Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWA's Future

Blog Entries

IWA's Future

I’ve been told in recent times that I have become known as someone who shoots from the hip. I don’t know if that was a compliment, a complaint or just a statement but with that being said, I am going to pull back the curtain ever so slightly and reveal some of what has been going on over the last couple of months and to how we’ve gotten to this point.

It’s been more than two months now since I’ve ‘inherited’ IWA. After Destined for Immortality, it was supposed to be a 3-man creative force heading it up. Unfortunately, Torphy felt like he couldn’t commit as much as he’d like to, so he decided it was best for everyone involved that he step away from creative. I spoke to Torphy about it when it was all happening, and I fully understand and support his reasons for doing so. Everyone knows that I have a lot of respect for Torphy, and that is something I know will go on for a long time.

Within hours of Torphy stepping down, Bear decided he wanted out too. If I am honest, Bear was always on the edge and had tried to walk away a couple of time beforehand and I think Torphy going was the final straw.

And then there was one.

While I have taken up the reigns of running this fed, IWA would not be around were it not for everyone who stepped up. Vandarius was first to jump up and say that IWA will not close. Scribbler_Jones was next to say that he was going to make damn sure that this fed stays. Before Torphy and Bear leaving, I had already has the idea of doing an ‘apprentice’ type scheme where we would train someone up in the dark arts of creative and had already singled out AshleyPunk as the first recruit. Those three are the real reasons why IWA is still here and the fact that, after Torphy and Bear left, we got that show out on time was so important. We needed to make sure that the transition would be as smooth as possible and I would like to think that is exactly how it was – seamless. Almost as if nothing had happened.

Three weeks later, Bear approached me and asked if I would be ok with him heading up a second show on IWA and I’m not going to lie, I told him no. Completely outright. Not because we didn’t need a second show (because – by God – we really did!) but because Bear isn’t reliable. I love the guy to bits and I will always consider him to have a great mind for efedding, but I was extremely proud of the fact that we were able to let the show go on uninterrupted and I couldn’t risk the inevitable again.

After a while, he talked me round. It was initially going to be Vand and I running Chaos whilst Bear and Ashley ran the new show. Bear wanted to start straight away, but I slammed the breaks on that. I wanted the foundations firm and ready before we announce anything, and I insisted that the new show have a third member of creative. I wasn’t going to take any chances.

Bear found his third man – Eddie. As soon as I saw that, I jumped up and down with joy! Eddie is another guy I have the world of respect for and to have someone of his experience who was more than happy to balance IWA and JBW...just wow! Eddie and Bear were going to alternate posting shows whilst Ashley would learn from rubbing shoulders with two of the best that this forum has to offer.

But, alas, the inevitable did happen. About two weeks ago, Bear announced that he was done with efedding altogether. He was gone, again. I spent the next couple of hours being amazingly angry (and I think fellow efed owners will vouch for that) until Eddie sent me a PM. He told me that he was happy to run the new show as JBW will be closing its doors (albeit temporarily, as it turns out). My back-up plan worked.

Within the last week or so, Krysys offered to lend us a hand with things and bearing in mind his experience in running TWE, we couldn't pass that chance up. The guy writes some great matches and if you read the last TWE PPV that he headed up, you can understand why we jumped at that opportunity.

So that’s where we are now. IWA will be indeed be having a brand new show, which will start after Night of Legends. The creative force behind IWA’s Revolution will be Eddie, Ashley and Krysys, whilst on Chaos it will be Vand, Scribbs and I.

After NoL, we will be having a two week break. IWA has been going non-stop since December now (which is when we last had a break) and I think the guys have more than deserved it.

But this isn’t just about what happens behind the scenes. I just wanted to take this time to thank you guys for sticking with us. I know that it has been frustrating at times, but I didn’t want to bring in a second show until the ground work was done. You guys are more than deserving of showcasing your talents and the fact that you haven’t been able to do that on a more regular basis because of the sheer size of the roster is an absolute crime.

So here we go guys. IWA is expanding, and will be getting better and better as the days, weeks and months progress. We're still happy to take on anyone who fancy's a go at creative because you never know, maybe in a few months we'll need a third damn show!

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    IWA has become the fastest growing fed, without a doubt, and this was a needed change. as far as who is heading up Revolution? Eddie and Krysys on the same team is gonna be INSANE!!! I can't fucking wait. Ash, you have already shown a lot of talent, and now you are pretty much about to get fucking powerleveled as a writer

Can't wait to see the first show!

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    IWA has become the fastest growing fed, without a doubt, and this was a needed change. as far as who is heading up Revolution? Eddie and Krysys on the same team is gonna be INSANE!!! I can't fucking wait. Ash, you have already shown a lot of talent, and now you are pretty much about to get fucking powerleveled as a writer

Can't wait to see the first show!
    Thank-you Asher
    I feel very privileged to be allowed to work with some amazing guys since I arrived here on IWA and long may it continue and I say...

Bring on the Revolution

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Blog Entries
    K2Jelly, way to give a piece of advice we didn't know was already in the works!
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    K2Jelly, way to give a piece of advice we didn't know was already in the works!
    It was inevitable given the increasing roster size. With that said, I'm glad that things are turning in the right direction for the IWA. These kinds of threads, ones that discuss a fed's future, tend to lean towards the negative. Glad to see that things are really looking up now with our new creative and of course, the brand expansion.

Nice to see IWA expanding, I would have been sad to see it close considering I barely joined.

Thank you for the compliments all three of you.

The fact is, I was already attached to doing Revolution (originally called Anarchy by Bear- me writing for a brand called Anarchy? Let's not go there again) by the time Jman disappeared and JBW caught some serious trouble, so when Bear stepped down, the logical choice was for me to step up and run Revolution as by that time, I'd already made the decision to not continue on with JBW.

Firstly, I am absolutely delighted to be working alongside Krysys. He knew about the brand after a conversation on here concerning one of his characters and when he offered his help, I was thrilled. I've always considered him a hell of a writer on the forums and anybody who read/took part in TWE when he was in charge will know this.

Secondly, I'm also so happy to be working alongside Ashley. She's already proven her worth to the cause by writing some terrific matches for IWA so far and I've also had her book a feud for the future on Revolution and that is going to be something special! So both of you guys, I know we can make Revolution a hell of a show.

Thanks to Benny for this opportunity and I won't let you down. *He says nervously, waiting for the cock of a gun or unsheathing of a sword.*

Bring on the Revolution.

Kyojin

Final ICW World Champion

eWN eFed Superstar of the Year 2012

ICW/IWA Superstar of the Year 2012

Final HWA Adrenaline Champion

Final EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion

Former EWNCW Tag Team Champion (as part of Hot Wasabi)

EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (as part of Hot Wasabi)

Former 2x IWA Endurance Champion

Former 2x ICW Insanity Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    It was inevitable given the increasing roster size. With that said, I'm glad that things are turning in the right direction for the IWA. These kinds of threads, ones that discuss a fed's future, tend to lean towards the negative. Glad to see that things are really looking up now with our new creative and of course, the brand expansion.
    Totally, I'll be honest, when I saw the thread title I felt a bit of dread, like "Fuck, not more bad news" glad to be so wrong!

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Totally, I'll be honest, when I saw the thread title I felt a bit of dread, like "Fuck, not more bad news" glad to be so wrong!
    Bad Benny scaring you

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

I want to thank Benny, Asher, and Eddie for the high praise. I am looking forward to Revolution as it is a new chapter for me. I honestly thought I wouldn't write anymore and am damn glad that I was wrong. I look forward to working with Ashley and Eddie.
    Profile Retired