Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    If he can't speak English after 2 years in the WWE (I mean, not even a few words), then what hope is there? It seems like a massive lack of commitment and effort to me.
    I'm just inferring here, but i think he can speak some English, he may not be fluent but I'm almost certain he can speak some.

Look at Yoshi Tatsu who reportedly can speak good English but he doesn't portray it on screen, and I'm sure i've seen some of Sin cara's tweets posted on the new sites, and they were in English.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    I'm just inferring here, but i think he can speak some English, he may not be fluent but I'm almost certain he can speak some.

Look at Yoshi Tatsu who reportedly can speak good English but he doesn't portray it on screen, and I'm sure i've seen some of Sin cara's tweets posted on the new sites, and they were in English.
    If he can speak a little English then why haven't we seen it on screen? They're worried about how he's not connecting with the audience, the fact that he can't speak the language is arguably the main factor he's not connecting with people. Even in those backstage promos with Mysterio, Mysterio had to translate what Cara was saying.

And honestly, I don't think he writes those tweets himself.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Considering how big Mistico is/was in Mexico, I don't think he has to worry about going back and people not being receptive towards him anymore. He was probably the biggest draw when he was there and if anything they'll just blame the WWE for him doing so badly.

I don't want to see him as a giant killer. If you want to put on a match between two guys that can do flippy moves, that's fine... but I really don't want to see a tiny dude taking down a big guy with blatantly 'fake' flippy moves. I get that wrestling isn't real but wrestling is at its best when there's a degree of realism to it. I wouldn't miss Sin Success if he never showed up on TV again to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossclowned12 View Post
    I don't know how much a heel turn and mouthpiece would do to salvage Sin Cara. Him skipping over FCW and going straight into the "big" leagues sure didn't help either. WWE should have taken their time with Mistico and had him at least learn some English and adjust to the "WWE" style after 15 years of pure lucha libre.
    Basically. This.

Nothing is really wrong with Sin Cara, outside of the fact he speaks little to no English and was basically put on the roster without learning how to work with the rest of the boys. WWE shot themselves in the foot with him.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    You really want people to hate him as a heel have him join Zeb Coulter and Jack Swagger "turning" against his people ala Sgt Slaughter back in the day

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    I don't see the need for a heel turn. Doesn't fit his style, he never was a rudo. And I don't think he's beyond salvaging. Let him wrestle a few matches on NXT against guys that can work with him. Then let him have a respect-feud with Rey Mysterio and/or throw him in a few matches that let him get a few spots in (Money in the bank, etc.). If he doesn't botch half of it, he'll be okay. If he can pull of a three month botch free period, he'll be okay.

Biggest problem in this equation is Sin Cara, I believe. I feel he's complacent and does not strive to better himself.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

I think getting injured so often is what is killing his WWE run. Plus, given his style, there aren't too many guys who can go out and have a good match with the Botchmaster. There are no short term fixes to the long term problem. He simply hasn't caught on like they thought he would. Cut your losses, lick your wounds and wish him well on his future endeavors.

Earlier this year or before that, I did a booking blog featuring Sin Cara vs Mysterio having Sin Cara turn on Mysterio for a while. Join the likes of Primo and Epico. Have them talk for him.....Mysterio/Sin Cara really didn't team that much to really give him the rub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    If he can speak a little English then why haven't we seen it on screen? They're worried about how he's not connecting with the audience, the fact that he can't speak the language is arguably the main factor he's not connecting with people. Even in those backstage promos with Mysterio, Mysterio had to translate what Cara was saying.

And honestly, I don't think he writes those tweets himself.
    That's the thing i'm just inferring, I don't see how it is possible for him to live in a country for a prolonged period of time without picking up at least a little of the language, I think it's supposed to be part of his gimmick, like a 'Man of Mystery', and if that is the case his gimmick needs changing up.