Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What Makes A Good Tag Team?

When it comes to tag team wrestling, there are plenty of opinions on what makes good tag teams, storylines, etc. But for the WWE, I've noticed that some of the Internet using wrestling fans tend to not like thrown together teams that consist of two singles wrestlers who have had prominence in singles careers. The reason that I saw this seems to be a WWE issue is because some of the most well-known tag teams in TNA, such as Beer Money Inc., Bad Influence, Aries & Roode and the Motor City Machine Guns, tend to be overlooked and are actually praised despite being thrown together teams. So of you're part of the group who doesn't like thrown together teams or any particular way that tag teams carry themselves, why is this the case?

Just what makes a good tag team?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Beer Money Inc., Bad Influence, Aries & Roode and the Motor City Machine Guns
    I agree with you completely about people over looking the fact that these were teams that got thrown together, but the thing is that they may have been thrown together but it worked. The pairs had good in ring chemistry, good back of forth on the mic, even changed up their look a bit to seem like more of a team. They became great because they put the effort in and the company backed them with story work and matches.

WWE on the other hand will throw two guys together and thats it. The pairings rarely match up, they don't make an effort to come across as a team aside from maybe walking to the ring together and their usually given throw away matches to try and make them look credible. Bourne and Kingston, Ziggler and Swagger, Ryder and Santino, Damian and Cody, WWE just takes guys that are popular and stick them together, sure tna does it two but they at least back them up with a worthwhile tag division.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    When it comes to tag team wrestling, there are plenty of opinions on what makes good tag teams, storylines, etc. But for the WWE, I've noticed that some of the Internet using wrestling fans tend to not like thrown together teams that consist of two singles wrestlers who have had prominence in singles careers. The reason that I saw this seems to be a WWE issue is because some of the most well-known tag teams in TNA, such as Beer Money Inc., Bad Influence, Aries & Roode and the Motor City Machine Guns, tend to be overlooked and are actually praised despite being thrown together teams. So of you're part of the group who doesn't like thrown together teams or any particular way that tag teams carry themselves, why is this the case?

Just what makes a good tag team?

My shortest reply ever...

Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Technically, every tag team is thrown together. It's the ones who actually slowly team up as a gradual process and backstory that people don't mind - those TNA teams have been slowly built into teams. Thrown together teams are randomly just placed in teams, no explanation.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Chemistry, as was said above. That's why it's acceptable for some folks to be just thrown together, and some can't be. Personally, at this point, I don't mind it. It generally ends up just being part of a story. Both companies have a craptastic tag-division, so thrown together teams would actually help - in some part- bring attention to it.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Chemistry between both men/women is the pivotal factor for me. If both partners accommodate each other well in their styles, are comfortable with the gimmick they're portraying, are able to work off each other well both in the ring and when it comes to mic work and so on, then they're more likely to be a hit.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    They should focus on building teams together in NXT and if the team works well bring them up together as a team to the main roster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Man View Post
    They should focus on building teams together in NXT and if the team works well bring them up together as a team to the main roster.

A team being successful on a show like NXT has no bearing on their success on the main roster; it can only give a minor bit of exposure to the chemistry between wrestlers. If it did, teams like Curtis/Reks or The Dudebusters would have been welcomed a bit easier. The problem is that in developmental the teams are brought together quickly and taken apart just as swift. How long was British Ambition together before winning the Tag Title tourney? The teams need a bit more exposure in brighter lights to see if they work, but you are right in that they need to test the ideas of potential pairings before they move them to the main show.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    My shortest reply ever...

Chemistry
    This. Simple as that for me.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    This. Simple as that for me.
    Also me and you

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....