Kaz/Daniels I don't mind being a tag team, but Roode and Aries I do. So when I look back on the greatest tag teams of all-time, you arn't gonna see something stupid like DX on the list or Cena/Batista/Miz/among others. However, I do hate Bad Influence. Not because of them being bad guys or anything. Hell if they were good guys.....I'd still not like them because they continue to ride AJ's coattails.