Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Update on post-WrestleMania roster cuts

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...aggers-gimmick

-- Lots of
    WWE talents are nervous about post-WrestleMania releases. With the talk of new content for the proposed WWE Network, such as the possible show on cruiserweight talent, the company feels like they may soon need as many bodies as possible. Guys like The Uso’s, JTG, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio and several Divas are believed to be on the “endangered species” list but the company is hesitant to release them because they could end up heavily featured on the Divas or Cruiserweight shows if the WWE Network ever gets off the ground. Nonetheless, there are expected to be releases coming shortly. WWE holds WrestleManiafollowed by a European tour every year. Following the European tour when everyone returns home, the releases are expected to take place. There weren't any major "spring cleaning" cuts last year due in part to Linda McMahon's senate campaign. The motto of her campaign was that she was a "job creator" and WWE didn't want to give her opponents an easy target by firing numerous talents. We shall see if cuts occur this year.

I know that it's usually lesser-used Superstars who are targeted for release, but there is usually a shocking name and here's a hint: he's a second-generation wrestler.

Blog Entries
    Hilariously the main page has them listed as "engendered" species. LOL

Speaking of which, here's a recent blog that I did on this very same subject:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...Chopping-Block

I sincerely doubt they're going to get rid of Orton or Rhodes, so what second-gen stars does that leave? DiBiase? Would that even be shocking?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

I wouldn't mind if Ted DiBiase or David Otunga got released.

I don't have anything against either of them, but Ted and Otunga have the least to lose in the event of a release. Ted DiBiase will be "Ted DiBiase", and David Otunga will always be David Otunga no matter where he goes. A guy like Zack Ryder would have to get a new name or use his real name, and thus is stuck having to start over from scratch. Without the "Zack Ryder" persona, the guy has no name value and it would hurt his prospects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...aggers-gimmick

-- Lots of
    WWE talents are nervous about post-WrestleMania releases. With the talk of new content for the proposed WWE Network, such as the possible show on cruiserweight talent, the company feels like they may soon need as many bodies as possible. Guys like The Uso’s, JTG, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio and several Divas are believed to be on the “endangered species” list but the company is hesitant to release them because they could end up heavily featured on the Divas or Cruiserweight shows if the WWE Network ever gets off the ground. Nonetheless, there are expected to be releases coming shortly. WWE holds WrestleManiafollowed by a European tour every year. Following the European tour when everyone returns home, the releases are expected to take place. There weren't any major "spring cleaning" cuts last year due in part to Linda McMahon's senate campaign. The motto of her campaign was that she was a "job creator" and WWE didn't want to give her opponents an easy target by firing numerous talents. We shall see if cuts occur this year.

I know that it's usually lesser-used Superstars who are targeted for release, but there is usually a shocking name and here's a hint: he's a second-generation wrestler.

Orton and DiBiase is a 3rd Gen, Cody is the only big name 2nd gen.... It doubtful any of the 3 will get released due the ties they have.... Only way they will be gone if they would quit, or get fired for violation of the Wellness policy... So I don't think we'll see a big surprise cut... Rey Mysterio at the best would be a surprise due to his injuries and his demands(from what i read)...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Well from what I have read, Cody Rhodes is very frustrated with the way he has been booked as of late.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...s-job-security

It wouldn't surprise me if his release was one that he requested just like Chavo Guerrero's.

yawn roster cut thread. we get these every mouth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    yawn roster cut thread. we get these every mouth.
    What gets in every mouth? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What gets in every mouth? lol

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...ling-storyline

Sorry... Couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone