Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't put the blame on the part timers. My issue is the lack of attention the mid card actually gets. They are almost treated like the Divas. They put so much effort into selling these main event stars that the mid-carders always end up on the back burner which is unfortunate because the mid-card is the most important group in my opinion. Yes main event draws the crowd, but the mid-card keeps people from being bored most of the time, they carry the events, they set the tempo for the main event matches.

It is like they want every match to be a main event type match. WM 29 is a prime example of that. I also feel that because they want to have this main event feel all the time, that former main event stars (Randy Orton, Shamus) are pushed to the side simply because they aren't as big. the World Heavyweight title, something that use to feel like it meant they were the number 2 in the company, feels like mid-card title. The US and Intercontinental titles no longer feel like milestones, they are just something to keep some folks happy and not complain.

With the lack of attention to the mid-card talent, no one can really move up, because you are not showcasing them properly. The crowd can't get behind someone who they don't know, they can't root or boo for someone who doesn't talk, they can't get behind a guy who only appears on your Youtube channel, they can't get behind a guy who is stuck on WWE Main Event, and definitely you can't keep squashing mid-card talent to upper mid/main event stars. You have 2 mainstream shows, one of them being 3 hours, half of the time is being spent on replay packages, we didn't get this much replays in the 90's, and that was before the rise of the internet.I understand the product is aimed towards a younger generation, but The E treat them like they are slow with these constant replays. Most of that time can be used for a match, or everyone's favorite, mic time (remember when people complained about the wrestlers talking too much on the mic?), but God forbid, no cheesy dance contest, rap offs, sing offs, etc etc (especially when you don't have the personalities for those things).

Can part-timers hold back some of the talents? Yes, but to be honest, they were held back before they came. The same guys we wanted to see get pushed 3 years ago, mostly are the same guys we still want to see pushed. The problem is, we want them to be at the main event level, the main event has always been a small exclusive group, what we should really focus on is making the mid-card status bigger, that way, it doesn't even matter if the part timers come back to face the John Cena's, the Cm Punks, etc, etc.

They could easily push more talent, if they would split the brands again.

If they want to push more talent they need to stop having their champions lose all the damned time. Every time I turn on Raw or Smackdown, there's the World Heavyweight Champion or the IC or US Champion or Tag Team champions, jobbing to midcarders.

For Foley's sake, let someone be dominant for a little while and see if he gets over. Right now it feels like everyone is burying everyone else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCityLights View Post
    I don't put the blame on the part timers. My issue is the lack of attention the mid card actually gets. They are almost treated like the Divas. They put so much effort into selling these main event stars that the mid-carders always end up on the back burner which is unfortunate because the mid-card is the most important group in my opinion. Yes main event draws the crowd, but the mid-card keeps people from being bored most of the time, they carry the events, they set the tempo for the main event matches....
    Yes. These are the true workhorses...the tent poles that keep the sideshow tent up so that the flashy "superstars" can run in there and do their thing and get all the glory...I am not saying the main attractions do not have their place in drawing a crowd but there would be no show without the others who are the glue

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

They are doing this because ratings. It isn't like guys arn't benefiting from Taker coming back. Look at the Shield.....they look even stronger!!