Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Undertaker last night?

I don't know if it's just me but I thought The Undertaker looked pretty good in the ring. He looked in pretty good shape. Am I the only one who thinks this??

Everyone always seems to bitch that Taker is in terrible shape and should retire, yet he always delivers. Its a never ending cycle.

I think he did great last night. While wrestling may have taken a toll on his body after all these years it didn't show last night. That said, its not like he is wrestling 300+ days a year- so of course he can still do great in these few matches a year

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Nope, Pretty sure he can smack around most of the roster if he wanted to. Guy may be almost 50, but he puts more in than most of the younger guys...that includes today's top WWE stars. I've yet to see Orton , Sheamus, Cena, Ryback take falls like he has. The only ones that gives as much as Taker does is Punk DB and HHH. I'm hoping the NXT generation of stars will pick up on that. Already seeing it with The Shield...Tyson Kidd and Gabrial have the hunger. Learn from the Taker, even a 300 ibs 6'10" man will take a good bump to put on a show. They gotta stop comparing him to Rick Flair and Hogan. Takers not that old. sting is way older and people don't seem to bitch about him in the ring. I haven't seen him take a good bump in yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by venom28- View Post
    Nope, Pretty sure he can smack around most of the roster if he wanted to. Guy may be almost 50, but he puts more in than most of the younger guys...that includes today's top WWE stars. I've yet to see Orton , Sheamus, Cena, Ryback take falls like he has. The only ones that gives as much as Taker does is Punk DB and HHH. I'm hoping the NXT generation of stars will pick up on that. Already seeing it with The Shield...Tyson Kidd and Gabrial have the hunger. Learn from the Taker, even a 300 ibs 6'10" man will take a good bump to put on a show. They gotta stop comparing him to Rick Flair and Hogan. Takers not that old. sting is way older and people don't seem to bitch about him in the ring. I haven't seen him take a good bump in yrs.
    Taker and Sting can still do it in the ring- UT can do it better though. UT has paced his matches out though- which is smart. Thats why he has lasted that long. Your Hogans, Flairs, Foleys and even Sting don't do that and it shows when they get in the ring

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

All of this jerking off about the Undertaker's in-ring ability needs to stop. Sure, it's not horrible, but it's very basic and slow. He's pretty much all gimmick, and underneath it is an average wrestler.. which isn't necessarily a knock. It's near impossible to be explosive at his size. He stays in relative shape, he's nice to bring back a few times a year for nostalgia, but that's it.

He obviously not in tip-top shape, but he is up there in age. Kudos to him for helping to put on a solid match.

I dont see him working many non-tag matches, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but I thought The Undertaker looked pretty good in the ring. He looked in pretty good shape. Am I the only one who thinks this??
    I saw this too. People act like taker has one foot in the grave. Hacksaw, flair until recently both we're still active not to mention sergeant slaughter.

The Undertaker is one of the very select few in the discussion of the greatest ever. I say if his body will hold up and he feels well enough to do it, than forget about retiring after 30 and push the streak to 25-0. 22. Brock 23. Rock 24. Kane 25. Cena