Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    This seems like a double standard. Last year everyone was complaining about Punk not being in the main event because he was champion and part timers taking over. Taker comes back and now that Cena is champion you want Taker to main event, plus they are trying to build up their full time roster with Ryback.
    I actually didn't complain about Punk not closing the show. I have always thought John Cena in most cases should close out the show because he's the poster boy, he's the one that gets the biggest crowd reaction. The difference to me at least with the this weeks raw was that he wasn't the guy who gained the most reaction. The Undertaker is a bigger name than John Cena and he was apart of arguably the best match on raw this year in which he put over 3 main event caliber wrestlers with by losing with 2 other former world champions cleanly. John Cena was just apart of some super cliche' promo that we have seen constantly that doesn't really make you want to tune in anymore next week than it would have done at any other time of the show. I once heard Kevin Nash say that having the bad guy close the show on top is a better way to make people want to tune in for the next weeks show because they want to see how the good guy can get back at the bad guy... a la Shield Beating taker/team hell no... whereas John Cena's feud feels like he's in the drivers seat...
    #BeJelly


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Before I state my opinion on this matter I do want to say I was confused on why the "main event match" didn't close the show for Monday night raw...

    That being said, I think they are just keeping the WWE title picture/ Biggest star... as the closer of the show.
    Um...John Cena is the main event. Doesn't matter if its one of his matches or one of his promos. Its gonna be the main event

    What is sad, Cena actually doesn't wrestle all that much on Raw- with him its mostly promos

    Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"


    ^
    ah, Renee Young


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I actually didn't complain about Punk not closing the show. I have always thought John Cena in most cases should close out the show because he's the poster boy, he's the one that gets the biggest crowd reaction. The difference to me at least with the this weeks raw was that he wasn't the guy who gained the most reaction. The Undertaker is a bigger name than John Cena and he was apart of arguably the best match on raw this year in which he put over 3 main event caliber wrestlers with by losing with 2 other former world champions cleanly. John Cena was just apart of some super cliche' promo that we have seen constantly that doesn't really make you want to tune in anymore next week than it would have done at any other time of the show. I once heard Kevin Nash say that having the bad guy close the show on top is a better way to make people want to tune in for the next weeks show because they want to see how the good guy can get back at the bad guy... a la Shield Beating taker/team hell no... whereas John Cena's feud feels like he's in the drivers seat...
    As with most of his feuds

    Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"


    ^
    ah, Renee Young


  4. #24
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    As with most of his feuds
    Exactly and that's fine. I just don't get the purpose of having him close the show if he's unbeatable. I always look at WWE like I look at other tv shows and not like I look at other sports. If I watch a tv show I want my favorite characters to succeed but if there isn't any suspense I probably won't watch weekly... Sure in sports I want to see my favorite teams go undefeated but most sports are real... they have the suspense already. We all know that WWE creative could make John Cena go undefeated for the rest of the year but what kind of story does that tell? A boring one. That's why if you want people to tune in the next week you end the show with a bad guy on top... or at least a more epic success for the good guy. Ryback has done nothing as a heel that scares me. They did nothing to keep me in suspense for next week. Will I watch next week, yea because they do put on a quality product all together... I just won't be amp'ed up for it as I would if they had something unique happen. I wouldn't leave my friends alone about watching the week after mania... Dolph Ziggler won the case and Ryback heel turned to close the show... I could not wait for the next weeks raw. This week I'm like, ok raw is going to come on and I'm going to watch it. I won't bug my friends about it because I'm not that excited for it.
    #BeJelly


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Fair enough, each to his/her own. IMO, anything regarding the main title or title feud should always close the show, regardless of if it's a match or not. I couldn't care less if it's a match that ends a show or not. as long as the main title is the focus of the main event segment, I'm set.

    Taker's a part timer. People complaining that he's not in the main event and at the same time complaining that Rock, Lesnar etc are in the main event is hypocritical. That's just a fact to me.
    1st match in 3 years or not, I fail to see why that means he should be in the main event.

    There is a huge difference to between Undertaker main eventing 1 of the 52 raws in a year & brock & Rock leaving for 9 months & main eventing the biggest show of the year
    Being Gay Doesn't Mean You can't watch wrestling, It just means we enjoy watching it more

  6. #26
    Fresh Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by StonEnigma View Post
    There is a huge difference to between Undertaker main eventing 1 of the 52 raws in a year & brock & Rock leaving for 9 months & main eventing the biggest show of the year
    You say that like Undertaker didn't have a main event match at 'mania this year...
    STOP...
    ​Hammock Time!

  7. #27
    Super Member Rockstar83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where Ever I Am Currently
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by StonEnigma View Post
    Why do they always finish on some kind of promo even if there is physicality it's no way to end a show
    Because Vince Said So.

    I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by butch magnus View Post
    You say that like Undertaker didn't have a main event match at 'mania this year...
    Um I didn't say that at all, I didn't even imply it
    Being Gay Doesn't Mean You can't watch wrestling, It just means we enjoy watching it more

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Fair enough, each to his/her own. IMO, anything regarding the main title or title feud should always close the show, regardless of if it's a match or not. I couldn't care less if it's a match that ends a show or not. as long as the main title is the focus of the main event segment, I'm set.

    Taker's a part timer. People complaining that he's not in the main event and at the same time complaining that Rock, Lesnar etc are in the main event is hypocritical. That's just a fact to me.
    1st match in 3 years or not, I fail to see why that means he should be in the main event.
    Sadly the title holder/or the one fueding with them doesn't mean it will close the show all the time. Unless Cena is involved. Cena will close the show pretty much all the time no matter what. Of course sometimes there are exceptions to that rule...Punk/UT right before WM

    Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"


    ^
    ah, Renee Young


  10. #30
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by StonEnigma View Post
    Um I didn't say that at all, I didn't even imply it
    You didn't imply that by any means... He is just using a common fallacy to try to rattle the pretty solid foundation for your argumentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    Sadly the title holder/or the one fueding with them doesn't mean it will close the show all the time. Unless Cena is involved. Cena will close the show pretty much all the time no matter what. Of course sometimes there are exceptions to that rule...Punk/UT right before WM
    Your biggest name will likely close the show whether he's relevant or not to the title picture. It's been that way for a long time... Cm punks first title reign it was like that... Chris Jericho's first title reign was like that... It's just how the wheel turns I guess.
    #BeJelly


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.