Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's certainly not as extreme as it once was. At least we don't have Starcade or Brawl for All! I prefer MITB over ER anyways.

Cheers mate,
    MB

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Get rid of ER and bring back King of the Ring with the winner getting a title shot at Summerslam.
    What he said!!

Extreme rules is the biggest anti climax to all wwe ppv's ....I agree with some who think the ppv should get replaced I say with the king of the ring .. I was a massive ecw fan and have a stern video collection tht 1 day I will show my kids .. But seriously if religous folk are watching wwe there hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by walldo 3:16 View Post
    Extreme rules is the biggest anti climax to all wwe ppv's ....I agree with some who think the ppv should get replaced I say with the king of the ring .. I was a massive ecw fan and have a stern video collection tht 1 day I will show my kids .. But seriously if religous folk are watching wwe there hypocrites
    I have an issue with this. I'm a Christian (not one of those senseless extremists) and I love wrestling. How does that make me a hypocrite?
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Quote Originally Posted by walldo 3:16 View Post
    I can't let this turd of a comment go unchallenged. Why does watching WWE as a religious person make me a hypocrite? Was the eleventh commandment "thou shalt not watch wrestling!"? Does Mark 3:11 say "he who watches wrestling shall be condemned to hell."? Hell no. Pro wrestling and therefore all​ WWE's content is simulated/fake/pretend/make-believe/choreographed/scripted/an illusion. It's entertainment and quite frankly most religions are too busy condemning sex, alcohol and bacon (thank God I'm Christian and get the last two guilt free!) to worry about what people watch on TV.
    Personally, I think anyone who complains about something they've seen on TV, especially post watershed, needs a slap. If violence offends you, don't watch a program you know is all about fighting. If sex offends you, don't watch Sex and the City, you'll have a bad time. If drugs offend you, watch Simpsons reruns because Breaking Bad ain't for you. Don't complain about it because you're unable to look away/change channel/leave the room/turn off the TV/close your eyes, plug your ears and sing "la la la I'm not listening!"

ON topic: I'd like to see Extreme Rules changed too, not to King of the Ring, I'd put that later in the year, but to something like Unforgiven. I like the idea that feuds from Wrestlemania can be resolved at the next PPV. This year we'd have Big Show vs Sheamus/Orton, Ryback vs Henry 2 and Wade Barret vs The Miz to add to the card and​ we'd have had at least a month to build to them so the matches would feel like they mattered.

Divas to believe in.

Unpopular opinion, but I think WWE needs to go a little more extreme. Look I'm all for wrestlers safety and keeping them around as long as possible, however I feel cheated with most feuds because the ending isn't extreme enough to warrant the intensity of the feud. I mean look at the end of HHH vs HBK in 2005 in a Hell in a Cell match. It was a bloody contest that left me thinking these guys legitimately hated each other, look at what they just put themselves through. Then you have feuds like Sheamus vs Big Show end with little to no resolution. Same with Ryback vs The Shield. Henry vs Big Show from 2011-12. I feel like all these feuds, since they were built up as pure hatred, should have an exclamation point to cap them off. Just one man's opinion though.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I think WWE needs to go a little more extreme. Look I'm all for wrestlers safety and keeping them around as long as possible, however I feel cheated with most feuds because the ending isn't extreme enough to warrant the intensity of the feud. I mean look at the end of HHH vs HBK in 2005 in a Hell in a Cell match. It was a bloody contest that left me thinking these guys legitimately hated each other, look at what they just put themselves through. Then you have feuds like Sheamus vs Big Show end with little to no resolution. Same with Ryback vs The Shield. Henry vs Big Show from 2011-12. I feel like all these feuds, since they were built up as pure hatred, should have an exclamation point to cap them off. Just one man's opinion though.
    I agree with you 100%. Superb post. The likes of Lesnar v HHH should have some real feeling about it. Let's be honest a former UFC Champ and known for being destructive against HHH know for his Sledgehammer and all out attitude to win at any cost and there won't be any added spice? Doesn't make sense......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Agreed. I don't want to see extreme rules matches every week, but some times a feud could use a little blood, or extra violence to show the hate they have for each other. For example I believe Triple H Vs Randy Orton at Wrestlemania needed to be bloody, it needed to be hardcore because all of the stuff prior to the match called for those two to try and kill each other. Also I hate the Hell in a Cell PPV I always feel the Hell in a Cell is a match that should be brought only when a feud calls for it, and that it should be a match that is hardcore and violent. But otherwise I don't need to see bloody violent matches every week, and I'll take a great technical match, over a hardcore street fight any day. But sometimes it wouldn't hurt to get a little extreme.

Look at my username. I think they should bring it all back. I understand why chairshots aren't used anymore after the whole Benoit incident but I believe they could sure bring back a hardcore division and more brutal matches.
    2011 Prediction Contest: 4th, 2012 Prediction Contest: 11th, 2013 Prediction Contest: 4th

I do love the occasional "Holy Shit!" Moment. But that's how I like it, otherwise It would be routine. However I heard that WWE insures their wrestlers... So Vinnie Mack probably doesn't like shelling out injury $'s. That and his stars retiring early due to neck and back injuries ( SCSA, Edge and likely Rey Mysterio soon)