Thread: IWA's Future

Threaded View

Blog Entries

IWA's Future

I’ve been told in recent times that I have become known as someone who shoots from the hip. I don’t know if that was a compliment, a complaint or just a statement but with that being said, I am going to pull back the curtain ever so slightly and reveal some of what has been going on over the last couple of months and to how we’ve gotten to this point.

It’s been more than two months now since I’ve ‘inherited’ IWA. After Destined for Immortality, it was supposed to be a 3-man creative force heading it up. Unfortunately, Torphy felt like he couldn’t commit as much as he’d like to, so he decided it was best for everyone involved that he step away from creative. I spoke to Torphy about it when it was all happening, and I fully understand and support his reasons for doing so. Everyone knows that I have a lot of respect for Torphy, and that is something I know will go on for a long time.

Within hours of Torphy stepping down, Bear decided he wanted out too. If I am honest, Bear was always on the edge and had tried to walk away a couple of time beforehand and I think Torphy going was the final straw.

And then there was one.

While I have taken up the reigns of running this fed, IWA would not be around were it not for everyone who stepped up. Vandarius was first to jump up and say that IWA will not close. Scribbler_Jones was next to say that he was going to make damn sure that this fed stays. Before Torphy and Bear leaving, I had already has the idea of doing an ‘apprentice’ type scheme where we would train someone up in the dark arts of creative and had already singled out AshleyPunk as the first recruit. Those three are the real reasons why IWA is still here and the fact that, after Torphy and Bear left, we got that show out on time was so important. We needed to make sure that the transition would be as smooth as possible and I would like to think that is exactly how it was – seamless. Almost as if nothing had happened.

Three weeks later, Bear approached me and asked if I would be ok with him heading up a second show on IWA and I’m not going to lie, I told him no. Completely outright. Not because we didn’t need a second show (because – by God – we really did!) but because Bear isn’t reliable. I love the guy to bits and I will always consider him to have a great mind for efedding, but I was extremely proud of the fact that we were able to let the show go on uninterrupted and I couldn’t risk the inevitable again.

After a while, he talked me round. It was initially going to be Vand and I running Chaos whilst Bear and Ashley ran the new show. Bear wanted to start straight away, but I slammed the breaks on that. I wanted the foundations firm and ready before we announce anything, and I insisted that the new show have a third member of creative. I wasn’t going to take any chances.

Bear found his third man – Eddie. As soon as I saw that, I jumped up and down with joy! Eddie is another guy I have the world of respect for and to have someone of his experience who was more than happy to balance IWA and JBW...just wow! Eddie and Bear were going to alternate posting shows whilst Ashley would learn from rubbing shoulders with two of the best that this forum has to offer.

But, alas, the inevitable did happen. About two weeks ago, Bear announced that he was done with efedding altogether. He was gone, again. I spent the next couple of hours being amazingly angry (and I think fellow efed owners will vouch for that) until Eddie sent me a PM. He told me that he was happy to run the new show as JBW will be closing its doors (albeit temporarily, as it turns out). My back-up plan worked.

Within the last week or so, Krysys offered to lend us a hand with things and bearing in mind his experience in running TWE, we couldn't pass that chance up. The guy writes some great matches and if you read the last TWE PPV that he headed up, you can understand why we jumped at that opportunity.

So that’s where we are now. IWA will be indeed be having a brand new show, which will start after Night of Legends. The creative force behind IWA’s Revolution will be Eddie, Ashley and Krysys, whilst on Chaos it will be Vand, Scribbs and I.

After NoL, we will be having a two week break. IWA has been going non-stop since December now (which is when we last had a break) and I think the guys have more than deserved it.

But this isn’t just about what happens behind the scenes. I just wanted to take this time to thank you guys for sticking with us. I know that it has been frustrating at times, but I didn’t want to bring in a second show until the ground work was done. You guys are more than deserving of showcasing your talents and the fact that you haven’t been able to do that on a more regular basis because of the sheer size of the roster is an absolute crime.

So here we go guys. IWA is expanding, and will be getting better and better as the days, weeks and months progress. We're still happy to take on anyone who fancy's a go at creative because you never know, maybe in a few months we'll need a third damn show!

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy