Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Salvaging Sin Cara

I was just reading how WWE is disappointed in Sin Cara not catching on like they hoped. How could you not be less than impressed with his underwhelming run since debuting in WWE? It's been one comedic error after another, except not funny haha. I mean, how do you push someone who never talks?

The only answer is: as a heel and with a manager. If WWE wants to salvage anything from Sin Disasta, they could at least give this a shot. But who would manage him? Heyman? No, they're not suited. Mr.Fuji? Maybe 25 years ago. Teddy Long? No way playa! But wait...hang on a second. Teddy Long you say? (well, you didn't but I did) Off the top of my head, I sense there could be a great double heel turn here. Here's how it would play out....

Teddy gets real sick of Booker's shit and snaps. Teddy gives a good slapping to Booker's old mate, Rey Mysterio in an angle almost sure not to aggravate Teddy's "heart condition" or Rey's fragile knees. Cara comes to make the save for his masked little buddy....but wait! No! He's beating Mysterio!!! Somebody get some help in here!!

Bingo bango - Teddy becomes Cara's mouthpiece and they set Sin Cara up as the "evil" giant killer, taking down guys like Sheamus, Kane, Brodus Clay and finally taking the streak from Undertaker at WM30. Ok so maybe not that last one, but if I were WWE, I'd try this. It can't possibly hurt.

I don't know how much a heel turn and mouthpiece would do to salvage Sin Cara. Him skipping over FCW and going straight into the "big" leagues sure didn't help either. WWE should have taken their time with Mistico and had him at least learn some English and adjust to the "WWE" style after 15 years of pure lucha libre.

I was thinking of this earlier, actually. Well for one, they shouldn't have cut the feud so short with Sin Cara Negro when they were running the "Evil" Sin Cara thing...Back when people actually cared about him in a good way. I think that would have made a big difference.

But as for now, I agree with the OP about heel turnin and standin with a manager. Just stick him with someone else of the same descent just because I think it would mesh well (I could be using the wrong explanation there, having trouble finding what I want to say.) Maybe a woman mouthpiece type of thing, It kinda just jumped to me as a joke halfway in my head when thinking of former Hispanic stars, but the first that came to me...Could Tito Santana talk walk well? If so, the whole "Legend turning his back during his return" thing could may be wonderful here...

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bingo bango - Teddy becomes Cara's mouthpiece and they set Sin Cara up as the "evil" giant killer, taking down guys like Sheamus, Kane, Brodus Clay and finally taking the streak from Undertaker at WM30. Ok so maybe not that last one, but if I were WWE, I'd try this. It can't possibly hurt.
    I say since day one that Sin Cara unfortunately does not fit in the WWE and will not stay longer than 1 or 2 years. Perhaps a heel turn with obviously a manager can save him, I don't know, but seriously trying to make him a giant killer is a joke and won't work. I hope it won't happen. the guy has been unsuccesful since day one so if they want to repackage him, they should do it but as a midcard and not a giant killer or something, it would be a failure

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    I was thinking of this earlier, actually. Well for one, they shouldn't have cut the feud so short with Sin Cara Negro when they were running the "Evil" Sin Cara thing...Back when people actually cared about him in a good way. I think that would have made a big difference.

But as for now, I agree with the OP about heel turnin and standin with a manager. Just stick him with someone else of the same descent just because I think it would mesh well (I could be using the wrong explanation there, having trouble finding what I want to say.) Maybe a woman mouthpiece type of thing, It kinda just jumped to me as a joke halfway in my head when thinking of former Hispanic stars, but the first that came to me...Could Tito Santana talk walk well? If so, the whole "Legend turning his back during his return" thing could may be wonderful here...
    Tito could not talk well at all.

Tito could not talk well at all.
    Hm, makes sense kinda looking back at his somewhat uneventful career. I got it though, sure its different from the savage style of character with Umaga, but, My name is...Armandooooo! Alejandrooooo! Estradaaaaa!

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Abraham Washington would have been great. Vickie would have....but not now

I was just reading how WWE is disappointed in Sin Cara not catching on like they hoped. How could you not be less than impressed with his underwhelming run since debuting in WWE? It's been one comedic error after another, except not funny haha. I mean, how do you push someone who never talks?

The only answer is: as a heel and with a manager. If WWE wants to salvage anything from Sin Disasta, they could at least give this a shot. But who would manage him? Heyman? No, they're not suited. Mr.Fuji? Maybe 25 years ago. Teddy Long? No way playa! But wait...hang on a second. Teddy Long you say? (well, you didn't but I did) Off the top of my head, I sense there could be a great double heel turn here. Here's how it would play out....

Teddy gets real sick of Booker's shit and snaps. Teddy gives a good slapping to Booker's old mate, Rey Mysterio in an angle almost sure not to aggravate Teddy's "heart condition" or Rey's fragile knees. Cara comes to make the save for his masked little buddy....but wait! No! He's beating Mysterio!!! Somebody get some help in here!!

Definitely a manager It's hard to get over with a crowed when you can't speak English well & your facial expressions are covered
    Being Gay Doesn't Mean You can't watch wrestling, It just means we enjoy watching it more

What I'll say is put him into development, have Rey work with him, then when he is ready bring him up but put a different mask on and call him something else, most of the crowd won't know the difference, and it'll erase his past mistakes from his record.

Blog Entries
    If he can't speak English after 2 years in the WWE (I mean, not even a few words), then what hope is there? It seems like a massive lack of commitment and effort to me.

The only way to save this guy is to send him packing back to Mexico, where he better hope he doesn't return as joke who failed in America.

If you're insisting on a mouthpiece, I like the Teddy Long idea. T-Lo's been irrelevant for a while, so this would be interesting for both men.
    I also like the idea of Armando Estrada managing him.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!