Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Here's what I put Barrett's broad appeal down to - he's competent in the ring but not too flash but he has a few other things going for him; he seems like a knockabout guy - the sort of fella you could imagine hanging out with and knocking back a few cold ones with. Like an English Steve Austin. Also, he's ruggedly handsome and speaks well - which is something a lot of guys (who won't admit to it) really take a shine to in other blokes. So that's my assessment of why people do like him - he's like an everyman.
    What Rob said sounds about right haha.

I'd like him to win some matches by stoppage to show his ruthless bare knuckle fighting, rather than a simple one blow knockout have him in the mount position beat his opponents until the ref pulls him off and raises his hand........... please excuse the innuendos involved in that sentance

Blog Entries
    That stoppage idea would be great, even with his size, but it would wear off in a few months, and he would be bland vanilla heel again. The problem with him is that he says that hes going to destroy, and his barrage is gonna run everyone over, but he either wins against santino, or yoshi tatsu, or loses against everyone else.

In my perspective, I believe Wade Barrett gimmick is stale. In order to stop the gimmick from getting stale, he needs to win the Smackdown Money In The Bank briefcase. If he does this, it elevates him to infinite heights. He can revive a rivalry with Randy Orton and make some new rivalries with Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder (heel), Danial Bryan, etc. This can revive the Barrett Barrage and add more meaning to the knockout blow with the Bullhammer! Wade Barrett is well liked through many in the IWC because we are waiting/hoping for him to break through the glass celing and when he does the crowd will erupt in cheers. In that being said, the Barrett Barrage has begun!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

It mostly, imo, comes down to WWE not giving him anything to work with after Nexus. His bareknuckle brawler gimmick didn't pan out because they didn't do anything with it. "Hey, I'm barret, I'm a fighter." Received same half-ass push.

He can put on some decent matches(See: vs Miz, not the pre-show match, the one after), and can cut a decent promo. He just gets no real push.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

I think the title of this forum post says it all. What is so great about Barrett? Basically nothing. People love to blame creative and the way he's booked and all that but honestly, you can make that claim for anybody. So what's special about Wade Barrett over anyone else who could be "booked and pushed correctly"? IMO, he doesn't deserve a push of any kind because he does nothing. He's just a tad above mediocre on the mic and nothing about his ring work stands out in any way.

Blog Entries
    I agree that Barrett is a bit boring. I hate how he combs his hair like a twerp. Waste of a big guy. He'll probably get a nice win tonight on RAW, then lose next week to Kofi or someone in a non title match.

Winner takes all match
    Wade Barrett(c) vs Kofi Kingston(c)

Barrett wins !

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I think the title of this forum post says it all. What is so great about Barrett? Basically nothing. People love to blame creative and the way he's booked and all that but honestly, you can make that claim for anybody. So what's special about Wade Barrett over anyone else who could be "booked and pushed correctly"? IMO, he doesn't deserve a push of any kind because he does nothing. He's just a tad above mediocre on the mic and nothing about his ring work stands out in any way.
    I cant believe what I just read, you probably think Regal sucks as well

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Winner takes all match
    Wade Barrett(c) vs Kofi Kingston(c)

Barrett wins !
    That would be an excellent match to unify the title. I believe there has been talks of unifying the titles and it would be great to see how this match goes since both champions have been vs each other for a long period of time. If we were to see two superstars to unify the titles it should be at either Summerslam, Survivor Series (first unification of the titles Edge vs. Test;2001) or at Wrestlemania. It should be between Wade Barrett (I.C) vs Antonio Cesaro (U.S). Cesaro can redeem himself and Barrett can be at one of the greatest matches in 2013 or whenever this match takes place. This match should take place at Wrestlemania 31 in Wembely Stadium with such magic, the whole crowd will be into it!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS