Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Do you feel Impact is doing better on the road?

Simple yes or no answer for the most... But I'm sure there will be a few maybes like with me...
    So the question again. Do you feel Impact is doing better on the road with over a month sense they started going on the road??

My answer- for the most part yes, very mixed, for the most part they are doing good drawing the fans, sticking to their guns small arenas... Many of the talent have stepped up (on and off air) from what I can tell and see on TV.. Where TNA is still lacking at is on the TV side of things, ratings haven't really showed due to many reasons... From the lack of the TV audience to stiff competition on TV...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I definitely think so. It makes them look more credible as well as adds some excitement to the truly live shows. Apparently and for what it is worth, like you touched on, it is not helping their TV ratings. I'm not sure why. Maybe the A&Es ran it's course or does Bully not draw as a champion? Probably both.

Well the biggest problem with the ratings I think is just the timing of the entire situation. I mean look at it like this. TNA has started going live during the NCAA Tournament, now the NFL Draft, and finally the NBA Playoffs. Hopefully after this we can see a steady rise in the ratings afterwards.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Well the biggest problem with the ratings I think is just the timing of the entire situation. I mean look at it like this. TNA has started going live during the NCAA Tournament, now the NFL Draft, and finally the NBA Playoffs. Hopefully after this we can see a steady rise in the ratings afterwards.
    why do every tna fan blame it other shows that are on? it could be that this is there fan base and they won't get anymore fans for awhile.

The biggest issue with ratings is, Spike TV. It has such a limited demographic. Nothing on that station is geared toward anyone other than mid range male demographics. And the shows outside of Impact are ridiculous. 1000 Ways to Die, Reality Shows about towing battles, storage auctioners, digging, and bad tenants. And on weekends, it's Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Rambo, Jason Stathom films, Jet Li films, etc. That station does them no good because it doesn't reach other demographics such as younger males, women, teens...etc.

Personally I'm tired of A&E and wish it would just wrap up already, feel it detracts from the rest of the show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    why do every tna fan blame it other shows that are on? it could be that this is there fan base and they won't get anymore fans for awhile.
    One time I might agree with you here.... really these other shows or events really do little to TNA/Impacts ratings.... its the network and what shows they do or don't have...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I think Impact is better on the road. They shouldn't worry about trying to increase their rating as much as trying to increase attendance and crowd size at their live events. The rest will take care of itself. I hope they continue with the NWO/Sting rehash and it leads to A.J. vs Bully Ray at Bound For Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    On a typical night? Yeah no big deal, but there is more of a following for sports than wrestling. It's the same reason Raw pulls out all the stops during Monday Night Football. Big sporting events like the NCAA tournament, the NFL Draft, and the NBA playoffs will affect TNA. It's not an excuse.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    On a typical night? Yeah no big deal, but there is more of a following for sports than wrestling. It's the same reason Raw pulls out all the stops during Monday Night Football. Big sporting events like the NCAA tournament, the NFL Draft, and the NBA playoffs will affect TNA. It's not an excuse.

TNA pretty much has the same ratings year round. those things are on a small amount of the year. people need to face the fact that maybe this is the best TNA will do.