Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes, it's one of two states in america that this is true.

Congrats Den Den on the fact that you won. Obviously "accuracy" in statements isn't a consideration since there a 4 states in the US where Pot is "legal" on a state level (California, Washington, Colorado, and now Vermont) but still prosecutable by the federal government - which always trumps state law

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I don't see how anyone could ever hate on Ice Cream & Cake.

This... All of this... I might not like to eat "sweets" but you can't hate on these two things.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    Congrats Den, you've come on quite a bit since your 'diner days.'

I was going to say since the Hashtag days, but this works too...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Can I nominate myself for keeping my "sentences per post" average to fewer than 7 for the month of June?

BTW, thanks for the nod, Grind

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Actually DRG you are wrong. over a dozen states allow medical marijuana use but only 2 allow recreational use as we were talking about.

I'd post a link to my source but then it would be moderated.

Edit: Your trumps state law thing is non unique as well. Obama said he wouldn't go after states that decided it was ok.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Actually DRG you are wrong. over a dozen states allow medical marijuana use but only 2 allow recreational use as we were talking about.

Edit: Your trumps state law thing is non unique as well. Obama said he wouldn't go after states that decided it was ok.
    I forgot to mention thanks for the congrats as well.
    #TeamGeeky

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000881

Let's see if I get modded for that. 18 states that allow medical marijuana, Den Den... Perhaps I should have posted it in a "clearer fashion" as I know you tend to get lost in these conversations. There are 17 states to "de-criminalize" personal marijuana use (mostly for possession of under an ounce). This does not make possession "legal" by state law, but makes it a finable offense as opposed to facing jail time. Also, it is only "legal" to purchased "taxable" marijuana in the state of Washington, meaning that if you don't have the tax stamp, you are still in possession of an illegal substance. This is something they are working the kinks out of since open field growing of the crop isn't allowed and the dispensaries they are currently developing still do not have the permits to actually dispense the product to their customers without facing prosecution for trafficking.

All for not - this still means that your "2 states that pot is legal" remains an inaccurate statement. Regardless of what Obama "said" (I can list MANY things that he has said that have yet to come to fruition) you are still subject to the guidelines of the DEA in your area. If a person who has, grows, and distributes pot also distributes other narcotics, the DEA has the lawful right to prosecute them for the marijuana found on premises as well as the narcotics they are originally searching for as, like stated before, federal law trumps state law. This also goes for those in who are caught with a half ounce of pot and say, 2 xanax that aren't their perscription. If found in with these, the law enforcement agent (not city cops but more your Sheriffs, Constables, or State Troopers) have the right to charge you with ALL items in your are found with

I forgot to mention thanks for the congrats as well.

And I was sincere with my congratulations to you Denny; a nice, easy going cat like yourself is an ideal representative of what this contest should be about.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 06-09-2013 at 08:41 PM.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    The rumour that posting links leads to automatically moderated posts is greatly exaggerated. But thanks for spreading misinformation Denniskg88 LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The rumour that posting links leads to automatically moderated posts is greatly exaggerated. But thanks for spreading misinformation Denniskg88 LOL
    I have only been moderated when I post links. I did say it would moderate me, I should have said it could moderate me... Sorry for that miss wording. I was just trying to get around having to go ask for a moderator to approve my post... I know it doesn't bug you guys but it kind of makes me feel like a pest haha.

DRG fair point about the pot laws. Even that being said 4 states puts washington as only 8 percent of the country that is ok with it. Also, if Obama says that they won't prosecute people in states that it's legal in... I kind of think that federal employees won't disobey him. They haven't yet to my knowledge, at least in Washington.

Also thanks for the nice comments about my character.
    Last edited by Dennis; 06-10-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    We quite officially have a new Google.

DRG fair point about the pot laws. Even that being said 4 states puts washington as only 8 percent of the country that is ok with it. Also, if Obama says that they won't prosecute people in states that it's legal in... I kind of think that federal employees won't disobey him. They haven't yet to my knowledge, at least in Washington.

Also thanks for the nice comments about my character.

If 18 states have de-criminalized pot, your state would be one of 36% of 50 United States that have passed laws signifying are okay with personal possession of pot; quit trying to make your state seem greater than it really is Den Den

And just because Obama said that they wouldn't go after the STATE that passed the law does not mean that the law officials won't go after YOU who is caught with the product (I am not saying you, due to the fact that I know you don't smoke; just a generalization). Now if the case were to go up past the civil and into a federal court, all the way into the hands of the Supreme Court, the decision would lay in the hands of one of nine people to pass judgment - Hint... None of them are named Obama.

http://www.factmonster.com/us/suprem...t-members.html

These people have the right to make the federal ruling on your case; to determine if the crime you are charged with will be upheld based upon the decision made on a state level or if the Federal Laws applied will be applicable in your case. According to the track record of the Supreme Court system though, they tend to side with Federal Laws over state issued ones. The ONE point going for the person in something like this will be that the majority of these cases will never see the light of day in a courtroom, yet my point still remains that just because your state says "go ahead, it's okay with us" doesn't mean that the feds don't have the right to rule your case based upon Federal Law, which still qualifies Marijuana as a Class 2 Narcotic.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Just received the shirt for this contest. Pretty sweet!
    #TeamGeeky