Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    TNA pretty much has the same ratings year round. those things are on a small amount of the year. people need to face the fact that maybe this is the best TNA will do.
    As the same for the WWE, esp as of late.... of course you might have you high rated shows Specials, Night after Wrestlemania, Slammys, Old School and etc...
    The case for TNA ratings not going rise over night or by magic, lots of it fall back on the network Spike, how many viewers watches Spike, what markets or cable or satellite providers carry them even the channel line up...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    As the same for the WWE, esp as of late.... of course you might have you high rated shows Specials, Night after Wrestlemania, Slammys, Old School and etc...
    The case for TNA ratings not going rise over night or by magic, lots of it fall back on the network Spike, how many viewers watches Spike, what markets or cable or satellite providers carry them even the channel line up...

spike is just below AMC and AMC has like the top 3 dramas cable on tv.

Blog Entries
    spike is just below AMC and AMC has like the top 3 dramas cable on tv.
    Look at USA they get a est, 2.6 million just last week, then Syfy with 1.1 million, Spike had a est 887 thousand very big difference....

Look at other networks that are more established and backed like TBS and TNT or Disney always a top 5 or 10 network, also look what programming they have on.... AMC got 3 top shows but nothing else to draw the viewers in much like Spike...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Look at USA they get a est, 2.6 million just last week, then Syfy with 1.1 million, Spike had a est 887 thousand very big difference....

Look at other networks that are more established and backed like TBS and TNT or Disney always a top 5 or 10 network, also look what programming they have on.... AMC got 3 top shows but nothing else to draw the viewers in much like Spike...
    again AMC is like the same ratings Spike tv has. but it has 3 or 4 huge tv shows on it. the channel doesn't matter. fans will watch the channel if they like a show on it.

again AMC is like the same ratings Spike tv has. but it has 3 or 4 huge tv shows on it. the channel doesn't matter. fans will watch the channel if they like a show on it.
    I half agree and half disagree.

AMC, outside of their big shows like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, basically just play movies and syndicate Three Stooges. So of course, their typical viewership will be down outside of those shows.

Spike doesn't have a big show like that. Not only that, but those shows on AMC are geared toward many different demographics. For every time they show Last Samurai, they'll show Pretty woman. And many women and younger generation males, love Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Not many love Lizard Lick Towing and Bellator.

So while overall, the ratings for both stations are probably pretty equal, Impact's ratings would increase on a station like AMC, because of it's affiliation with a station with a more broad audience. Imagine, everyone watching Breaking Bad, sees a promo for the next Impact? How many more people are going to become aware of it?

I think they have been doing a much better job since going on the road, but what will likely hurt them is:

The crowd: They, essentially, tape 3-4 hours twice a month. 2 live. 2 taped. The crowd could get burnt out during this time, unless the crowd is mostly, or completely different from the crowd before. Plus, having people on the show(Where the audience can see) 2 or 3 times, diminishes their pop, or possibly could.

Spike: As said above... Spike literally has nothing much to draw in anyone but older guys, which is why Spike is still one of the lower TV channels, so to speak. Lifetime may suffer from the same thing(Catering to women). Spike has no big show that can draw people in. AMC has Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, and I think Mad Men. USA has Suits, White Collar, Burn Notice; even TNT has it's own stuff. Spike has a bunch of stuff that you can miss and not miss a thing. It's almost like a basketball line up. One good show, and a bunch of filler shows isn't going to cut it. TNA doesn't have the starting line up around it for it to grow.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

[QUOTE=thedag;796819]why do every tna fan blame it other shows that are on? it could be that this is there fan base and they won't get anymore fans for awhile.

I often see on the Nielson website that WWE takes a hit with most sporting events too, so that's why fans can say that, because it does affect the ratings. It's obvious by the picture in your posts that you dislike TNA, so why does the Almighty E that I gave up on, and haven't watched in over 16 months, after 7 years of waiting for it to change need to bring Rock & Brock back if there ratings & PPV buys are so good? The last 3 Wrestlemanias with The Rock did more buys than before he returned, so the WWE needs to Bring It, because they're living on old stars, that are only part timers. I agree TNA isn't a ratings juggernaut, but WWE lives off old stars to stay afolat.

I often see on the Nielson website that WWE takes a hit with most sporting events too, so that's why fans can say that, because it does affect the ratings. It's obvious by the picture in your posts that you dislike TNA, so why does the Almighty E that I gave up on, and haven't watched in over 16 months, after 7 years of waiting for it to change need to bring Rock & Brock back if there ratings & PPV buys are so good? The last 3 Wrestlemanias with The Rock did more buys than before he returned, so the WWE needs to Bring It, because they're living on old stars, that are only part timers. I agree TNA isn't a ratings juggernaut, but WWE lives off old stars to stay afolat.

[QUOTE=Fan4Now;797191]
    why do every tna fan blame it other shows that are on? it could be that this is there fan base and they won't get anymore fans for awhile.

when did i say i dont like tna? i watch it every week 2 times.

Going live and on the road are two great additions but:

1) TNA is and probably will always be the B league
    2) TNA has next to no brand awarness
    3) Wrestling just is not hot, right now

While I personally prefer the product to WWE's, I can see why it doesn't do that great ratings wise, the main reason been reason 2.