Blog Entries

Dana White's Wrestlemania Challenge

There are reports circulating that Dana White is already planning on going head to head with Vince McMahon and promote a UFC event on the night of Wrestlemania 30. Interesting.

My feeling is that by that time, UFC will be more popular than ever and will definetly make a success of this. The question is - why? It's not like Dana's looking at competing with WWE or driving them out of business. Maybe he's so pissed off at all the Lesnar/Wrestlemania ridiculum and has percieved Vince as the orchestrating culprit of the matter that he has a grudge now?

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I really don't think Dana has an axe to grind with Vince since he says he admires him. Furthermore, I think it is laughable to put a UFC event on the same night as a Wrestlemania! Hell, there are MANY wrestling/MMA fans out there including myself but why choose the biggest wrestling PPV of the year? I would say to choose a less popular PPV if Dana truly wants to derail Vince.

Blog Entries
    I don't order any WWE PPV's. Or TNA's PPVs for that matter.
    BUT I do splurge at Wrestlemania and order.
    And I know ALOT of other people who do the same cuz it's Wrestlemania.
    And unless Dana White has some type of f**king super card planned, and when I say super I'm talking like EVERY MATCH has to be can't miss, I'll be ordering Wrestlemania 30
    UWA Presents:
    The Final Show in all of UWA History!
    Live this Saturday October 6, 2012
    From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan

Theme: "Still Swinging" by Papa Roach

Blog Entries
    I fail to see the point really. Why do it on the same day?

Blog Entries
    Dammit Rob I just read the story on Wiki! You beat me to making a thread of this! Oh well.
    I think Dana is doing a big UFC PPV on the same night at WM to get back at Vince. Like WWE brags alot about how their an entertainment juggernaut, and are better than this show, and that show..well I think that by WM 30, Dana will be doing something similar. He will be trying to compete with Vince. I hope WM doesn't drop because UFC PPVs are known to get huge buys, and if its at the same time at WM, then I think WM numbers are going be drastically reduced. Hopefully the new fans in the WWE(kids) will be in large enough numbers to still get WM a big buyrate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Dammit Rob I just read the story on Wiki! You beat me to making a thread of this!
    I must have a Wiki blindness because I can't find this story. Could you provide a link please?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    I must have a Wiki blindness because I can't find this story. Could you provide a link please?
    "On January 12, 2011 Dana White told reporters that UFC Champion would not be competing at WWE's Wrestlemania 27 and was then quoted say that he intends to run a huge UFC event on the night of Wrestlemania 30. If reports are accurate this would be the first time in 17 years that the WWE's yearly extravaganza would be challenged by another promoter, a move that many consider could spell demise for either brands buy-rates."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_White