Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Again, this goes back to what I was saying about WWE not being able to navigate such a thing. Us knowing that not all gay dudes are effeminate won't stop Vince from putting them in stereotypically gay garb and not handling the subject matter with the sensitivity it deserves. If he's going to make gayness a focal point of a character, he's for sure going to beat us over the head with said gayness; it's what he does.
    Vince doesn't really know any other way with a gimmick other than making it totally OTT and ramming it down peoples throats.

Hey maybe it would work......

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Vince doesn't really know any other way with a gimmick other than making it totally OTT and ramming it down peoples throats.

Hey maybe it would work......
    Robstar, ladies and gentleman. He'll be here all week.

Try the fish.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    *takes a bow*

The thing I didn't mind about Orlando was that it was a natural extension of his actual self. I think it's a shame he seems to have been driven into opening a wrestling school in some bumfuck of a town. But I guess once you've come that far out, it's never a choice to go back in and tone it down. Mind you, any other type of person might be able to reinvent themselves successfully - a fat white man can go from being a Tugboat to a Typhoon to a Shockmaster and it's all peachy keen. But the minute you ask the stupid wrestling public to admire an openly gay character and they don't want a bar of it. Can't handle it. It's just too unreal. Too foreign. Hard to swallow.

All week.

I don't see the win for the WWE. Sure, they can claim that they have "gay" wrestlers on their show, but it would still be in question as to the authenticity of their "gayness" as it is scripted programming. What you are looking for would best be suited for a wrestler to come out in public forum as authentically being homosexual. Even at this point, the likelihood of it taking place would most likely occur after said athlete's career; coming out during their career could be damaging for the probability of being cornered into a specific role that couldn't be broken from. I'm pretty sure Chris Kanyon had this same problem which is what he claimed to help segregate him from the populous of the WWE locker room. Once it was known that he was into men, it seems as if his downward spiral leading to his tragic suicide began acceleration into his life’s final plunge.

Sure, I can see what you are saying in theory, but I don't think that "faking gay" on a television show known for its outrageous storylines would give the desired result you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I don't see the win for the WWE. Sure, they can claim that they have "gay" wrestlers on their show, but it would still be in question as to the authenticity of their "gayness" as it is scripted programming. What you are looking for would best be suited for a wrestler to come out in public forum as authentically being homosexual. Even at this point, the likelihood of it taking place would most likely occur after said athlete's career; coming out during their career could be damaging for the probability of being cornered into a specific role that couldn't be broken from. I'm pretty sure Chris Kanyon had this same problem which is what he claimed to help segregate him from the populous of the WWE locker room. Once it was known that he was into men, it seems as if his downward spiral leading to his tragic suicide began acceleration into his life’s final plunge.

Sure, I can see what you are saying in theory, but I don't think that "faking gay" on a television show known for its outrageous storylines would give the desired result you are looking for.
    ^ Absolutely all of this.

I don't want to see a "gay storyline" because 1) I can't stand relationship storylines in wrestling (the whole thing with AJ has just been icky) and 2) I'd much rather see an openly gay but not allowing it to drive his existence wrestler. Orlando Jordan in TNA annoyed me because his entire personality boiled down to "Look at me I like cock!" (something I can't stand equally in "Look at me I like vagina!" types) and it gets boring really quickly. I do think there's a lot of potential in addressing homosexuality as part of wrestling but most of what I can think of is Chuck and Billy or Mickie and Trish type stuff, none of which is particularly positive.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    You want a homosexual wrestler? Have you not heard of John Cena?

Being Gay Doesn't Mean You can't watch wrestling, It just means we enjoy watching it more

That's not creepy at all. No i don't think it will ever happen, but if it does it would have to be someone that's gay in real life.

Blog Entries
    No chance of this happening anytime soon.
    For starters, do you really think that Vince would be able to contain himself in doing this? No. He'd go over the top and make it a joke.
    That leads to my second point; this gimmick/storyline would be nothing more than a comedy thing in WWE. I can't see Vince putting this in a legit serious main event storyline.
    Also, I don't know of any mainstream openly gay wrestlers. Orlando Jordan is the biggest star that I know of who's openly come out as bisexual, other than that, I don't know of any. And I think for this kind of storyline/gimmick, the people involved would have to be gay themselves.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    Hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post

*insert rimshot*

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone