Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hmm good topic, I have three choices of who could be the next guy, Cody Rhodes, Alex Riley, and Zack Ryder and let me explain why.
    1. Rhodes has a special look to him he's young and willing to learn and improve where it is needed and no matter what he said it himself he is a company man.
    2. Riley is one of the most over guys today and he's hardly even seen on tv. As soon as his music hits the crowd goes nuts everytime. He has the look and he's okay on the mic. I haven't seen anybody get over with the crowd the way he does with the amount of tv time he's given.
    3. And finally Ryder is fucking a great guy. He made that gimmick way better than it was ever imagined to be. He got himself over with the crowd when management had nothing to do with him. He has a great size and is decent on the mic. All three of these guys I believe just need the right push and good gimmick and they can be the GUY IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    And finally Ryder is fucking a great guy. He made that gimmick way better than it was ever imagined to be. He got himself over with the crowd when management had nothing to do with him. He has a great size and is decent on the mic. All three of these guys I believe just need the right push and good gimmick and they can be the GUY IMO.
    Zack Ryder is gay? Not only do you know he is fucking a great guy, but he also has a great size aswell?!?
    Aha, I'm sorry about that. Not trying to make fun of you, I just saw it and I had to point it out. It's so funny. Haha

Anyway, I think there are a few options for face of the company. My choices would be The Miz, Cody Rhodes or Daniel Bryan. All 3 are awesome. With all The Miz's work he does outside the ring and the movies he's been shooting could indicate WWE have big plans for him.

Cody Rhodes is still very young and he's been in the WWE for about 5-6 years already. Cody could definitely be an option for the face of the company if WWE book him right.

Daniel Bryan is my 3rd choice only because he seems like someone families and children could get behind and if WWE are serious about family programming it could be good to build a company around someone like him.

While i agree that Roman reigns has the size and build to be a top player, i dont think we've seen enough to say he may be the next face of the company. Along with the fact that he's part of a stable, i think we'll really get a clearer picture when The Shield have split and go their separate ways so we can see what they can do on their own.

Its very hard to say who will be though. Did anyone predict John Cena would be the next face of the company when he first debuted? I think Miz could be a transitional face of the company. The next face of the company is likely to be in NXT, not sure who though
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Blog Entries
    Cody Rodes I think has a shout. He has the name, the marketable look, the skill and so on, and he's young.

Now John Cena is 36 years old, giving him about 5 years left I'd say. Ryback is 31, meaning that he'll be 36 by the time Cena retires (at a guess), so that gives Ryback about 5 years as the top guy, unless Cena steps down before then.

Big E is 27, which means he has a better chance at being 'the man' IMO.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I think it will be someone in the next 2-3years that comes in fresh... noone on the roster.

I'm guessing they've got a couple of people they are developing to come in challenge Cena and go oh so close from nowhere - just like Cena v Angle.

When Ziggler went solo v Batista I was hoping his push would continue but didn't unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Big E is 27, which means he has a better chance at being 'the man' IMO.
    Big E is really a future Mark Henry if you think about it. He'll be spouting, "That's what I do!" in about 10 years.

Dean Ambrose, imo, has the skills to take the spotlight.

Thanks,
    MB

Blog Entries
    FANDANGO? As much as I want this to work out long term for Mr. Curtis I do not see this persona lasting long enough to get him up to "Cena" level..we have to face it the Fanny character has just about to ride its 15 mins into the sunset...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    FANDANGO? As much as I want this to work out long term for Mr. Curtis I do not see this persona lasting long enough to get him up to "Cena" level..we have to face it the Fanny character has just about to ride its 15 mins into the sunset...
    I think any of those (myself included) who have mentioned Fandango in this discussion, are referring to the man - Johnny Curtis as a potential face of the company, not his character Fandango. Meaning, we all know a narcasistic ballroom dancer won't replace John Cena if he remains a narcasistic ballroom dancer forever. Like many others before him (Kane: Dentist, Cena: Rapper Ziggler: Cheerleader/Caddy), he'll eventually drop the gimmick and move onto something more main-event worthy.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Rhodes most def- a few years ago- great wrestler but not ready to be the man- but he has come along pretty great. WWE just needs to actually give him THE PUSH that pushes him to the top.

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    I think any of those (myself included) who have mentioned Fandango in this discussion, are referring to the man - Johnny Curtis as a potential face of the company, not his character Fandango. Meaning, we all know a narcasistic ballroom dancer won't replace John Cena if he remains a narcasistic ballroom dancer forever. Like many others before him (Kane: Dentist, Cena: Rapper Ziggler: Cheerleader/Caddy), he'll eventually drop the gimmick and move onto something more main-event worthy.
    Well said- and I agree. Some have overcome their crappy gimmicks to move on to great things. Of course the opposite has happened too

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young